Part 49

"Raised! Notice the two at the head charging for us are at least Betas by their speed.

So we will allow them to approach while we run.

You will let a few warhogs 'struggle' to keep up so they can be caught.

Have them fight the two wolves one on one so the wolves have a false sense of security.

Remember, all of the fightings must be done while running, even if the warhog loses his life because of it.

Once engaged form a reverse V with the fights taking place in the middle and have everyone in the V, the ones not fighting slow down bit by bit until the wolves are in the middle and then you converge the sides into each other and isolate the foolish leaders from their group but keep going until we can move the leaders in a different direction than their comrades.

With this done, once the leaders are secured or dead, we disengage and run away," Signis finishes his instructions.

"That is a waste of warhog lives!"

"It is obvious the Master thinks wolf leaders are worth it. Oh, one more thing. Once the main assault stops and engages the enemy group, you are ordered to conserve your lives. You are never to fight alone, with all warhogs working in groups of at least three, covering each other's backs. We've learned they like to isolate and overwhelm us with numbers so let's avoid that."

"I thought I was in charge of the fighting."

"The order is to conserve your lives when you engage their group. If you have a better idea of how to do it, feel free."

"No, I do not, but..."

"I'm sure you will take the best decision. Now start giving your orders down the chain of command, I'll be observing everything from the side."

"Hiding like a coward from the fight again?"

"Oh, have no doubt about it! I am a survivor, and if that means I need to cower away from some fights, I will gladly do so. Off you go!"

***

"Come on, Jena! What's with the snail pace? We almost have them!"

"Even if you take the first one we reach, I'll kill two by the time you are done with him!"

"We'll see! This one is mine!" Sorin mind links, jumping and barreling into the first warhog, one unlucky enough to be slower than the rest.

As they both tumble down, the wolf receives a decent punch to his shoulder, sending him away from the warhog, as the latter starts running again towards his group trying to catch up.

At the same time, ahead of them both, Jena jumps for her own warhog target, heading straight for a leg bite, clamping down and holding on for the inevitable takedown of the enemy.

"Seems yours is getting away, while my teeth are inside mine. Need some help?"Jena mocks the Alpha wolf.

A couple of lucky bites later, her warhog is dead and she starts running again at full speed.

With three warhogs dead by Sorin's jaws and two by Jena's attacks, their support group is nowhere to be found.

"Don't you find it odd that they didn't converge on us even once?"

"They fight honorably, probably didn't want to."

"What the heck is honorable about constantly running from your attacker? All of them fought on the run!"

"Yeah, we are the ones chasing them, remember?"

"And yet, can you see the rest of the enemy?"

"Yeah, right in front of me."

"That's only a few of them. I think we should turn back."

"You just want me to lose to you. I'm not turning back till I kill more of them than you have!"

"Don't be stupid, Jena! I'm turning back and you will be alone. Jena! JENA! Stupid woman is ignoring me now. Fine! Have at it!"