Part 15

"Hannah, do something!" she yells at her friend, grateful once again for Hannah's decision to become the pack's primary healer.

"Calm down, Jena. Let me do my work," Hannah says, pushing her away from Al'Aeen, now red from both blood and the attention of the two women, as well as the growing number of people gathering on the scene.

"What the hell was that, Conall? Why did you attack him?" Jena asks, growling at him.

"Just a friendly, educational spar, Alpha. Nothing you haven't seen yourself from me before."

"He's not like you and me! You should know better!"

"Girly, he's tougher than you give him credit for. Let the man be a man and take his own fair punches."

"Maybe, but we both know a spar with you is anything but fair!"

"But it is educational."

Finishing her check-up, Hannah concludes loudly, hoping to grab her Alpha's attention:

"Face can go with or without stitches, neck can heal on its own, your leg will need some simple bandaging, and your hand, well, you aren't using that for the next two days. Stitches and a bandage. Alpha Jena will take you to the clinic where my aide, Tom, can start cleaning you up. Can you remember all that?"

"I guess I..."

"Never mind, just have Tom start cleaning you up."

"Conall, baby, what happened? Are you ok?" Vi runs to him and asks as soon as she arrives on the scene.

"I'm fine, this was nothing more than a sparring match with the accompanying light injuries," he answers.

"None of these look light!"

"Vi, please let me look," Hannah says gently, receiving a growl from Conall's mate regardless.

The girl makes room for the healer though, moving to her mate's side while holding on to his hand as if afraid he could disappear.

"Stitches for the chest claw marks, and heavy bandaging for the stab marks. As for your outer thigh, just keep it clean and air it. I'd rather you not stand until I bandage those puncture wounds. No activity for the next 4 days for you. You can walk and talk, but nothing more. That includes your mate..."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Vi asks, trying to hide a blush.

"... unless she wants to do all the work and avoid your chest area completely. That would be fine."

Conall smirks and Vi hides her face in his back, both hands on the sides of her face.

With some quick, first-aid bandaging on Conall's most worrisome injuries, the entire group heads for the medium-sized tent that serves as a clinic.

While the two men are smiling at each other, the girls are glaring at them and one another.

"Al'Aeen, I can't believe you used a stabbing move on my mate! You could have killed him! That was so irresponsible of you!" Vi scolds.

"You mean your mate could have killed Al'Aeen of course! Can you not see his face?" Jena answers her.

"He looks better like that anyway!"

"Well, maybe I should give you a matching look since he is supposed to be like a brother to you. You know, siblings look alike and stuff."

"Or you could both shut up and let me do my work since we arrived at the clinic,"

Hannah says, stepping inside, and leaving both girls to glare at the back of her head.

"Tom!"

"Yes, boss?"

"Start cleaning Al'Aeen's gashes and cuts."

"He's the big guy, right?"

"Well, the only other injured person here is Conall, and I assume you remember him from training school."

"Of course," he answers, hurrying to one of the makeshift rooms in the tent. "Follow me, please. OK, take a seat over there; I'll be right over with the cleaning solution."