Part 53

"Can we mind link now, Alpha? Please? Talking in this form is really difficult."

"Yes, of course! You don't have to call me Alpha you know... Jena is fine."

"Considering our complicated personal situation, I find it fitting."

"Not the best time to have this conversation though, is it?"

"True."

"So as an easy solution, as you Alpha, I command you to addresses me as Jena from here on."

The order feels like a punch to the gut to Al'Aeen, an unpleasant, almost unbearable sensation grabbing hold of his body, yet without any actual pain.

"That's a silly order to give, Alp..., Al..., A... Jena." As soon as he obeys the command, everything goes back to normal. "I thought mates weren't supposed to order each other around."

"They can't. Not that it is actually the case since I'm not wearing any mark of yours. That was an Alpha command because technically, we aren't actual mates since you haven't accepted me.

"Well, seems you could just order me to mark you, by the looks of it."

"I would never be that inconsiderate and it is not possible!"

"I would delve into our previous interactions to counter the bit about inconsiderate, you know, both here and on Earth, but like you said, not the best time to do it."

"You seem to be confused and I blame your books for it. For us, the weres of Calla and not some imaginary visions in someone's head, you accept your mate when you mark them, not when they mark you."

"You mean mates offer each other the mark as a sign of acceptance? You literally give your acceptance? But that would mean that you weren't claiming me as yours, rather you were accepting me as your mate, stating you were mine?"

"If you need to put it into words, yes."

"That's rather odd but somehow makes so much more sense. Like giving proof of your acceptance."

"While this is a conversation I would like to continue, my friends all around us seem to have lost their patience."

"Yes. How inconsiderate of them. Maybe I can convince them to go away," he sends to her and looks towards the warhogs, forcing the words out through vocal cords never mean for actual speaking, through guttural sounds and grunts:

"You want death today? Like them?"

He points to the dead bodies around.

"We do not run from fights!" The Raised states proudly.

"Pretend we ran?" Al'Aeen tries again.

"Pretend you surrender, without the pretend part."

"Dumb pig," he states matter-of-factly.

"Watch it! They aren't acting like they usually do! They surprised me and that's how I got myself trapped," Jena sends him just as the warhog signals his friends, all of them rushing forward at once.

"The meat and pickle in this warhog sandwich doesn't like the attention," Al'Aeen says as he grabs the wolf roughly, his only care not to actually puncture it with his claws, throwing her over the enclosing circle before he attempts to jump above the rushing head and tusk collisions, similar to what he remembers a stuntman doing between two cars trying to crush the protagonist between their bumpers.

Since this is not a movie, however, and with no running start, he just falls back on a pile if tusks, fists, and teeth, with the ones not dazed by the impact all trying to get at him.

Jena manages to sever two jugulars in the confusion before she is forced to move back by three warhogs picking themselves up and closing in on her.

*A.N.: Hello and welcome everyone, I hope you liked the update and voted.

As this was a productive day writing-wise, the next 2 parts(3 now, wrote one more) have been uploaded and waiting for your 7x'Give next' comments to be published(7 for each update).

So? Whatcha waitin' fo'?

Update: 3 comments already made, 4 more to go for the next update(otherwise it will be published on Thursday, on schedule)