Part 50

Very happy she caught up to the next warhog, she engages him, putting all of her focus into the fight. Thus, she ensures her other worries, like the war, the fate of her pack and that of her allies, her impossible to understand mate are all blurred out, at least for those adrenaline-filled moments of fighting.

But being so engulfed in combat, she also fails to notice that not only is Sorin gone, but also that she is, for once, fighting a warhog that isn’t running.

And it isn’t running because he is meant to keep her there and busy, as the entire group they were chasing has stopped and is now trotting back, slowly encircling her.

With the warhog finally dead, she looks around looking for the next target.

Shit! When did they all stop? Did I just run into their midst? Sixteen warhogs. How on Calla am I supposed to fight them all and live to tell about it?

Shifting to human form, she addresses the group.

“Is it too much to hope for a Raised among you? Understanding each other would be nice.”

“You just killed some of my comrades, and you expect a civilized talk to take place? Perhaps you wish to negotiate your surrender? Or are you foolish enough to think you can talk your way out of this?”

“Hardly. I just know your people and their honorable ways. All I wish is a fair fight. I’m offering you all the best way to get to your Promised Lands in a fight with an enemy Alpha.”

“You seem to know us pretty well, yet we don’t know much about you. Would it be too much to ask for your name?”

“Not at all. Jena Abbyline Rork is my name.”

“Rork? Sounds familiar. Any relation to Magnus Rork?”

“You know of my father?”

“I knew him personally. I was there when he died. A magnificent fighter! Too bad that idiot killed him like that.”

“You were there when he died? You basically killed him!”

“Just following my orders, Alpha Jena. And technically I did not get a chance. I watched him fight though. And if you are following in his footsteps, well, beyond the surprise of you being a woman, easily forgettable when I recall your killing of my friends, I will assume you resemble him in skill.”

“So we have an understanding then. A fight to the death? Which one of you will be first?”

“Unfortunately we do not. While I may be willing to let my fellow warhogs have a go at you, I can’t allow myself to disappoint the Master. My orders are to capture you this time. But feel free to resist, we would actually prefer it since everyone here wishes for a swing at you, though they’ve all been instructed to avoid killing blows. So would you please not come willingly?”

“Never intended to in the first place.”

“Great!”

The Raised drops to all fours for one of their most powerful charges.

Before he can reach her, Jena is shifted back to her wolf, taking two running steps towards him, before using his back as a springboard and she changes direction abruptly to one side, narrowly avoiding his tusks as he swings his head up at her.

The scratches she leaves on his back are not deep enough to pose any danger, but the next warhog she lands on has his neck dug into, carotid artery sporting several punctures from wolf teeth.

The surprise, however, comes from the victim’s reaction, who hugs her. A hug that isn’t friendly, but restrictive, holding her in place.

She struggles to get free, and it seems the constriction is lessening, all the blood coming out of his neck definitely not helping the warhog.

A blow to her sides forces her to wince in pain, while the next one to her snout has her seeing dots, stars, and various little green spots.

Two more blows to different parts of the body are felt in full force, before one punch strikes the side of her head, causing the world to blur out.

The warhog lets go, succumbing to his wound, but it’s not enough for Jena to recover, with a few more hits following up the assault on her rump and belly.

Something hard and heavy lands on top of her, another enemy most likely. 

She snaps at him, trying to bite whatever is in reach.

A horrendous blow to the back of the head turns her world into one of darkness, her hearing the only thing still working. 

Though the world seems to be slipping away, she can hear a deafening roar, the removal of the weight on her back being the last sensation before finally losing her grasp on consciousness.

*A.N.: Vote it if you liked it!
How did you guys find the fight? Could you imagine it? Did it flow smoothly?
I swear fight scenes kill me! :)