Part 25

"Indeed. For some reason, they don't want to refer to me by my real name. You may call me Otaktay."

"You must not have a very friendly personality then, Otaktay."

"On the contrary, I am very friendly with my close collaborators. Those that do not disappoint me, that is."

"You sound like a mob boss."

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing. Something..."

"Ah, from your world. Earth, was it?"

"Y...yes. How..."

"I see. Well, I know everything. Including how to get you and your child back home."

"You are lying."

"Why would I? I swear on my soul I know a way to get you home. 30 days money back guarantee! Isn't that what you earthlings say?"

"And the catch?"

"Help me help you!"

"Be more specific, Jerry!"

"Be my champion, come to my camp so we can explore what you can do and your usefulness to my grand plan, and how we can expand that usefulness. How you can become stronger, faster, more in tune with your beast."

"I do not have a beast and you talk like a politician. I don't like it."

"For someone with not much of a choice, you sure argue a lot. Don't make me angry, Al'Aeen. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

"Naturally. I don't even like myself when I'm angry."

"Here you go again, hiding your hopes and fears under humor. It's endearing really, but stalls the progress of our conversation. You know I have places to be..."

"People to kill?"

"Glad we understand each other. I feel like I need to tell you that everything I've done, I'm doing now and will have to do in the future is for the good of us all, in the name of Calla and our Moons."

"So you serve the greater good?"

"Precisely! Someone finally gets it!"

"The greater good of Otaktay?"

"Now you're just being an annoying little shit. You know I could just order that useless wolf to kill you, right?"

"But you need me."

"Need is too strong a word. You intrigue me. And you have the potential of becoming several things like a trump card, a surprise element, a fear factor, a model of loyalty, a leader, a poster boy and that's just off the top of my head.

With or without you, my plans move forward. But I'd have more fun with you by my side.

So? What do you say?"

"What's in it for me?"

"A practical man. I really like that!

Whatever you want.

Power, women, riches, safety for your child, a way home.

Hell, you can even have your stubborn mate if you want, after you remove her from her position, of course, she's yours to do with as you please."

"And what exactly would I have to do?"

"Seems your understanding is above the idiots I've been forced to surround myself with.

You need to do one thing really:

Redefine your moral values!

Align them to the greater good.

Whatever is needed for the greater good, so whatever I deem necessary.

If we understand each other, once you know what I know and you see why I'm doing all of this, I'm pretty sure I won't even have to tell you what to do anymore.

You could, I mean you have to potential, if you prove worthy, to even become my general. Maybe even my proxy."

"That offer is so good, it almost sounds desperate."

"You're being a little shit again. Think about it! Rationally, doesn't it make sense?"

"You want me to kill, conquer and enslave tens of thousands, maybe more, for a plan preparing for a future that may or may never come to be?"

"I knew you were above the rest."

"Or maybe I'm not and I just read something similar in a book a long time ago."

"But if all events are cyclical, and all stories are based on at least one drop of reality, it strengthens the validity of my point further."

"You should have become a lawyer instead of an evil mastermind."

"I bet lawyers don't have my benefits."

"You'd be surprised. So what's my deadline?"

"You mean after all I've said, you still aren't convinced?"

"No. I can't believe I haven't already refused you."

"You don't have much choice, little shit. You either say yes, or you die here. But I guess I can give you until morning to think it over."

"How gracious of you!"

"Oh, I can already see how much fun we're going to have together Al'Aeen!"

"Yeah, I can hardly wait."

"Lindator, give Al'Aeen your tent and let him have his child. If he escapes, I'll skin you alive and force feed you whatever comes off. Good night!"

*A.N.: Since i wrote part 26 today, counter reset to 0. You know the drill.

So? Did you miss the Master?