Part 64

"Any sign you leave on my body is welcomed, you know? Would you add more if I begged? Whispered in your ear how much I need you? How much we both need you?"

"Please! Just stop! Stop this!" he whispers through clenched teeth.

"Why? Are you afraid you'll eventually give in?"

"Yes. I am. Are you satisfied?"

"Dangerous question, but strictly referring to what you mean. Yes. I am."

He has nothing to add, fighting his own urges, trying to keep still.

"Look, I'll make you a deal. I promise not to pressure you like this in the future and I will also help Jena manage her emotions around you. You should be able to communicate with her a lot more relaxed as Alpha and underling."

"Underling? Really?"

"Unless you want to claim her, us, and the Alpha title that comes with it and be our equal."

"No thanks. So what's the catch?"

"A kiss."

"Huh?"

"I want a kiss!"

"You can't be serious!"

"Right. Cause there is no reason for me wanting to know how your lips feel on mine, you know when you're actually conscious and know what you are doing."

"Excuse me?"

"Don't mind my random rambling. Our proximity and the mate bond making me say whatever is on my mind. Silly me!"

"But why..."

"You seem to be selectively dense so I'll use simple words for you. I'll be getting a large number of emotions soothing the mate bond from that kiss, store it and then release it gradually when Jena needs it, so she won't act so frustrated around you."

"I don't know if that's true or just a logical way to convince me of doing something..."

"You want to do anyway?"

"..."

"Come on! I won't even tell Jena what happened!"

"So just a kiss?"

"No. Think of it as a... hmm, how to put this... so put all your feelings related to Jena, this planet, this possible life that you could have here, everything. Express them in that kiss. It might even do you some good. You do look rather tense all the time. Let go for a minute. I bet it will help."

"I'm not sure that's wise."

"Wise or not, it's still my condition. Do that and be genuine about it, and I will keep my end of the bargain. You will see neither I or Jena approach you in the future. At least not before you do it first, in case that ever happens."

"So how do we..."

"Come now. I'm sure you kissed a woman before."

"How would you..." he stops mid-sentence as Lana covers his lips with her own.

And considering everything that has happened up to this moment, from reaching Calla, trying to survive and protect his child, to the harsh training, then E being kidnapped and from there on the endless fight against the warhogs, to finding Jena and more than once secretly wishing things were different, all the while fighting against himself to do the right thing plus all the other little things in this world vying for attention, being able to let go, even for one moment, is a temptation too great to resist when those lips that have been haunting him for so long are not just within reach, but at his disposal to do with as he pleases, to bite and pull, then push, lick and nibble on, spread open to intrude upon or bring together to suck and dominate, repeating the actions in a furious shuffle to let it all out while taking (in) everything offered in return.

Needing a breath, he finally stops, their foreheads touching and looks at her.

"I'm sorry! I guess that was too much?"

"No. I asked for it. And I wanted you to mean it," Lana says, gasping for air in quick, shallow breaths. "I felt as if I was caught in a storm, thrown around in every direction, surging fast then slowing to a crawl, yet always perfectly safe. I believe I'll be able to draw on that for quite some time. I can tell you that I look forward to the time when you will offer us that kiss without me wrestling it out of you through a deal of this sort!"

"Eh? And you are so sure this will happen?"

"Now more than ever."

"Riiight. Anyway, I'll admit to feeling strangely at peace for the first time in a long while. So there is no need for this to happen again," he finishes with a nod of his head as if to convince even himself of the fact.

"But if you need it, you can just come for another one and we'll sort you out. It's a mate bond thing," she ends with a smirk.

"No. Not happening again. The deal was this once only. Anyway, we should be going now, since it's already morning."

"Says the man still on top of me after all this time. Not that I'm complaining but you are the one that needs to move first."

Realizing how true her words are, he scampers to his feet as if he's just been burned.

"Morning Al'Aeen! Sleep well?"

"Good morning to you too, Jena! So I think I can go full speed today. I'm pretty sure we can catch up to the others."

"You sound rather happy. Had some nice dreams maybe?"

"You have no idea!"

"Did you say something?"

"I think I did have an interesting dream, but you know how it is, I already forgot what it was about."

"Right. Looks like we're ready. Human or animal form?"

"Pretty sure I'm faster on four paws than two feet."

*A.N.: Hi there! I hope you tap/click the vote button if you enjoyed it and maybe leave a comment.