Part 30

"Well that went to shit fast, didn't it?"

"Yes. But we won't always be here for them."

"How do we prevent Sandra from interfering in their lives Conall?"

"You wanted to jump in and rip her throat out too?"

"They, us, all of us, including Sandra, are connected. They need to stop seeking Sandra out and making deals with her."

"And when will they be mature enough to stand on their own Blackie?"

"When they accept who they are, embrace who they are."

"Well, Jena is already there."

"You think? Either way, they need to vibrate on the same wavelength, to click together and be as one."

"Maybe this here, today, was enough?"

"Wishful thinking. Can't say I'm not doing the same."

"I wanted to go into that fight so badly, to help and..."

"You just wanted to fight. You were always so much of a fighter."

"I always thought your mate would be a fighter, someone to give you a hard time on the sparring circle. And you got someone like Vi! Such a delicate flower."

"Believe me, her teeth and claws are as sharp as yours. She has actual combat experience although she is younger than most of my graduates from the warrior training program and she is very quick to learn. Like she's been forced to keep up all her life and adapted by learning quickly."

"Well, I'm happy for you buddy! Now all you need is a kid of your own. Or ten."

"I'm in no hurry. I mean I want kids as soon as possible, but I'll let her decide. Moon's sake, she's so young I sometimes feel guilty when I kiss her."

"I'm guessing you haven't dived into the folds of bliss yet."

"That's none of your damn business, asshole!" Conall exclaims and punches Umani's shoulder.

"Fine, fine! I never knew you could get that amount of blood in your cheek, your blush is like a tomato."

"You realize I'm getting you back for this, right? Your turn will come."

"Forgive me if I don't hold my breath. Anyway, what do we do about him and the kid? We can't just leave them there."

"Help is coming. I'm sure Jena sent people this way. We stay and watch until they are found, protect them if need be."

"OK, but should we leave them alone there? I mean E is in the middle of a fcuking carnage and her father just collapsed. Things like this can scar a child for life. Maybe we should go there?"

"I always thought that child is a little weird. Sometimes I catch her looking at me and I swear I feel the hairs on the back of my neck rising up."

"Oh my! The mighty Conall is getting the chills from a little girl looking at him. Who would have thought?"

"You are worried she'll get scared? Take a closer look at her!"

"Did she just wave at me? There is no way she could know we are here!"

"Blackie, she didn't just wave, she actually grinned at you."

"So she just witnessed her father turn into a... sorry I don't have a name for that yet, saw him kill 10 warhogs by himself," Umani says making a list.

"Don't forget the wolf."

"Right, the wolf too. And honestly, the last 4 kills, those didn't look like self-defense. He or it or whatever that was seemed to enjoy killing them."

"Well, they did kidnap his daughter and threatened to kill her. Pretty sure I would have done the same."

"And now, her father collapsed. For all she knows, he might be dead."

"Dude, you know she isn't even two years old. She has no notion of death. For her, all of them are probably sleeping."

"Words like 'are you dead yet' come to mind. Now that is downright creepy. And she smiled and waved at me! We are downwind she can't smell us, we are barely visible with all this sand around, and too far away for our voice to carry over there."

"Ah, looks like help is arriving. Should we go back to camp?"

"I'd feel better if we supervise the group from afar all the way back. You know, run interference in case more warhogs show up."

"That's fine. I can't wait to have a chat with our sleeping friend over there."

A.N.: Hey! You guys are so fast with the comments that I don't have another prewritten part. I'll edit and add a comment if I manage to get one from next week.

Remember to vote and maybe comment? You comments sometimes spark an entire update - you are that strong!