Part 10

*A.N.: I know the updates are late and fewer than before. I'm currently moving from one house to another and it is a wonder I get any time to sit in front of a PC at all. Things should get better in a couple of weeks.

"What are you doing?" Alastair asks Joel.

"What his mate asked him to. And I'm asking you to stay with me,' Sandheeya replies instead.

"I'll be back in a few minutes, just need to have a chat with someone."

"I'll be someone, have a chat with me."

"No, not you, Eya. That big oaf that thinks he can just come in here and take our girl away like it's nothing."

"Are you saying you'd rather talk to him than me?"

"Come on, you know what I mean!"

"You mean Joel is a better mate than you are because he actually listened to what Hannah told him to do?"

"What's that supposed to mean? You know I listen to you."

"Except now?"

"Hey! I'm still here, aren't I? I'm listening."

"Oh my! I haven't even realized! Yes, you are, aren't you? You big loveable lug! Such a wonderful mate. You want to go back to our place?"

"You mean now?"

"Mhm."

"Let's go!" he says with enthusiasm, picking her up and leaving the office."

"What the hell was that?" Emre asks as his eyes follow the couple to the door.

"That, young wolf, was a woman manipulating her mate and helping her Alpha while doing it, by giving the Beta more of what he already has anyway - love. She could have been a great Diplomat if she wasn't on Jena's short list to become a Gamma already," the Elder Diplomat Amisha clarifies for the guest wolf.

"Yeah, maybe, but not what I meant. How come the big guy gets to have a mate before I do? He's already back home, where ever that is and has a mate!"

"Such jealousy, Emremil! That was a pseudo-mate and the child argument is invalid coming from you, a Shifting Sands pack member, where child bearing is very encouraged before finding your mate, in order to strengthen the pack."

"Yeah but he isn't from Shifting Sands and neither is she. Shouldn't she care about that?"

"Mister Emre, the way you talk about our ALPHA implies a close friendly connection that isn't actually there. I would suggest a bit more respect, lest you find yourself challenged to duels by an entire pack," Conall adds, holding Emremil's eyes in a staring contest that the younger wolf quickly abandons.

"I'm sorry. I guess my own wish for a mate got the better of me," Emre apologizes.

"That's all fine and dandy, but shouldn't one of us go after Al'Aeen?" Seisyll asks.

"I'll go," Meiarr offers.

"No," both Rin and Ron say in unison.

"I think I should be the one going," Vi says quietly and Conall nods, with his mate leaving the room soon after.

"So why was it ok for her to go and not me?"

"Are you really"

"asking that, Meiarr?"

"Do you actually want"

"your head on a stick once"

"the Alpha finds you are alone with"

"her mate somewhere?" Rin and Ron do one of their twin speeches, finishing each other's sentences.

"So? Won't Vi be alone with him as well?"

"Vi is mated," Conall says simply.

"And Al'Aeen sees her like a sister," Umani continues.

"I believe this is a perfect time for us to conclude this meeting. You will all be informed about the joining ceremony. A wolf will drop by with scrolls about the oath we use here and anything else you might need to know. Have a nice day!" Elder Amisha concludes the meeting, dismissing everyone.

*A.N.: In happier news, as book 1 is being prepared for publishing, it has received a new cover for Wattpad. See it on the book thumbnail and vote it if you like it.

Oh, here it is as well:

If you are enjoying this series, I would really appreciate it if you could go back and vote for the parts you missed because you were reading so fast :D

Feel free to start with book 1 :P