Part 55

"Thanks, but you're both wrong and right at the same time. This is the best time to have fun. I just need a bit more practice in focusing. Your slick moves are distracting, like the flow of rapid waters, both dangerous and naturally elegant."

"Al'Aeen!"

"Yeah, yeah, focus. I got it!"

"You are injured and you are about to die! Surrender now!" the Raised demands.

"Wolf behind piggy!" the war-form grunts at him just before the leftmost warhog facing Al'Aeen is dragged down and back from his position.

The sudden fall and squeal of their comrade has the two warhogs throwing a quick glance towards him. A capital mistake for the one on the right, as a massive kick connects with his chest, throwing him back a little more than sixteen feet, his chest collapsed in, making breathing an impossible feat.

But Al'Aeen is down again, the pain after using the injured leg to kick at the warhog preventing him from standing again.

"Hurt bad. Come kill?"

The raised considers it, but the wolfish grin on the downed creature doesn't translate into weakness, but more of an insane enjoyment of the situation.

"I think not. I guess today you're in luck. I will let you live," the Raised says, turning to leave, only to be confronted with a dangerous looking row of teeth from an Alpha wolf.

Jena snaps at his face, and the warhog trips over an invisible obstacle, stumbling back a couple of feet before multiple stabs to the back stabilize him upright. The unpleasant feeling he is being held from the inside of his own body and every move he tries is being canceled by a jerk of his entire frame has him freezing in place, the futility of the situation obvious.

"Spine makes good pig handle," the satisfaction in the large creature's voice sends chills through his body, and the Raised retaliates with the only thing he has left – words.

"It's too late anyway. Your entire army and the refugees are trapped or soon to be trapped. They may not know it yet, but they may as well start sending their ashes to the Moons you all worship."

Before Jena has time to finish shifting back to her human form to ask more, the Raised drinks the red content of a vial and a couple of spasms later Al'Aeen throws away the useless corpse.

"Take care of me Alpha, it's nap time." He shifts back to his human form landing face down in the sand, already unconscious, with Jena hurrying to his side.

Noting his vitals slow but steady, more akin to a sleeping person and one in danger, she assesses his leg injury as the only one that needs immediate attention.

Water canteens to clean the wound and a belt to stop the bleeding are easily found on the bodies, and she soon finds herself relaxing for the first time in hours, her hands stroking through his hair, her mate's head in her lap.

The mate that she had accepted, but has yet to accept her.

Damn his broken sense of loyalty!

Broken, because there is no higher loyalty than to one's mate. And a very close second comes the loyalty to one's Alpha.

And isn't she both to him?

How hard can that be to understand?

Her thoughts keep on drifting, but a loud pop has her tensing and even before the smoke clears, a voice gives her the chills of dread:

"Ah! Jena dear! How nice of you to be right where I'm looking for you!"

"What the hell do you want, Sandra?"

"Oh, nothing much. I've come for your mate. He has places to go and people to see."

*A.N.: Thoughts? You can shoot, I got my bullet-proof vest on :P

Also, updates are prewritten to part 58. Counter is reset to 0, so if you want the next part now instead of next Wednesday, comment with 'Give next'. At 7 comments, I'll publish the next part.

Btw, did you vote?