Part 114

"So I took a part of the soul shard that should have been Jena's mate in a few generation had I not interfered in the first place and voila! Al'Aeen comes into being!

Because a soul is infinite, no matter how much you take, what remains is still infinite.

So I took an infinite part, enough for a new soul shard.

Don't look at me like it makes no sense!

It's simply beyond you. Trust me!

Fun fact: I'm basically your mother, you know?

Unfortunately, Calla has, as you probably know by now, both a human and an animal side for most of its individuals and because Jena was one of those individuals, to be her mate you had to be the same.

And l say unfortunately because you, the Al'Aeen soul shard, were insufficient to account for both animal and human side.

I found out the hard way I needed a second soul shard for that.

And here I go happily on my way to remove another piece of soul from the original when the Greater Soul flicks me off. AGAIN! That bastard! It even gave me a 'Fcuk off!' warning message!

I'm telling you, Al'Aeen, don't get involved with Greater Souls! They're rude!

I was in a pickle! And instead of being sour, it was way too salty!

Then, a huge light bulb turned on inside my head!

The child!

It had a piece of the original you, only it was under the jurisdiction of a newly created Greater Soul, one I had not antagonized yet and I was happy. So happy!

I separated the part that was contributed by your original soul shard from the one contributed by the female soul shard.

Out of that, I took just enough to create a new soul shard, one that would become your animal side. It was still you, but different. Just like Lana is still Jena, but different from Jena in a way."

"But what the Avatar didn't know or understand is that a Greater Soul is not affected by how new or experienced it is. It will instantly know everything from the first moment it comes into being. And it wasn't happy that Sandra had interfered with its first soul shard which was your original's daughter, the three-year-old girl you saw," E intervenes.

"It's not like I hurt the child in any way! I took a part from an infinite so it still had an infinite left. Nothing was changed. So where's the problem?" Sandra argues.

"You assume too much.

You meddled with a number of soul shards, and consequently, they Greater Selves.

Mine, being a younger Greater Soul, was not as tolerant as the others.

Your only break was that it found the situation intriguing and tasked me with seeing it through with nobody hurt. Except for the culprit, which is you, of course.

So I become aware of what had happened, who I was, and what steps were needed for a positive outcome.

And I had the means and the knowledge to make everything happen.

Ironically, the best way to proceed was to do the exact opposite of what Sandra would have.

I had to interfere the least! Let everything progress by itself, and let the Al'Aeen soul shard become ready to learn about everything on its own.

And the first step was to forbid our merger into a regular were-shifter of Calla.

But that brought one a new problem because the body of a Calla dweller is used to dealing with a double-sided soul shard which Al'Aeen was not. It grew larger since it had less energy to balance and based on what Al'Aeen expected the world to be like, it acted differently from a normal were. Hence the ancient bear form."

E finally stops so Al'Aeen can catch up with the processing of all the new information.

"This is too much! This kind of story should only take place in a book!" he exclaims.

"It is what it is. As it stands, you are at a crossroads and where you go from here will affect us both, as I will respect and follow your choice," E adds.