2;10

ONE WEEK LATER

"Nothing too grand please, or crazy expensive." Lachie pleads as I open the door. "I'm not a fucking idiot ok. I'm thinking bigger. A 4-storey mansion" I wink and kiss him. "Why am I letting you do this?" He jokes. "We will be fine." I kiss him again. "Find the one." He calls before I close the door on him. Today, Anna and I, with Brooklynn are going house shopping. Lachie and I have been doing research the past week, and have decided on a neighbourhood to buy in. It's a 10-minute drive from here, and Annas house, and we know some people in the same area. Anna was waiting in the car with Brooklynn. Anna is my side kick today because Lachie has an event for work. The two of us know exactly what we are looking for, because we have a list of must haves. "Ok, what are we looking for?" Anna asks as I reverse out of the driveway. "Off the top of my head, 5-bedroom, 4-bathroom, pool, at home gym, big backyard, lots of sun, and big kitchen." I tell Anna. Lachie and I want the perfect house for our family, as well as guests and friends. As I pulled up to the neighbourhood, it just felt right being here. The security guard signalled to roll the window down when we came up to the gate. "Hi, we are here to meet with Katie." I tell him. Katie was the real estate agent who was helping us. "What is your business here?" He raises an eyebrow. "House shopping." I smile. "Drive on through." He pushes a button and the gates glide open for us to drive through. Katie texted me to meet on Starlight Way. We found her on the corner, and she looks exactly how you would imagine a high end real estate agent. I get out to meet her while Anna gets Brooklynn out of her seat. "And this is my daughter Brooklynn, and of course my mom, Anna." I introduce them. We talk for a while before we are lead into the first house. All of the houses in this area are modern and white, which is what we are after. Katie takes us through the house, and it is really nice but not what we envision. "As nice as this house is, it is not what we want. I think we need to keep looking." Say out loud. "Babe, what about these curtains? They match the couch you have now." Anna wraps herself around the light grey curtains. "Really? Stop it, you're embarrassing me." I turn around to apologize to Katie. "Oh, honey that is what I was born to do." She throws her head back dramatically. I turn to Katie, rolling my eyes. "Let's continue, shall we?" I adjust Brooklynn on my hip. I follow Katie out, leaving Anna behind. The next house was slightly bigger, with the right amount of bed and bathrooms, but the backyard was really small, and the gym was too. Lachie 'needs his space' Brooklynn will need room to run. Katie takes us through 2 more houses that are similar to the first two. "Ooh! You know what you need in your house?" Anna askes me. "What?" I sass to her, tired of going through the houses. "an indoor bowling alley." She smiles, clearly tired as well. "Ha. Ha. Nice try." I roll my eyes. "Come on! That would be awesome." She pleads. "And over the top." I sigh, following Katie to the last house. And for some reason, I have a good feeling about this one. Throughout the tour, I listened to every detail about the house and every aspect. It ticked all the boxes, the right amount of bed and bathrooms, a big yard, pool and gym, it gets plenty of sunlight and the kitchen is very modern and big. "I love this house, it's just what we are looking for." I praise it out loud. "It is very nice, and within your price range too." Katie pulls out a document. "Are the neighbours nice?" I ask, noticing the houses around this one. "I can't give away who they are, but yes." She smiles. "Ooh, what if it was Beyoncé's house?" Anna gets excited. "Sure." I roll my eyes. "Oh wait, she lives in a different area." Anna realizes, saying casually. "You creep!" I turn to her, knowing she hasn't been to her house before. "I can tell you, this used to be Jennifer Lopez's house." Katie grins. "That's pretty close to Beyoncé babe." Anna approves. I turn to Katie excitedly. "I think we're sold." I smile. "Excellent! I'll fax through the papers." She says, very prepared. "Lachie will be excited." I tell Anna, who is now busy opening all the drawers in the kitchen. "Mhmmm." She sings, clearly oblivious to what I said. I set Brooklynn down on the floor and take my phone out. I take a selfie video spinning around in the open floor house and send it to Lachie. 'New houseeee' I send it to him. I almost get an instant reply, saying 'I don't know what's more beautiful, the house or you. X' which makes me smile and I reply, 'obviously the house.' "What are you swooning over?" Anna comes over to me. I guess I was blushing a bit. "Just my adorable husband." I twirl around, which makes Brooklynn giggle. "Alright, I have sent everything through, can't wait to hear from you." Katie hands me a shit load of papers and I know I do not look impressed. "Yes, you must read through everything." Katie smiles, reading my face. "Of course, and I will have them back to you asap." I fake smile, not looking forward to the reading I have to do. "I'm going on holiday next week, so if they are back by then, that would be great." Katie tells me, which makes me dread it even more. "And babe, don't forget you have Ellen in a few days." Anna calls, now in the walk-in pantry. "Great." I complain under my breath. "Thank you so much for your help." I shake Katies hand and we follow her out.
On the way home, Anna starts to beg me for Dunkin. "Pleaseee. We have been out all day. I need something." She moans. "I thought I was meant to be the daughter, and you say no to things." I smirk. "But this is differentttt." She mopes. "In what way?" I raise an eyebrow. "Ways that do not defy description." Anna bites her bottom lip, trying to look cute. "Fine." I give in and pull to the drive thru. "Yay!" Anna squeals. "Honestly." I roll my eyes.