Part 107

***

'Al'Aeen! We are joining your ranks! You better give me a position where I can keep killing lots of warhogs! My son needs more avenging to rest in peace,' Sorin says, managing to somehow be demanding, respectful and arrogant at the same time.

'Understood!

Coyotes and Cats move to the back and wait for the straight in charge. Irregulars move back and be ready to reinforce if needed.

Conall, move to my left. You will be making sure the warhogs can't run into the canyon.

Aaron, you cover the opposite side. You will be preventing their escape on that side.

Sorin on my right, about half way between me and Aaron. The two of us will be pushing all the way to the rock wall, effectively splitting the warhogs into three groups. We should have them surrounded on three sides, outnumbered more than two to one, and that's not even counting the cats and the coyotes.

By the way, Nazih and Umani, all your forces get to free roam.

Let me be clear, use the speed of your animal forms, shift and sever a spine or gouge the eyes of a warhog already entangled with a war-form, then run off.

Attack without honor or remorse and run off when the slightest of attentions turn to you.

I want the warhogs to feel betrayed, to feel this battle is unfair to them, that they do not stand a fair chance of winning any of their individual fights.

While the war-forms have their attention, you will be their executioners.

By the end of this fight, we'll have them fear any movement caught by the corners of their eyes!

If it isn't obvious already, we have the numbers and equal or shall I daresay, superior fighting power with our war-forms, clearly shown so far in the earlier engagements.

Yet I still want, no I'm ORDERING everyone to use and take every cheap shot, every unfair advantage in speed, numbers or positioning that you notice, every time it happens without fail.

If you're in danger, break off and switch with a war-form near you. I assure you, they'll be eager to take a piece of the enemy and allow you to escape.

Confuse and annoy them! Frustrate them!

Make no mistake! This is war! And all is fair in war!

And if you have any doubts, by their own accounts the warhogs' Promised Lands are in their next lives.

Look around you! Our promised lands are here! They are our homes, our packs, our friends and families, our loved ones!

With all our might we shall make sure everyone is where they should be, so let's send them to their Promised Lands while we remain in ours!

Everyone ready?'

The growls, howls and odd cheers Al'Aeen did not even know a war-form was capable of are deafening, almost making him want to cover his ears, but the emotion returned by everyone around him after the encouraging speech he hopes was adequate for the occasion, has his heart warming up uncomfortably and his eyes tearing.

"CHAARRRGGHHEEE!" he screams in is bear war-form running forward, closely followed by his team.

As they wedge themselves in the enemy ranks, the fighting fierce as the warhogs are acutely aware of being cornered, the presence at his back changes, no longer that of the familiar Vi or even Seisyll, yet he doesn't feel less confident that his b...

As they wedge themselves in the enemy ranks, the fighting fierce as the warhogs are acutely aware of being cornered, the presence at his back changes, no longer that of the familiar Vi or even Seisyll, yet he doesn't feel less confident that his back is covered.

'That speech touched my heart. Actually, I think it touched everyone's heart.'

'I thought you were hurt, what are you doing here, Jena?!'

'What kind of Alpha would I be, not fighting side by side with my pack, with my mate?'

'But you are HURT!'

'I got better. Must have been your words!'

Dislodging a warhog's head from the rest of its body, he glares at her.

'A broken rib doesn't heal that fast! Even if you are an Alpha!'

She charges at him and shifts to human form, sliding between Al'Aeen's legs before shifting back to war-form, claws embedding themselves into the face of another charging warhog, forcing the enemy to miss her mate by about a foot.

'That's why I'm just watching your back and not competing with you on who gets the most kills! The pain is a minor inconvenience.'

'And who will watch yours, you crazy woman?'

As if to portray that exact situation, three warhogs come in between them, two facing him and one focused on Jena.

But what Al'Aeen is worried about is the fourth warhog coming up behind the Alpha.

He struggles to go through his foes as fast as possible, just as Jena engages hers, but there is no time to reach the fourth warhog, no matter what he does.

A war-form grabs the fourth warhog, literally pulling the legs from under him, dragging him away from Jena.

'I've got her back' Alastair mind links. A black blur sweeps by, severing the spine to brain connection of the fallen warhog.

The black panther gives Al'Aeen a toothy grin.

'And she's got mine,' Alastair continues, pointing to Sandheeya's retreating form.

Yet another warhog charges at the big man, but a golden cat jumps over, the shift to war-form only long enough for Nazih to puncture the eyes and face of the enemy with a quick jab.

'Hi! Finish that off, will you? Bye!' Nazih links before darting away.

With the warhog clearly disoriented but still charging, Al'Aeen adjust his war-forms position then delivers a roundhouse kick to its head, throwing the warhog to one side.

Testimony to their sturdy built and perseverance, the warhog still tries to get up.

A coyote appears seemingly out of thin air, it's lean war-form finishing of the downed foe with a throat bite.

Though the entire move took mere moments, Al'Aeen could swear that was Umani's black midnight black pelt.

'Fine! You guys are impossible!' he concedes with a mental huff, but if anyone could read the facial expressions of a bear war-form, that person would find the bear smiling, a bit of happiness reaching even the eyes.

*A.N.: Should I say THE END here? Kind of fits, right?

.

.

.

Neah! I'm not that cruel!

Remember to Vote and voice your questions and opinions in the comment section!