77. Filming more

--THREE MONTHS LATER—

"Ev, just be careful ok? If you need anything, give a shout." Kathryn Bigelow calls to me from behind the camera. At this point, I was still definetly showing, and you could tell I was growing a baby. The cast and crew onset knew now, but that was it. I am on set by myself right now and running around on a 'boat'. Ever since Kathryn found out, and everyone else, they have been extra careful with me, and check on how I am after every take. I had to climb up a ladder, quickly and in heels for this scene, about 10 feet high. "Ok thank you." I call back to her. I wait for them to set the cameras and when 'action' is yelled, I hit my marks and get to the top of the ladder easily. About 10 takes later, after I slipped once, we had the best shot. "And are you sure you are ok?" Kathryn checks for the third time. "Yes, just my shin." I smile. The rungs on the ladder had gotten slippery with sweat and in one take my foot slid off, and I just banged my shin on the ladder, but I was fine. When I can back down to the ground level, she could tell I was out of breath from running. "Ok, why don't we take 20." Kathryn announces and everyone breaks away from set. I head back to my trailer to call Lachie since I haven't talked to him today. I turns out I have missed two calls from him. My newish assistant Tegan would normally be here on set, but I gave her some time off this week. I was about to facetime him, but he bet me to it. I answered right away. "Oh, thank god." He sighs. "What? Is everything ok?" I ask nervously. "It is now. I was so worried and I tried Tegan too." Lachie tells me. "Babe, I am filming a movie, I can't have my phone on me all the time, and I gave Tegan the day off." I explain. "Right. I guess just the fact you are across country and pregnant is scary for me." He says. "Don't be scared. Everything is fine. Do you think I went into labor or something?" I laugh. "You didn't. Did you?" His face goes white. "No! I am only 6 months. And about that..." I trail off to see his reation. "What!?" He gets frantic. "I think it is time we tell people, the media." I rub my stomach. "Ok. Yeah. I feel like it is a good time too." He agrees. "What were you thinking then? Instagram?" I suggest. "I think so yeah." He nods. "How about the photo from the baby shower, when the balloon had just been popped?" I ask. "That's cute. Yep. Do we both have copies?" He smiles. "I do. You?" I ask. And he nods. "Ok, why don't you come up with the caption? And text it to me because I have to go soon. Mention the due date, June 10 and any other relevant info." I instruct. "Ok. We should post at the same time, see what happens." He grins. "So, when you send it, I will probably be shooting so how about in three hours?" I suggest to him. "That feels like ages away." He pouts. "Its only one hour three times." I smile. "Ok. That's not too bad." He laughs. "Ok, talk later. Love you." I blow him a kiss. When I was back on set and my makeup was getting touched up, I tried to think about what he would say in it...

Three hours later, when we were finally wrapped for the day, my back was killing me so I called Tegan to pick me up. On the way back, I made sure to call Anna to let her know what we were doing, she was excited, and then Lisa, my manager, Tammy my publicist and Rose my agent who were all fine with it, and said it was about time. When we got back to the hotel and I was in my room alone, I looked at the text from Lachie. It said, 'We're having a baby! Ev and I/Lachie and I are so happy to finally share this! We kept it quiet between family and close friends for a while, and it is finally time! The two of us couldn't be anymore thrilled when we found out the news and we have been in this together, and thank you loves for all your support! Coming early June...' was what it read. I thought it was great. 'wait, my loves??' I text Lachie, confused to why he of all people would say my loves. 'chill, im changing my one' He replies instantly. I copy the text before I call him. "I like it. Simple and not too over the top." I credit his work. "Thank you, thank you very much." He says in an olden voice. "Wait, let me get it ready so we can do it at the same time." I get a bit over excited, making her kick. I wasn't the first time she has, either. "Ok, ready." Lachie tells me a few minutes later. I check all the spelling and filters on the photo. "Yep. Three two one." I countdown and press the share button. "Baby, I have to get into training now." Lachie sighs. "Oh, you're at the field?" I ask. "Yeah I just pulled up. Coach called last minute late night before the game tomorrow." He tells me. "Ahh ok. Well good luck tomorrow. I'll be cheering you on." I tell him. "Yeah you better be! You and little Jess." He sneaks in. "We are not calling her Jess!" I clap back quickly. "Why not!" he complains. "Yes, I like the name, but Anna played a Jess, in the fucking twilight saga AND I just did a movie with Jessica Chastain. It weird. It's not happening." I tell him seriously. "Well I don't see you coming up with any names!" He sasses me. "I told you I am waiting until later, or until I meet her. But I do have names in mind so calm down." I tell him. "Ok love you." He breathes. "Love you too." I hang up. For a while I left my phone on my bed while I took off my makeup and undid my hair. When I went back onto Instagram, the photo already had 10,00 likes and counting in comments. I scrolled through them, and people seemed excited. I called Rose, my publicist to see that everything was ok at her end, that she wasn't getting anything 'bad'. "That is the cutest photo ever!" She says when she after I know everything is good. Rose is definitely a girly girl and tends to procrastinate a lot too. "Thank you! I should get some rest." I try to hang up. "Wait, can I use that nail polish you are wearing in it?" She says quickly. "Go for it. But I really should rest now, Rose." I tell her. "Ok. Night." She hangs up. I don't even bother getting changed. I just fall back onto my pillow.