Part 73

***

"So Al, what's this all about?" Vi asks once the two of them are alone and far enough from the camp.

"What has Jena told you?"

"Nothing other than I need to come here and you will explain."

"Really?"

"Actually she ordered me to do whatever you tell me to."

"Really now?" Al'Aeen says with a devilish smirk, rubbing his hands together.

"This better not be some bad joke you two are trying to play on me."

"Would your Alpha do that to you?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure, I don't know her that well. Conall trusts her so I don't think so. On the other hand, who knows what you said to convince her to give such an Alpha command. She could have just asked, you know. No need to command me."

"But an Alpha command is absolute, is it not?"

"Yes, it is. Unless I want to make myself a self-exiled rogue."

"Good. Strip!"

"Really now?" Vi asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes."

"Are you serious?"

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

"Conall is going to have your balls for this."

"Fine. If you want to shred your clothes. Shift!"

"You are such an asshole! You couldn't have started with that?"

"I could have. But the look on your face was too precious."

"It's not my fault you have a perfectly good, gorgeous mate wanting your oversized ass, but you prefer leading her on, frustrating the both of you in the process. Who knows what goes through your dirty little mind!?"

"Vi, I had both you and Meiarr throwing yourselves at me for quite some time, and I didn't act on it. And now that you are happily married..."

"Married?"

"I mean mated, and I also have a mate, you think I would go for that? Hurting three people I care about while I'm at it? You and Conall are like family to me!"

"Wow, that so sweet! So I'm the sister and Conall is like a brother? Or a brother in law?"

"More like a third father or something. So you see, I wouldn't ever want to hurt my sister, who is happily mated to my father and..."

"AL'AEEN! Don't be gross!" but they are both smiling as she rebukes him.

"All jokes aside, do you trust me?"

"I'm not sure how I should answer that."

"Come on now. I mean it. Do you trust me?"

"Yes. After how many times you saved my life in combat, and what we've been through..."

"And you have watched my back and saved my skin a few times as well, don't forget that."

"True. So yes, I do. Totally."

"Good. Couple that trust with the Alpha's command and listen to me."

"OK. You are beginning to worry me."

"You know what this is?" Al'Aeen asks, snapping his fingers.

"A finger snap?"

"Good. Seems there is no misunderstanding there. Every time I snap my fingers, you shift. If you are in human form like now, you shift to wolf and if you are a wolf shift to your human. Let me make this clear, everything I'm telling you from now on falls under your Alpha's command, starting with the finger-snapping rule," he finishes with a finger snap.

Luckily, Vi was already out of her clothes, neatly folded and placed on a rock nearby, so no harm befell any fabrics.

"I'm about to introduce you to a secret technique, a secret way of fighting where I'm from,"

Finger snap – human Vi.

"But for this, your body needs to be prepared. To be ready."

"So how long..."

Finger snap – wolf Vi.

"Starting today, every morning you will come here. We'll be taking a break at noon for lunch and a quick nap, then continue on till sunset."

Finger snap – human Vi.

"While I'm training you, and for the purpose of this exercise, you will call me Sensei, and as per your Alpha's command, everything I say is law. As if I am your Alpha while you are training."

"But Al'Aeen..."

Finger snap – wolf Vi.

"Like I said, call me Sensei and nothing else. I only want your trust and obedience."

Finger snap – human Vi.

"Sensei, what is the point of all this shifting? Shifting is not meant to be done like this, you know!"

Finger snap – wolf Vi.

"I realize it is not how you've been trained, but this has been taught this way for generations, combining wisdom from a lot of different people across time. It is the fastest way."

Finger snap – human Vi.

"Also, you are not allowed to tell anyone about this."

"Surely I can..."

Finger snap – wolf Vi.

"Not even your mate. Especially your mate."