Part 39

***

"What? Is this visit the bedridden monster day? Why you all cramping my style?"

"Why do you insist on calling yourself that Al? I never really understood."

"Vi, I told you not to call me Al. It reminds me of a TV show character, and he wasn't the best row-model either. And you have a pretty little wolf that talks to you like in the books, while I just turn into a 4000 pounds killing machine, that could take a warhog down in one hit if the warhog was stupid enough to just stay there and take it."

"So you think my wolf is pretty? That's so nice of you!"

"That's all you got out of all that?"

"Fine. So what is a TV show? And who is this Al and why do you say that about him?"

"A TV show is like a theater play happening inside a device your world probably had before your great Techno War or Wars. And Al was a guy with a mediocre job, well actually a boring and uninteresting job, which had little pay..."

"Pay?"

"Rewards for something done. And his greatest enjoyments was to sit in front of a TV with his hand down his pants whenever he was free; that and taking a shit regularly after every meal. Basically a loser."

"Seems likes you use loser as a bad thing, not that he actually lost something. But I guess it fits. Would that make you an emotional loser?"

"What the heck is that supposed to mean?"

"You're stuck in a way of thinking that doesn't fit your situation any longer, which you refuse to accept. Your rewards for staying in that situation are bad. You wallow in self-pity regularly, almost like you enjoy it. Any chance that Al was good at beating people up?"

"Actually... yeah."

"Well, at least you got him there. You can mess people up physically and emotionally. Your behavior is affecting your friends and your team, your Alpha and indirectly your pack, and I'm betting E isn't too happy about it either."

"So should I expect everyone coming to visit only doing it to scold me?"

"Will you always switch to a counter when you hear something you don't like?"

"How about we talk about something else. Note that wise people are annoying. I liked you better when you weren't this annoying."

"That's a nice way to compliment and insult someone in the same sentence. And I guess my talks with my mate are rubbing some of his wisdom on me."

"Shouldn't you be talking about other things than me? Like having babies or something?"

"Al'Aeen, you are currently one of our biggest concerns. Your actions affect many. Conall wants to have a chat with you soon as well."

"Let me guess, it's a physical kind of chat?"

"Well, nobody ever said you were dumb, just acting like an idiot most of the time."

"Gee, thanks! So how is the war going?"

"You should know about that too, so I'll indulge the subject change. You have to promise to think about all I said though!"

"Fine, I will."

"So how are you feeling physically?"

"I can sit by myself now and I'm able to move all the major parts of my body, pretty sure I'll be standing and walking by tomorrow. Voice seems to be a problem still. No idea why."

"I have received a summon from Meiarr. I'll be back tomorrow so I can tell you about the war then. Good night!"

Al'Aeen just nods his salute and tries to find a comfortable position to sleep in.

*A.N.: Remember to vote and maybe share your thoughts :)