Part 93

"Considering our present situation, Al'Aeen's seeming invincibility is a great boon for morale. I've made sure that the previous tales about how he saved his daughter and our Alpha from a large group of warhogs by himself, now include the secret of him using the war-form to achieve that. People now believe that if they can attain the war-form, they too will be able of great feats against the enemy," Umani says in all seriousness.

"You manipulative son of a bitch! Why would you do that?"

"For morale of course! Trying to motivate everyone is a good reason too. But was I lying?"

"So Jena told you how I helped her?"

"No. But I assumed. It's pretty obvious."

"And did you assume I used the war-form to save E last time as well?"

"No. The winds told me."

"The winds told you, or did you follow me around like you usually do?"

"You saw us?"

"Idiot!" Conall mutters, too low for anyone but Vi to hear him, and she makes a mental note to ask him about it later.

"YOU WERE ACTUALLY THERE?"

"Umm, no. Like I said, the wind told me."

"The wind in my ass!"

"Guys, lower your voices please and keep it friendly," Jena says, rubbing Al'Aeen's back which oddly enough he doesn't notice, though it obviously works.

"Right you are, Alpha!" Umani submits too quickly, taking the easy out and smirking at what she's doing to calm his fosterling.

"I will drop it, but we are having this talk another time, you dirty old coyote!"

"I'm not that old! And you really have big, round, hairy balls to call me manipulative after what you did to Sorin, forcing him to submit to the training in front of everyone," Umani changes the subject.

"Yeah, Al'Aeen! That was sooo awesome! You scored a lot of points on the respect scale of everyone present," Emre says, high-fiving him, an odd gesture for those not on Al'Aeen's team.

"As one with Diplomat training, I have to admit that was some shrewd maneuvering from my mate there," Jena sais, looking directly at him with a wide, proud smile and making Al'Aeen look for a way to downplay it.

"I hoped it wasn't that obvious. I mean come on! I kneeled in front of him and begged!" the big man tries.

"Dude! You called him a shit eater and you begged him not to force you to shred him to pieces, taking his pack from him in the process!" Emremil adds.

"That was indeed the most ironic situation I've ever seen and while you may not have been able to survey the crowds, I did. In that moment, everyone believed you could do it, that you could take his pack in a heartbeat," Conall tells him.

"To be honest, Sorin's answer shows that he is not stupid and he realized everything that was happening. His solution was creative and allowed him to save face. However, I believe he now has a new person he hates the most and probably respects as well," Jena says, again pride showing in her voice.

"Well, if that bastard hates you, Al, you must be doing something right! He may have been the one to propose me becoming the War-Form Master, but only because, as Jena said, it suited him at the time. And he may listen to my commands while everyone is training, but his eyes show nothing but contempt. I'm sure he wouldn't be doing the training with me if he wasn't afraid of being left behind power-wise."

"Wow, Vi! That is really smart!"

"Yeah! Lucky for me, having a much more experienced mate willing to share his knowledge has helped me learn to evaluate everything with different eyes."

"Neah, he's the lucky one! After he got bored of lefty and righty, he was getting cobwebs down there."

"Umani, I swear I'll shove my hand so far up your ass I'll be able to pull your tongue out through it! It'll give you a real reason to have shit come out of your mouth!" Conall threatens but Vi holds him back, nibbling on his ear to calm him down.

"Don't let Umani's envy get to you, Conall! He still needs to use lefty and righty!" Al'Aeen says.