69. Media

--FEW DAYS LATER—

"So, do you think she will talk about the engagement?" Anna sits down on my couch. "Um yeah. It's inevitable." I hand her a cup of coffee. "Ok. Just checking you are ok with it..." She sips. "Yeah, well Lachie and I wouldn't have posted it if we weren't ready." I sigh. "True." She shrugs. Yesterday, we decided to announce it on Instagram. The photographer sent us all the photos from when he proposed and they were cute to post. Lachie and I posted the same one, but different captions. His was 'I asked her to marry me...' and mine read, 'I said yes'. All my social media blew up after that, everyone was thrilled for us. Right now, Lachie was getting his football gear fitted and photos for the season. The LA Rams team hasn't been announced yet so no one knows he is playing for them. "So you are sure you don't want your make up done for today?" Anna opens her twitter. "Yes. I'll just do it myself. Its only Ellen." I sigh. "It's not 'only Ellen'" Anna laughs. "You know what I mean!" I play punch her. I was invited back for I think this will be the 5th time, to talk about a Disney movie coming out, my golden globe and most likely the engagement. "Do you want to come?" I ask her, realizing she should. "I mean, I was there just a month ago." She flips her hair. "Just come." I roll my eyes and go upstairs. Anna had two new movies coming out soon, so she had press for that. I take out of its bag thing, a Tommy Hilfiger dress they have lent me. It was navy blue with a v neck and red and white striped in a large checked pattern. I tied up the red heels I had to match it. "Let's goooo." I pose at the bottom of the stairs when I get down there. "On wards!" Anna catches on to the joke and opens the door for me. "You're driving." Anna calls and slides into the passenger seat of my car. "Fuck you." I sigh and start the engine. "Are you excited to see Justin again?" Anna asks when we are almost there. She was talking about Justin Timberlake, who was going to perform on the show. We had crossed paths at award shows and other events, but the last time I actually talked to him was when I first met him at the trolls 2 meeting. "Yeah. And his new album is so good." I say. "Speak of the devil." Anna turns the radio up and his song was playing so, we sing all the words and the song ends exactly when we get to the stage. "Everleigh! Nice to see you." Ellen comes up behind me. "You too!" I hug her, and she hugs Anna too. Ellen double checks what we are going to talk about. Justin came to say hi as well, it was really casual and quick because he had to set up and everything and then Anna played ping pong with me until I my cue. "Welcome back!" Ellen hugs me when I walk out. "Thank You! You can't get rid of me." I sit down. "I truly love having you here." She smiles. "I love coming here, the whole time you are here is so fun, like playing ping pong and backstage stuff." I smile. "It is pretty good. We should play sometime." Ellen suggests. "I'm down." I nod. "So we have talked about your Oscar, but a few months ago, what happened?" Ellen says and a photo of me from the Globes came up. "I won Best Actress." I say, and everyone claps. "You have something very special, to have an Oscar and golden globe and being under 21 at the time!" Ellen says. "Yeah, I just turned 21 a month ago." I smile. "So how does it feel?" Ellen asks. "It took a while to take it in, but it is so fun and to feel like an adult now." I tell her. "And you live in your own house now, that we talked about last time, but do you keep alcohol there?" She questions. It took me a second to word it. "Yeah I have some at home. But nothing serious, Anna takes care of that." I smile. "Fair enough. So, what was your first drink then?" She crosses her legs. "Right, so I had a party, on the day and all my friends were there. So, Anna insisted that I have her favorite beer as my first one." I explain then photos from the party came up. "Was it good?" "It wasn't too bad. But I have a new favorite, sorry Anna." I hunch over to add 'effect'. "Is it like a martini or something?" Ellen asks. "No actually, it's like, champagne or rose'." I tell her. "And I know Anna has different opinions because recently you had a little um, Twitter chain going on. Can you shar this?" Ellen asks. "Yep. I was at the grocery store by myself for the first time buying alcohol. And I didn't really know what all the things really meant, just the labels but when you get to the store, they all look the same." I sigh and some people laugh. "So I went on twitter and tweeted something like 'Why do all alcohol bottles look the exact same? I have no idea how to tell them apart! Especially when wine is in a dark bottle. Help' Or something like that and Anna commented on it saying something like, 'Boobs is boobs babe.'" I start laughing with Ellen remembering it. "So, autocorrect changed it instead of booze. But me being stubborn, I tweeted back something about, damn I can't remember now but it was so funny." I wipe a tear from my eye. "I can't either. Anyway, we have to go to break now so we will come back to talk about Evs new Disney movie!" Ellen wraps up that part. When the cameras are rolling again, Ellen starts. "So, you have a new Disney movie coming out soon." "Yeah. It's based on Rapunzel. It is a live action movie of I guess a backstory/during/sequel to the well know Rapunzel or Tangled." I explain. "There are some stills that have been released, and that hair, how did that work?" Ellen asks when a photo of me in costume with the long blonde hair comes up. "I dyed my hair, and then it was a lot of fake hair. The extensions went down to the floor so it could sit on the ground, and then for other shots it would get attached to the end of that." I explain. "Was it heavy?" Ellen asks. "Not as heavy as you'd expect, but still, a lot more than normal. It was kind of extensions on hair extensions, so I had them changed every week or so but they only went down to maybe my thighs and then everyday they added to it." I say. "Wow. Well I can't wait to see it all happen on September 30. But everyone needs to know, does she find her prince?" Ellen makes a Segway into my engagement. "You will have to go see it to find out." I smirk. "But have you, as Everleigh found yours?" She asks. "I have." I beam and some people cheer. "I am engaged." I say out loud and Ellen and the audience claps. "Who to?" She asks when they have quietend down. "My fiancés name is Lachie and it was the sweetest thing ever." I pout and the photo I posted came up. "He proposed at the beach?" Ellen says. "Yeah, He had come back from Ohio that day and drove me to the beach, we had a nice walk but this dude with a camera was following us around and I was getting annoyed but then that happened." I hold my hand out. "It is a beautiful ring. So, when is the wedding?" Ellen smiles. "We are thinking mid-September." I tell her. "That is a good time for it. And do you have all your guests planned out?" She asks. "I got engaged five days ago, Ellen. Not really." I laugh. "Oh, but you are defietly on the list!" I add. "Good, I was getting worried there." She laughs. "We'll let you know." I nod. "Well, thank you so much for being here Ev." She wraps up the interview. "I love being here!" I hug her. "Everleigh Kendrick everyone!"