Part 128(12)

"And if we can't, simply gradually ease him into it without him realizing. How are we going to decide what role... how do you feel about this?"

"I have no doubt I could be an Alpha. However, I don't actively seek anything but being by your side. He and I are one now, but I wouldn't be able to take a submissive role to you. Equality goes both ways. Why not aim for an eventual co-leadership of the pack? I find it unlikely we would ever disagree on something. You already have two Betas, three Gammas and so on. It's not like you're strict on tradition. Why not have two Alphas?"

"And we could share between us what should have been the duties of a Luna. Or even spread then down the chain of command since we will have two Beta Females and so on."

"Exactly!"

"And if we can't agree on something?"

"Spar for it? And give Conall a veto on the outcome of the sparring?"

"Sounds like everything is covered. You said eventually we should have two Alphas. What about now?"

"Well, Conall is outside the ranking system. He has your ear. Only answers to you. How about no role for me and Alain and an equivalent status? We only answer to you."

"And you're ok with that?"

"His nature makes me less competitive than I know I would normally be."

"That could be a problem..."

"Not in the way you think. I... we will have no problem fighting or sparring with anyone wanting to challenge us. Even you."

Lana raises an eyebrow.

"Come now! You can't say you don't want to test me, see what I can do? See if I'm worthy of you?"

"Maybe!"

"As Alain is no longer Al'Aeen, his bear form is gone. I am a wolf now. My body remembers the training Al'Aeen endured. I dare say in terms of speed and strength I'll place myself on your level, at least I'll be when I'm co-Alpha of if we spar with the tea blocking your connection to the pack."

"Is that so? We'll need to test that very soon!"

"Your willingness to trash my hide is endearing."

"You just told me what a good opinion you have of yourself."

"Coordination and practice wise, I'm still about one day old. Well, not literally but you get my point. If you don't win right now, you need to join me and retrain with Conall and we both know what a dear he is as a teacher. From Alain's memories, I think I'd rather train with Vi."

"You'd make a mistake there. Whenever she takes over for him, people complain even harder," Lana says with a smile.

"I have one big condition, though. Al'Aeen never mentioned it but I can't stop myself."

"Oh? And what might that be?" Lana asks, suspicion enveloping her question.

"The pack name."

"What about it?"

"Change it! Please!"

"What? Why?"

"It's horrible!"

"Hey!"

"However did you come up with that mouthful of an abomination? Multi-Unity? Really?"

"Well, if you have to know, I'd just gotten my pack which was mostly cats and then I got the wolves in and I was aiming for a fresh start for everyone..."

"And you were lacking inspiration. I get it."

"And Mountain River Pack has a long name as well!"

"OK, but you realize how different that sounds, right?"

"Fine! What do you propose then?"

"Let's ask the pack. Bring them in on this. Have them help come up with names, then we pick a few and have everyone vote on the selection. They will feel like they matter."

"That's actually a really good idea! Thanks, Edrik!"

"Actually, it was Al'Aeen's idea."

"You mean Alain's."

"No. Al'Aeen's. He just didn't think it was proper for him to bring it up since he wasn't ready to accept his role in your life, in the pack, that he would remain on Calla, everything."

"That man was such an idiot!"

"I know."

"I hope you'll prevent Alain from acting the same way."

"I'll do my best but no promises," Edrik says with a smirk.

"Did Al'Aeen had a preference for the pack name."

"Diversity Pack. But he really wanted everyone to bring their ideas forward if and when the discussion came up. So are we done organizing things?"

"Why? Have something better to do?"

"Definitely, Lana! Join your pack, shift to wolf, mark and make love to you like only wolves can! In whatever order you prefer, as soon as we start immediately!"

"Eager wolf, aren't we?"

"Please! I can hear your heartbeat, and I can smell your desire for me! And I know you can do the same in my case. It's a wonder we've been holding back for so long."

"Spend a year around Al'Aeen. You'll learn to cope," Lana says with a sigh.

"He's permanently unavailable. You two will have to settle for Alain and me."

"Settle? That's a definite improvement!"

"Off you go!" Edrik says standing up and throwing Lana's human form away from him.

She shifts mid-air and turns to him with a playful, yet challenging bark.

"When I catch you, Lana, this wolf is going to eat you!"

She yips in delight and turns about, running away with Edrik's wolf form close on her tail.

*A.N.: OK people, I need your help again! For all those that have read the books so far and probably a lot more books on werewolves, can you please suggest a Pack name? One that could signify what Jena's pack is about? First best 8 suggestions will get mentioned in the book