Part 58

***

Lovely, this is so lovelyyy! Lana thinks as if singing a tune inside her head.

Well, not this actually but since Jena managed to find the warhogs' temporary camp... well, not actually their camp. More like where they dropped their backpacks for better mobility during the attack.

The wooden frames from those backpacks and their leather garments make for a decent stretcher. I just wish they had something like a wheeled cart.

That would be a lot easier and a lot faster. Though going slower has its perks. We get to spend more time with our half-naked mate over there.

Stopping to sniff the air, but unhappy with the result, she shifts from human to wolf, checking their direction with her nose, then back to human again.

So I believe we should let our body rest as well. We may be taking shifts at who is in control of our body, and we may be an Alpha, but the body still needs rest.

At least that's what I'll tell Jena in the morning.

By the Moons, that stretcher looks comfy! Especially since I would have to share it with him. And Jena did agree we should keep him warm so I don't see the harm in it.

Hi-hi! Our first night together. Not what I would imagine as the first night with one's mate but at this point, I'll take what I can get.

She moves closer to the stretcher and squats down, partially removing the makeshift garment blanket, only held together by leather sinew.

Hot damn! I can't ever get enough of looking at that view! Too bad Jena insisted on those pants but thank the Moons he was too large for the warhog jackets!

With the blanket removed and the cold night air breezing through, Al'Aeen gives a slight shiver in his sleep.

Poor man must be cold! So basic survival skills say skin on skin is better for heat transfer. Which means no top for me and Jena. Only fair since he doesn't have one either, right?

Let's keep the baggy pants since I don't want Jena to banish me in the dark recesses of her mind forever.

Wow, he smells so good! Like my own personal moment of bliss, tucked away safely in a shelter within the evergreen forest, sitting by the fireplace during a storm, snacking on nuts roasted on the open fire.

Laying on top of him, their bodies in contact with the tingling sensation sending chills through her skin, she rests on one elbow, trailing a finger over his chest and down to his side.

If I were a cat type, I think I'd be purring right now. I better commit this to memory so I can share it with Jena tomorrow.

She is going to kill me! Lana thinks with a smile.

Hey there, wow! Stop it, big guy! Oouff! I guess that side was ticklish then.

Al'Aeen has turned to one side, bringing one leg and one arm over his still unaccepted mate, effectively trapping her under him.

She tries to wiggle out of it with little success, only provoking his arm to further hook around her, pulling her to his chest and burying his nose in her hair before finally relaxing.

By the Moons, just how heavy are you? They may be just one leg and the arm, but there is no way I can get out of this, yet as she thinks it, she is smiling.

Not that I'd want to. And Jena won't be able to either.

Damn this feels good.

Allowing the body to finally rest, Lana moves back, keeping only her senses active for any incoming dangers.

*A.N.: And we have finally finished with the pre-written parts! Thanks to some of the eager readers out here and some good writing flow on my side, this week has seen 6 updates instead of 3 and I hope you enjoyed it.

Hope you enjoyed it and have voted it :D