Part 129(13)

***

"Hey, gorgeous!"

"Meiarr," Alain salutes.

"Oh, you know my name already? I'm flattered you went through the trouble!"

"Not really."

"Come now! Don't be gruff! I just want to show you how welcome you are to our pack! Come join me in my room for a quick umm... drink."

"Really now?" Alain asks taking a few steps right up into Meiarr's personal space, yet not touching her even a little.

"Oh, yeah! I heard you ran really fast! Faster than the cats on patrol even! I like strong wolves and you seem to have the genes to be an Alpha! My father is an Alpha too, you know? Can you imagine how strong our pups would be?"

"Why would I want to do that?"

"Come on! Think about it! Don't I look attractive to you? You could be the Alpha of my father's pack one day!"

"You don't smell like my mate. And you may look like a decent enough wench, but my attraction to you has a negative value. I wouldn't touch you unless we were sparing," he says disgusted, pulling away from her.

"We can start with a fight if you want! I like it rough! And I know you are into women! I can smell Jena all over you!"

"And yet you have no qualms about throwing yourself at me like you just did."

"Well, you've been here just one day and you've gone and enjoyed being her rebound guy. I wouldn't be thinking about somebody else when you bed me, you know? Or maybe you prefer it standing? Or as if we were wolves just in human form? And I've really been wondering about how it would feel in war-form!"

The rebound term has Alain almost growling but he reels it in because he knows Jena did not have anyone else's scent on her.

"You should address your Alpha with the proper decorum and just to be clear, she IS my mate. Unlike you. And about 14 times the woman you are! You have a mate somewhere out there and you should be waiting for him!"

"Her mate? Funny! Her mate was the Hero of Canyon Valley! A great man with an even greater body! You think you could ever replace him in her heart? Or her bed? Not that she managed to treat him properly! And don't you be worrying about my mate. Besides the fact you could become my..."

"Pseudo, fake mate just to be an Alpha? I'd rather carve stone into boulders all day!"

"You don't have to be rude, you know? And assuming we just have some fun, you'd really enjoy it! I can do wicked things with my mouth and my tongue," Meiarr says, coming really close to him.

"You just can't take a hint, can you?" He growls, shoving her away.

"What the fcuk, man? You don't have to get violent about it!"

"Aren't you one of your father's best warriors? I'm sure you'll survive that. I'm not sure about me surviving your scent and attitude. A very potent mix in a repulsive kind of way. I think I puked a bit in my mouth."

"You're a jerk, you know?!"

"And you're a confused woman with too much baggage. Only your mate would be able to help you through that because I definitely don't have the patience of the stomach for it. I think it would be wise of you to avoid me in the future, lest I slap you senseless and deal with the consequences after."

"Fine!"

A couple of seconds of staring and Alain turns around, heading anywhere else.

"Mention this to anyone and I'll kill you," she shouts her threat after him.

No fcuks are given.