Part 86

***

"No, I'm not yielding! I'll never submit to a woman!" Sorin yells, bouncing into a sitting position, with Hannah and another aide running to his side to restrict his movements.

"Calm down, Alpha Sorin! You are in the healer's tent. The fight has been over for a couple of hours.

"Then why am I here? I'm an Alpha! I should have healed a long time ago."

"Because you are an Alpha, you have regained consciousness so soon. You had a punctured lung. We had to make use it did not fill up with liquid until you healed. I recommend taking it easy for the rest of the day."

"Alpha Sorin, it is good to see you are well!" Al'Aeen says as he enters the tent with Jena and Aaron in tow.

"Is the healer's tent turning into the new command tent, or what? And don't tell me you all wanted to see how I was doing because you were worried! I'm not stupid!"

"You may not be the most likable person, Sorin, but this is a bad time for a change in leadership in the Southern Star pack. Your wellbeing is convenient to our situation," Jena answers him.

"I see your Diplomat training hasn't been a waste of time, Alpha Jena," Sorin shocks his audience with an actual compliment.

"Healer Hannah, can you and your aides give us the tent for a while? Because I assume you would like Alpha Sorin to remain here for a while longer," Aaron addresses the healer.

"That will be fine. Yell if you need me or when you are done. I will be nearby," Hannah says, leaving the tent.

"So, back to the pressing matter of our situation and the agreement you had with my mate," Jena says and Al'Aeen holds back from denying it this time, though he still can't agree with the whole predetermined mate thing.

"I never yielded to her! I never surrendered to that girl! What is there to be said?"

"That is true. There was never a submission from the Alpha of the Southern Star pack to an unranked member of Multi-Unity," Al'Aeen adds, speaking clearly.

"Exactly!" Sorin says triumphantly.

"However, the rules where and I quote 'the fight is over when one of the fighters yields to the other or leaves the circle by any means' and you, Alpha Sorin, left the circle when my pupil, with her claws piercing your lung, carried you outside the circle and put you down for medical attention, while both her feet were still inside. You did not yield, but you did lose the fight according to the rules you agreed upon."

"That's a technicality! Hmm! One that you planned for while I thought you were giving your pupil a chance to lose without too many injuries. Of course, you knew that would happen with that monster transformation!"

"The proper name for it is war-form. And it is meant for one thing: fighting warhogs!"

"Maybe. And how is one war-form going to change things? Change an entire war? So what, you've had your team able to turn into this things, but why didn't they use them in combat before? Were you afraid I'd find out about it? That war-form gives an unfair advantage to its user! To think a mere girl could stand up to me! If your mate could learn that, it would change the balance of power between our packs forever! Forget the warhogs! You just drove our world into an internal, never-ending war until one Alpha rules everything!"

"Wow! Frustrated much? I'm betting you wouldn't mind if you were the one with the sole knowledge of the war-form. But there is no need to lose sleep over it, Alpha Sorin. I have a solution for your worries, focused, however, on the present because no, we can't afford to forget about the warhogs."

"Oh? And what might that be?"

"We're going to teach it to everyone."