4. New Adventures

Stephanie nods when Anna says that. "Steph, you knew?" I ask confused. "Melissa, Evs' mom and I are good friends and these two have known each other, well, since Ev was taken in." She tells us. "This might be really soon, but Everleigh should come home with me now." Anna justifies as she puts her arm around me. Now I really don't know what to say.

Anna's POV

I know this is Everleigh. It is. I run around the back of the red carpet to find my way to where I told Jax, my bodyguard, to meet. Where the fuck is this place? First, I get stopped by Entertainment Tonight, and it takes me a while to escape from that. "Kendrick! Where are you going?" I turn and see that Brittany is calling to me. "Erm, I have to take care of something." She just nods and looks back at the cameras with her stunning smile. Across the hotel lobby, I see the conference room door and I slowly make my way over. I don't know what to say or do. Jax opens the door and I follow him in. I see her, up close now. She looks like me. And her birthmark, exactly like when she was a baby. I start to speak, but I don't know what to say. I can feel my eyes heating up with tears. And I have to sit down. I don't even notice what she says. "Firstly, what is your name?" I blurt. Wow. What a first, well second, impression. "Everleigh." I sink down. Oh. My. God. It is her. "What about your middle?" I ask. Please say, Claire. I think to myself. "Claire". I start to cry. "What about your birthday?" This is when I will know. "May 1st." She whispers quietly. "Why are we whispering?" She asks. "I, I don't know" I stutter. Everleigh is clueless. "Ok so, this sounds absolutely insane, but holy shit, I am your mom"

Everleighs POV

"That, that would be amazing! But what about well, my other mom and sister?" I exclaim. "Well, I do know that Melissa knew the day would come, just not this early. And to be honest, she is so caught up with the baby and Grayson leaving, not in a bad way, Ev, but it shouldn't be a massive deal." Anna is listening closely. "And besides, I want to come home with you." I smile, and Anna pulls me closer. "Would you be ok? Aria?" I ask her. "Of course! It is for the best, and just as long as I can visit!" "Of course! But you can definitely not tell a soul until we do." Anna tells her strictly. This is actually going to happen. "I'll call Melissa now." Stephanie pulls out her phone and dials on speaker. On the third ring, she answers. "Steph. Is everything ok?" She asks. "So, um Mel. Ev is here and well, she knows about, you know. Anna." The end of the line in silent. "Ok. Is she ok? Doesn't hate me?" She asks, and when she says that, I can't tell if she is drunk or not. "She is great.  Here she is." Steph hands me the phone. "Hi," I say expressionless. "Hey, honey." She says in the same tone. "I want to live with Anna now even though it was meant to be when I was 16 but we are here now and I really really think I should. Please let me go." I blurt out really quickly and have to catch my breath after. Anna laughs. There is a pause. "Ok." Is all she says. "Really, it was that easy?" I ask her, super confused. "Oh, babe. It was going to happen anyways, and if it makes you happy." She slurs off in that last part. Anna mouths 'Is she drunk?'. I nod and roll my eyes. Then my eyes start to fill with tears. She promised that she wouldn't drink and look after Faith. I can't even think of what Faith is doing right now. Tears are rolling off my cheeks onto Annas hands who had her arms wrapped around me, she hadn't realized I was crying. I guess she noticed when she felt the wetness on her hands so she whispered to Stephanie and escorted me out of the room into the lobby. We sat down against a wall and I just cried and cried while Anna was holding me. It feels like we have known each other for ages right now. "S, sh, she promised me she wouldn't drink this weekend." I managed to spill out between sobs. "What could Faith be doing right now?" I cry. Anna rocks back and forth with me. "Faith?" She asks. I sniffle, "Melissas daughter. Shes 2." I can't even call her 'mom' right now. I can't help myself from crying so much then Anna pulls me onto her knee and calms me down. "Hey, hey. You will be fine, you will come home with me and forget about everything else." She wipes my cheeks off. "I am sure Faith will be put into better care." She adds on. I hear heels clicking towards us. They stop a few feet in front of us. "Kendrick. There you are." I look up at Brittany Snow. "Oh my God." She says quietly. I don't even know why but I start to cry more so I bury my face in Annas' shoulder. I can tell Brittany sat down next to Anna. "Who is this?" I hear her whisper. "My, my..." Anna starts. "Daughter." Brittany finishes in disbelief. I look up and she is looking at me. "Hi." She smiles. "Hi." I sniffle. "Wow, you look so similar." Brittany exclaims. I can tell my eyes and red and puffy from all the crying. "Are you all good now babe? Go back in?" Anna asks me. "Almost." More high heels come speed walking in. "Hey." Britt says. "Yeah, hi." Two voices that belong to Anna Camp and Hailee Steinfeld. Holy shit, Hailee. I automatically sit up and wipe my tears. They are both looking at me. "Oh my God, hi." I blush. I stand up with Anna and she introduces me to them as her daughter. It seems like they are all cool with it. "You guys are missing the party!" Anna tells them. "Yeah, we were missing you." Hailee says. "Well, we should go back inside and I'll find you all later." The others say bye and when we come back into the conference room, everyone is waiting for us. "So, what is the plan?" Anna asks straight up. "Firstly, Aria and I reckon, of course, if it ok with you, Anna that Everleigh stays with you tonight." Stephanie begins. "Really?" I ask. "I don't mind at all." Anna smiles. "Great. And there are flights back to Arizona tomorrow, so Ev, I have put you and Anna on it. Ari and I are planning on staying for the time we have. In Arizona, you can get all your things and from there, you are with Anna." Steph has to breathe when she finishes. "Oh and Ev, love. Faith will be with Grayson from now on." She adds. "Ok great. Ari. I am going to miss you so much!" She runs over to hug me, really tight. Before I know it, It is the next day.