Part 33

"Alpha Jena? Alpha Aaron has just arrived."

"Thanks, Naleea! Send him in!"

"Jena, Sorin, seems like I'm the last one to the party. Are you two plotting against me?" Aaron asks with a smirk.

"Shove it, Aaron! My son just died, I'm not in the mood for your shitty remarks."

"I'm deeply sorry..."

"Mhm yeah, right. Shut up and listen, both of you! The warhogs are moving. And my son said there are planning to attack us. Specifically my side of the war camp, on the refugee side."

"Are you sure about..." Jena starts asking.

"My son died getting us this information. Are you calling him a liar?"

"OK. Let's assume it is true. How do we react to this?"

"Fight them with everything we've got!" Sorin says forcefully.

"Maybe we should retreat," is Aaron's answer.

"And Jena, you'd better not say we wait. Little good that did us last time," Sorin adds.

I understand why Sorin wants to attack since he is heart-stricken over his son's death, but why do you want to retreat, Aaron? You're usually the one for a fight," Conall says, standing up from Jena's chair, which was previously facing the window.

"Why is he here? This is an Alpha Meeting!" Sorin asks quickly with an angry huff.

"Because I value his input. Feel free to forcefully remove him, Alpha Sorin."

"Is he taking your decisions for you as well? Should we be talking to him instead? Why are you even here, Jena?"

"I'll ignore your last three questions on account of you being mentally impaired by your emotions, but clear your fcuking head and focus because this is about our people. And I'm sure you don't want your son's sacrifice to be in vain."

"You've got no right to talk about my son! You're not even half the man he was! But I'm listening."

Why would I want to be a man?

"Calm down, Jena. He's grieving for his son."

"And why should I be the one he dumps his frustration on?"

"You are an Alpha, you can take it. Just because it's unfair doesn't mean it won't happen. You think Sorin considers his son's death fair?"

"Thanks, Lana!"

"We're a team!"

"Well," – Aaron says, breaking the tension – "Considering our loses last time, an open field battle would mean total mutual destruction of our combat capable forces and the warhog army.

Even with the techniques brought by your mate and his friends, we've barely increased our chances about 10%. Though realistically, that's more like 5%.

Their leader is not even on the battlefield. That Master of theirs, not the warhog leader. This feels like a sideline affair for them. That is why I think fighting them now is a bad idea," he finishes.

"And you'd be right," Umani says, stepping from the shadows.

Sorin growls at the coyote, jumping to attack him immediately, only to be held back by both Jena and Aaron.

"You dirty desert scum! Your people ambushed and killed my son!" Sorin screams at him.

"Sorin, he is a member of my pack. His people are me and mine," Jena tries to reason with him.

"Not that I should justify myself to you, but I understand your grief. You may not know, but I've always been a loner, at least until I joined Jena's pack.

And I'm also sure you know there are also cats, wolfs and who knows what else working with the Master's warhogs, not just coyotes.

What I wanted to tell you is that from my reports, this is but a small fraction of the Master's army. Seems only meant to distract the East from doing anything to help the westerners. If we lose our armies in the process, all the better for him," Umani clarifies.

"I agree with him. This sacrificial army of warhogs is only relevant to the enemy as long as we lose time and resources opposing it. And yet we cannot leave it unopposed. We shouldn't stay and fight but we can't just run."

"Looks like it's up to the woman again," Sorin says with spite, after having calmed down enough he no longer needs to be held by the two Alphas.

*A.N.: Hope you liked it and you vote it.

This week we have one pre-written part - 34, so at seven 'Give next' comments, I will upload it.