Part 87

"Oh... But wouldn't it be better to teach it to the high ranking members of each pack, so they can further teach it down the line?" Sorin asks deep in thought.

"We do not have the luxury of enough time to do it twice. I have noticed it took approximately one week to do and our supplies run out in two. We need to move before then," Aaron answers.

"You cannot deny the merit of the war-form, Sorin. A girl barely able to be called a young adult defeated a mighty Alpha," Jena says with pride, throwing in a compliment for Sorin to appease him.

"I was NOT DEFEATED!"

"She held back her claws from shredding your heart!" the female Alpha argues again.

"Be that as it may, answer this truthfully: considering your own experience with warhogs and the match you just had, can Vi handle one of them on her own?" Aaron asks trying to appease everyone.

"Yes..."

"I didn't quite hear that. Louder please!" Al'Aeen intervenes.

"YES, Moons damn it, yes! You damn cheeky, manipulating, cheating bastard!"

"Alpha Sorin! If I didn't know any better, I'd think you have the hots for my mate!" Jena says shamelessly.

"Up yours, Jena! As if! Screw this, I'm out of here!" Sorin says, jumping down from the sickbed he was on and heading out.

"Training starts tomorrow at dawn, in the widest area of the canyon!" the big man says to his back.

"I'll be there," Sorin answers just before the tent flap falls back, hiding him from view.

"Now that he's gone, what the actual hell, Jena? Your mate could do that all along and you let us fight the enemy without that advantage?" Aaron scolds her coldly.

"I..."

How do I answer him without telling him the truth about Al'Aeen and...

"It was not hers to tell you, so your attention should be on me!" Al'Aeen growls lowly at him.

"I have to agree with Sorin, Al. Something is different about you. Well? My question stands, what is your answer?"

"I will explain everything in one week's time after everyone has gone through the training program. Allow me this time to prepare a proper answer, one that you will be better able to understand once you yourself have mastered the war-form."

"Would me pushing for an answer now have any effect on you?"

"No. I was trying to be polite about it."

"What if I ask your mate and Alpha to command you?"

"You forget I choose to obey my Alpha and as I have said many times, I do not have an actual beast. So there is no inherent wish for me to obey my Alpha, because of a pack mentality.."

"Nor would I order him to do something against his will! I'm surprised you could even suggest it, Aaron!"

"Well, since our council of three Alphas has, in fact, become one of four, it appears I need to adapt and consider your mate as an integral part of dealing with this war."

"I am no Alpha. Nor do I wish to be one so you may keep your council of three Alphas as it is. I'm only doing what needs doing. Nothing more and nothing less."

"Except when it comes to this war-form of yours that you conveniently forgot to inform us about. This appears to be on the less side. And I'd rather think Jena was in the dark about it as well and not intentionally deceiving us."

"How dare you! She..." Al'Aeen growls again.

"Don't! He's baiting you."

"Damn it! That's why it's unfair to deal with both of you at the same time. You're covering each other's flaws leaving nothing to exploit! Perhaps I should start bringing my mate to our meetings as well!" Aaron says with a smirk.

"I'd like to see Sorin's face when that happens."

"Likewise! He already thinks we are always ganging up on him," Jena says with a smile.

"OK, then! I guess I'll see you both at tomorrow's training when you start showing us what to do, Alpha Al'Aeen!" Aaron says, turning toward the exit.

"Don't call me that! And no, I won't but I'll see you there."

"I'm going to have so much fun annoying you with that title, now that I know it bothers you. But what do you mean you won't?"

"You'll see."

"Fine, whatever! Bye, lovebirds!"

"We're not..."

"He already left," Jena interrupts Al'Aeen.

"OK, but we're not... I mean I know we're supposed to be mates but I just... don't make me repeat everything, please!"

*A.N.: Good news that affects you: the story is pre-written to part 91. 

7 comments of 'Give next' means part 88 will be updated immediately instead of tomorrow and so on.

Bad news that doesn't affect you but has me worried: my 3-year old swallowed a coin.