Part 74

Finger snap – human Vi.

"That's ten. Sit! Cross your legs or have them under you, whatever feels more comfortable, but pick one and stick with it. Hands on your knees, palms facing up. Good. Connect the tip of your thumbs to the tip of your middle fingers. Don't force it. Do it the way it feels easiest. That's good. Breathe in. Hold it while you connect in order forefinger to thumb, back to middle finger and thumb. Now ring finger and thumb. Middle and thumb. Little finger and thumb. No need to hurry. No back the other way to the start. Now breath out and hold it. Again through all the finger motions, same order... good. Breath in and... exactly, the finger movement. Keep doing that until I snap my fingers."

Just as she was getting used to the breathing cycle - finger snap – wolf Vi.

"Vi, while you keep shifting, please let your wolf forward, I want to talk to her."

Finger snap – human Vi.

"I am here Al'Aeen."

"Eline, wasn't it?"

Finger snap – wolf Vi.

The wolf nods at him.

"This method that I'm teaching cannot be done one-sidedly."

Finger snap – human Vi.

"So your complete cooperation is not only wanted but needed for it to work."

"I understand."

Finger snap – wolf Vi.

"You must reinforce everything Vi does, help her focus, help her recover faster, push her beyond her limits."

Finger snap – human Vi.

As you have said you trust me, you must believe there is a method to this madness, even if sometimes it will not seem so.

Finger snap – wolf Vi.

"I know this must already feel very hard. I remember when I first starting doing it."

Finger snap – human Vi.

"And I know every shift becomes harder to do and takes longer."

Finger snap – wolf Vi.

"But as you get used to it, we will increase the number of shifts between breaks, making it twenty, then forty and so on."

Finger snap – human Vi.

"Take the resting pose and do the breathing exercise and the finger movements. Good. I only regret we have so little time to do this. But luckily you are young and can definitely do it. It has been done before, many times and it will work on any kind of were."

Finger snap – wolf Vi.

"I think by the time you finish with the next two sets we can break for lunch."

Finger snap – human Vi.

This continues until said lunchtime.

"By the Moons, I feel like even holding the resting pose is difficult! My muscles are killing me! Al'Aeen, please tell me we are done, I don't think I can move anymore!"

"Here, wear this," he says picking what he would call a sports bra and shorts and handing them over.

"These are suspiciously fitting to my exact size. Plus I don't see the purpose. I can't shift with them on, at least not without tearing them up. And if it's that modesty thing of yours, you've seen me naked how many times today?"

"Just put them on. I'd rather not have my hands all over you while you're naked."

"Excuse me? Is this another joke?"

"No. Your muscles are tense which is understandable, and while your mate can take care of you tonight, you have another half day to go on. So you better put those on and lie down because I'm going to massage you all over."

"Yes, Sensei. I can't help but wonder at your choice of words though."

"I'll take my fun where I can get it, right? Even if it is just some friendly banter."

Vi does as told and lies down.

"Right, then. Come and make my body melt, oh you big, wise and powerful Sensei!"

"Forgot who I was dealing with. Me and my big mouth!"

"Wow, that actually feels really good!"

"You can do the breathing exercise from earlier."

"What about the pose and the finger work?"

"Imagine them. Go through the motions in your mind."

"OK."

***

"Vi?"

"Mmm..."

"Vi, wake up?"

"Noo, let me sleep."

"Come on, open your eyes."

"What happened?"

"You fell asleep. Not necessarily a bad thing. But you need to focus!"

"What time is it?"

"Time to resume your training."

"By the Moons, I thought that was a nightmare!"

"Look at me! Good. Look at my hand!"

Finger snap – wolf Vi.

"Good girl! Only half a day left to go."