Part 83

The fight has officially started and for now both combatants keep to their human form.

Still, they are circling each other, a thing that comes naturally to wolves when looking for an opening.

"Vi, let him make the first move," Al'Aeen yells at her.

So she does just that until Sorin goes for a first punch which she blocks, but it still staggers her backward and to one side with the power behind it.

"And now you know how much stronger he is. Dodging sounds like a better idea, doesn't it?" Al'Aeen adds.

Sorin throws a high round kick to the head and she just ducks under it, punching the leg as it goes by, making Sorin wince just a little.

A few more punches and a couple of kicks find Vi always dodging and counterattacking.

"Nice job on the dodge-counter combos, Vi!"

"Al'Aeen, could you shut up? Are you fighting or is she?" Sorin asks him annoyed.

"I'm sorry, Alpha Sorin! Would you like someone more experience to give you some hints as well?"

"OK, fair point. But she's not doing much like this. I won't even bruise much from those counters. I do however appreciate her newfound agility. She will be able to stay alive to get help when fighting warhogs, but that doesn't really help us win against them, does it?"

"Maybe she's trying to bore you into giving up?" Al'Aeen taunts and Sorin goes for a couple of fast punches.

Vi doesn't get the chance to counter, but she dodges every one, showing an ability to keep up with the Alpha's speed without having an actual role in the pack.

Having reached Al'Aeen's side, Jena nudges his shoulder.

"Hey!"

"What do you think?"

"Is this all? I mean I have no idea how she's holding up with his speed..."

"She's more in tune with her wolf than ever before. I think."

"You think? You're not sure?"

'Should I remind you this is the first time I do this? By the way, keep this being an experimental training to yourself.'

'Why, are you planning something?'

'I kind of have to, don't I? Can't have you look bad in front of the other Alphas, can I?'

"Heads up, Conall just got here."

"Oh, shit! Can you help me?"

"Your plan, your student, your mess to deal with."

"You're mean!"

"Hey! You're the one who said I should trust you. You can handle a pissed off Master at Arms, can't you? Go on, I trust you!" Jena says with a smirk.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!" Conall roars and the crowd parts before me as he heads towards Sorin.

Both combatants stop for a moment.

"Al'Aeen!" Sorin yells.

Conall gets tackled to the ground by the larger man, holding him in place despite the struggle, and the hits Al'Aeen receives.

"I got him! Vi focus!" he yells just as she lands one good punch to Sorin's face, bloodying his nose.

"Oh, you're going to pay for that!" Sorin promises, focusing on the girl again.

"Al'Aeen, if my mate gets hurt, I will skin you alive!" Conall promises in turn.

"If your mate gets hurt, you'll be by her side to nurse her back to health. The match is non-lethal and you, the mighty trainer of wolves, need to trust and give her more space to prove herself!"

"Against an Alpha? Are you insane? I doubt even you could take him down!"

"Maybe she's better than I am?"

"I hope that training of yours wasn't an actual sham like I suspect, or like I said, I'll have your skin and Sorin's neck if she gets hurt!"

"Stop being a grumpy old man and just watch!"

"Fine, let go of me!"

"Nope. Vi, he's gone wolf, so use the quick shifts and keep pestering him!"

Sorin is in his wolf form. A much larger, faster and stronger wolf than Vi's. And he is on the offensive, going for a jump directly towards Vi's shoulder, still in human form.

But she shifts to wolf in the blink of an eye and runs to the other side of the of the circle, with Sorin quick on her tail.

As she approaches the large middle boulder, she shifts into human form, climbing on partially and uses the height to push off and backflip over the chasing wolf, punching him in the rump, before landing once more in wolf form.