Part 84

The punch is more humiliating than painful, as an Alpha being hit by a non-ranked wolf is almost unheard of.

"OK, I admit those quick shifts could have use in training warriors. I could easily incorporate that into actual combat moves," Conall admits. "But it's not enough to take Sorin down, and the same trick won't work twice."

Vi is lacking Conall's experience however and she tries it anyway. The second boulder is however not as large as the first while her opponent is now ready for her move and simply jumps up, shoving his snout with force in her stomach, throwing her in a different direction than she had planned to land.

The pain of the hit has her disoriented and spitting blood, forgetting to shift back to wolf and landing on her side with a loud thud.

Before she can pull herself together, Sorin is there and having shifted back to human, grabs one of her legs and starts dragging her back to the central boulder, which he climbs, dangling her over the side in mid-air.

"I have to admit this was more interesting than I expected, but it is far from being a game changer when fighting the warhogs. I'm sorry Al'Aeen, but your training seems to have been a waste of time."

"And yet, the girl kept up with you, an Alpha, after just one week of training. And that rapid shifting could certainly be used even better by a more experienced wolf," Aaron says for the first time.

"While that may be true, her attacks lacked power, and the deal was she would have to make me submit or leave the circle in order to win. So I think it is obvious that I win and a weak wolf will remain a weak wolf no matter the training!" Sorin boasts, happy with his victory.

"VI! Time for the war-form!" Al'Aeen shouts seeing how she is back to being focused and obviously pissed off at the Alpha's words and her upside down position.

Sorin can feel the sudden weight increase of his victim, as well as fur growing under his hand and smiles, thinking the girl at least has spirit, trying to surprise him one more time with her quick wolf shift.

Before he can react, however, his ankles get punctured.

Did she just grab and OWW! Mother fcuker! She bit my ankles! Both of them at the same time? How can she grab anything in wolf form and how can she bite me on both...

The combination of pain and weight makes Sorin let go as they both fall down and roll apart.

He realizes his wounds are both too large and too far apart to be made by teeth and looks up, only to find a two-legged monster in front of him. Slightly taller than he is, though the girl was definitely shorter, with hands and finger ending in long sharp nails, as his ankles just found out.

For a moment he checks to see that Al'Aeen is still in the same position and hasn't somehow switched places, because who knows what other tricks that monster has up his sleeves.

A loud growl forces his attention back to what should by the little girl from before, nothing little about her anymore, however.

Fine. If it looks like a human, kind of, it must have the same weaknesses.

He switches to his wolf and starts circling, looking for an opening.

Vi, remembering he first encounter with Al'Aeen's war-form, leaves an intentional opening behind her.

The wolf jumps at the chance, but she simply moves out of the way, twisting and turning, and Sorin finds 5 more puncture wounds in his outer thigh, partially impairing his movement.

He gets up, circling again, albeit slightly slower.