Part 56

"No, you can't! He is hurt, and we've just started talking and I need more time! More time to show him, to make him understand," desperation almost palpable in Jena's voice.

"Care to wager on that? I'm pretty sure I can do whatever I want."

"There is no way there is no higher power watching even what you do. It may be the Moons we pray to, or maybe something else, but whichever or whatever higher power out there, if you can hear me, don't let this witch take my mate!"

Silence follows her plea and oddly enough the witch doesn't reply immediately.

"Fine. I won't take him."

"Oh, thank the Moons!"

"Don't thank them yet. You've really annoyed me with that little stunt of yours. This is turning into a deal. Between you and me."

"I'm not doing any deal with you! I've learned my lesson. Your deals are dangerous!"

"Well, you're not as dumb as most. But you know the little plea you just made to the universe? Counts as your acceptance of the deal."

"That can't be happening! You can't force me to..."

"So I won't take him. You will. You will take him to Earth. And then you will come back. He will have an undisclosed amount of time to decide if he wants to come back to you."

"No, I'm not taking him anywhere and you can't force me to..." Jena says forcefully trying to get up so she can reach the witch.

"Sit!" Sandra says with a snap of her fingers, and the Alpha finds herself glued to the sand, despite her best effort to get up.

"But I feel so magnanimous, I will give you a choice. I take him now and... well, that's it: I take him now. Or you take the deal. Free choice is overrated, isn't it?"

"Fcuk you!"

"Oh, I wouldn't mind! You are a good looking specimen! And I bet your Alpha stamina would me a nice match for my magical one. Come by my place later and we can talk about it more!"

"You disgust me!"

"Hey! Don't make offers you won't abide by then!"

"You are so insufferable!"

"I know, right?" a huge, shit-eating grin is plastered over the witch's face as she says that.

"Fine! Later I will take him."

"Lovely! Bring him and the kid to my hut and I'll open the portal for the three of you. So, I'm going now. Ta-taa!"

"Wait! Sandra WAIT!"

"What is it now? I'm missing my favorite soap opera, you know!"

"Huh?"

"Hurry up, will you?"

"When? When do I have to bring him?"

"Between, one conflict and the next. You'll know when."

"That's not very specific. It could even be tomorrow!"

"You're right! Twice even! Bye!"

"Wait!"

But as the puff of smoke dissipates almost as soon as it comes into being, so does the witch, leaving Jena to mutter curses at her, with the only positive of being able to freely move once more.

Looking around, she decides that the middle of a warhog body field isn't the best place to rest in.

Using two of the empty water canteens side by side as a makeshift pillow, she extracts herself from her position, with Al'Aeen grunting unhappily at the loss of his comfortable head support.

While he is definitely out of it, Jena can't help feel happy that even unconscious he noticed she isn't there anymore. Or so she hopes, since the hardness of the canteens may just as well be the reason for his reaction.

*A.N.: Hope you are enjoying the story and you voted.
Did everyone miss Sandra?

Counter reset for next update. At 7 comments the next update gets posted.