Part 12

"Al? Are you OK?"

"You know I hate that twist of my name, why do you insist on doing it, Vi?"

"Usually to piss you off, but right now I needed a conversation starter."

"I don't feel like having one."

"About your having a mate, or about her announcing it publicly?"

"I mean why the hell did she have to do that? Why? I thought... because you know we had a pretty good talk and I thought we understood each other!"

"So was she lying?"

"What do you mean lying?"

"Is she your mate or not? You never confirmed it."

"You mean besides the fact that I can't seem to get rid of this mark on my forearm while any other injury disappears miraculously like I have superhuman healing powers?"

"Huh? You heal as fast or as slow as the rest of us..."

"Exactly!"

"You aren't making sense. Anyway, is she still your mate or did you reject her?"

"I may not be a proper werewolf, but even I'm not that stupid."

"So you accepted her then."

"Not exactly?"

"I don't like the sound of that. What did you do?"

"Like I said we had a nice talk, or what I thought was a nice talk..."

"Go on,"

"And I proposed us being warmates."

"Say what?"

"You know, like friends with a common enemy?"

"So you just put her in the friend zone?"

"With a common... enemy?"

"..."

"What? Is it something I said? She was OK with it, just so you know."

"Three words describe you perfectly. Idiot. Dickless. Asshole."

"Really, Vi?"

"I assume you want the explanation for each?"

"I doubt it would help."

"I'll just use synonyms for you then. Clueless. Emotionally impotent. Insensitive prick."

"That actually sounds worse. And since when are you such an expert on soulmates?"

"Since I got one and I know exactly what she must be feeling."

"Weren't you supposed to be on my side? Cheer me up?"

"Oh, you poor baby you! You got a gorgeous Alpha female as a soulmate, and she had the audacity to tell everyone you are her mate."

"Exactly!"

"Why? Did you ask her to keep it a secret?"

"Well, no, but I assumed..."

"I assumed you are a smart guy as well. In case you missed it, she just did you a big favor, as the women here in Multi Unity will now leave you alone. She also did you another favor by letting everyone know why you two will be acting odd around each other."

"How is that not embarrassing?"

"Because everyone will ignore it."

"The customs in this world are so strange."

"It's the world you live in. You'd better learn to adapt."

"I'm not sure what's gotten into you but I feel like I'm taking with a combination between Uma, Conall, and Umani."

"Why? Did they also tell you to pull your head out of your ass?"

"Kind of."

"When the entire world tells you your drunk, go sleep it off."

"Right. Are we done?"

"I don't know. Did anything I said go through your thick skull?"

"I can't really believe I'm getting scolded by someone half my age and one-third of my size."

Vi looks up at him tapping her foot.

"Fine! I'm an insensitive idiot with my head up my ass. Happy?"

"At least you got some of it right."

"In other news, did you and Conall do the deed?"

"What the hell, Al'Aeen? Like I'd tell you!"

"What do you mean?" I'm like your brother!"

"Precisely!"

"I just want to know if I have a good reason to pick a fight with him."

"You want you ass handed to you again?"

"He told you about that? There's no more honor amongst men!"

"He is my soulmate. Of course he did. You really do need to train with him. There is only so much you can learn from Umani and the others. You need to refine your own style, and for that, you need exposure to more fighting styles."

"You sound awfully knowledgeable all of the sudden."

"Sure am! My mate is the best fighter and the best trainer in Eastern Calla!"

"Don't let Meiarr or Emremil hear you. But honestly Vi, you've gone soft and all goo-goo eyes after Conall. It's like you're his puppy or something."

A growl and a body throw later and Vi is looking down at her 'brother' as he tries to figure out why he is suddenly facing the sky in a horizontal position.

"A quote from the best trainer in Eastern Calla: 'Love, let me show you how to throw down a much larger opponent, because size ain't really that important if you know what you're doing,' and it took me only 15 minutes to learn that move. I look forward to our future sparring sessions. Have a nice day, bro'!"

*A.N.: Thanks for the support guys and girls! Really appreciate it!