Part 66

***

"Alpha Jena! For a moment there I feared the rumors were fake! So good to see you alive and well!" Alpha Sorin says.

"I'll give the sincerity level a five out of ten, especially after turning tail and bailing out on her," Al'Aeen speaks up for the first time, his cutting tone surprising the three Alphas present.

Who knew he had that in him? Jena thinks.

"Why is the mate here? You don't see me bringing my woman along, do you? And here I thought this was an Alpha meeting!" Sorin reproaches.

"No worries, I didn't bring my woman either," She answers. "And we can address the Alpha part real quick. Al'Aeen, would you like to challenge Sorin here to a duel and take is Alpha Position?"

"Excuse me? Is that a threat?"

"By the looks of you guys, being an Alpha is too much of a bother so no, not interested in the takeover part," the big man answers.

He didn't say no to the fight though.

"All of you calm down, please. We have a war and our packs to consider before any grudges so let's calm down and talk things out," Aaron intervenes, smirking on the inside as he finds himself the arbiter of the meeting.

"I will not stand by and let this giant freak accuse me of running away from a fight! That was a strategic retreat, and an obvious best choice given the situation. I even called out to you, Jena. Several times but you were too busy chasing those warhogs. Their numbers were growing and we were getting pulled away from our pack members. It was an obvious trap. All I did was think of my pack and not deprive it of its Alpha like a silly little girl."

"So just to be clear, you are saying you are a good Alpha, yet you prove to be an unreliable warrior. Perhaps you should not leave the command tent in the future. That way those actually fighting can count on the person next to them to have their backs," Al'Aeen stings at Sorin again.

By the Moons! He is saying everything I'd like to say to Sorin! And... oh my, he is letting me appear the composed, calm one!

"You insolent little shit!"

"You should pick a size and stick with it. You just called me a giant earlier. I'll have to objectively disagree with the little part since I'm obviously towering over you. As for the shit part, I must still have some warhog intestines smeared over me, you know, from the actual fight I was in."

I could just jump him right now!

"While I appreciate the testosterone being thrown around, speaking as a female, the Alpha side of me knows we have things to discuss. So both of you, please calm down," Jena tries to end the argument.

"Right, so what happened after Alpha Sorin's strategic retreat?" Aaron asks.

"I was being overwhelmed by sixteen warhogs before Al'Aeen found me. Together we defeated them and started to come back. The journey was slow at first as we were healing from our injuries, but we speed up as we got better," Jena recalls quickly.

"Sixteen my ass! Maybe six. There is no way you to fought against sixteen warhogs by yourselves and lived to talk about it."

Sorin barely has time to finish his sentence before finding himself hoisted up by the neck, a hand crushing his windpipe as it is holding him up.

"You should be very careful who you call a liar, especially after what Alpha Jena has just been through!" the killing intent in Al'Aeen's voice is palpable to those present.

As Sorin tries to loosen the fingers around his neck, Jena puts her arms around her mate coming at him from the opposite side of Sorin and holds him tightly.

"I'm here, safe and sound. And he knows I am telling the truth. Otherwise, he would just be admitting he ran away from a mere six warhogs. Isn't that right, Alpha Sorin? Blink repeatedly if you agree! See? He does! Could you put him down, please? That's it, thank you!"

Sorin moves quickly to the other side of the tent, massaging his neck and throwing venomous looks at everyone.

"And you, Aaron! You are enjoying this, aren't you? Why didn't you help me?" Sorin asks accusingly.

"He still had one free hand! Plus, you accused an Alpha of lying after her life was just in danger while her mate was present. What did you expect would happen?" Aaron answers, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, you better keep hold of him, or I'm leaving!" Sorin says.

"I will. Now since I've told you what happened on my side, can one of you tell me why the hell are we boxed in inside this canyon? Who's bright idea was it to come here?" Jena asks.

*A.N.: Thoughts? :D Remember to vote!