63. Stopping by

Everleighs POV

I am waiting outside the arrivals sign at the Athens Ohio airport, with my suitcase, dark sunglasses on and some cameras around me. I left early this morning from LA to get here so I could spend a few hours with Lachie, then Lilia too. "Get in Loser, we are going out." Lachie pulls up in his car with the window down. "Hey baby." I laugh, open the boot to but my bag in and slide into the passenger seat. He rolls up the tinted window before I put my lips to his. "It's been too long." He smiles. "Whaatt? No. Only like, forever." I joke and kiss him again. We pull away and drive around a central area to find some food. "How about Ihop?" Lachie suggests. "Ooh fancy." I say sarcastically. "But let's go." I say seriously this time. Five minutes later, we can smell the pancakes from outside the car. "Are you revved up for the final season?" I open the menu inside. Lachie was finally, in his final year of college. "So ready." He looks at his menu. "Wait, why am I even looking at this? I have a usual." I say out loud. "Why do you always get the same? At every place too." He rolls his eyes. "What do you mean? There is no point in getting something new if you already know what you usually get is good." I explain. "Don't you want to be adventurous?" He asks. "Says you! I try all sorts of food when I am away. Especially the UK. You go out to the steakhouse like every week, and I know you always get the rump," I snap, protesting. "Touché." He smirks. I call the waiter over, knowing I won. Lachie actually ends up getting his usual too, chocolate pancakes and I get original buttermilk. Our plates were clean not long after, so we decided to go for a walk around the college campus. "So, the season. Coach working you hard?" I take his hand. "I'm the quarter back, what do you think?" He runs his hand through his hair. "It'll be worth it." I reassure him. "I know. Just balancing it with classes." He sighs. "You don't have to finish it." I tell him. "Yeah I don't think I will. Just having the knowledge is good." He smiles. "For the LA Rams." I smile back. "The scout came back for the third time a while ago." He looks nervous. "You are so playing for them." I say, proud of him. "High hopes. But you're here now. Let's talk about you." He slides his hand around my waist. "What about me?" I laugh. "I don't know. How is Anna?" "She is in the UK, remember?" I remind him. "Yeah still. Is she happy?" He asks, which I thought was a weird question. "She is doing her job. So she is having the worst time ever." I joke. "Is she glad that we are together?" He asks cautiously. "When hadn't she been? Did she say something to You?" I stop walking. "No! She didn't. I just haven't seen her, or you for a while." He replies so I start walking again. "But anyway, are you excited to work with kids?" He asks. "It won't be the best thing ever. I'm not eager to start." I admit. "It shouldn't be too bad." He says. "I met them maybe two weeks ago. They are so hyper. And a baby. It would be so easy if they worked how you did and knew what was right." I tell him. "I guess so. But one day, you can raise your own." He smiles. "Are we talking about that now?" I smirk. "No, just making a point." He smiles cheekily. "So have you talked to Lilia?" I ask. "Every week. She is trying so hard for exams." He looks proud. "She can do it. I'm going tonight to see her, I'll scout it out." I smile. "Are you sure you can't stay one night?" He pleads, putting his arm back around me. "I have to be in Toronto tomorrow night." I pout. " Is it my roommate? I'll kick him out for tonight..." He bites his lip. "No. Your bed is tiny." I say sarcastically. "I see." He smiles. "Do you want to meet some people?" He glances over to the sports stadium. "Careful there. Are your friends hotter than You?" I tease. "Nowhere near." He laughs and changes direction. Inside, huge, tall men where on the weight equipment. "This is Everleigh, guys." He announces, and gets their attention. "Hey." A guy comes over. "We have heard about You, a lot." He glances at Lachie. "I know he doesn't shut up about me." I smile and roll my eyes. "But I saw the movie, the love one with Kimmy the other day, it was amazing." He smiles. And I assume Kimmy is his girlfriend, and that he is actually a big softie. "Thank you so much. But did she drag you out to see it? I can't imagine a football player like you choosing it." I joke. "I'll admit, I wasn't too keen at first, but I was glad I went." He laughs. "Babe, you wanna give anything a go?" Lachie gestured to all the work out gear in the gym. "You're on." I take my jumper off and head to the bench press. "Ok. As long or as many as you can." He challenged. " How high can you count?" I raise an eyebrow and place my hands down. I know I have this, i surprisingly have started going to the gym a few times a week when I can and am working on a more toned body. "Fifty six, fifty seven." Lachie counts up to. "I would do more, just don't want to be sore for tomorrow." I shrug. "Sure." He gets in position for his turn. "Eighty eight. Not bad." I smile. "I have practise soon." He looks at his watch. "And I have a flight." I get disheartened. "It'll be done soon." He wipes some sweat off my forehead. "I know." I pick up my jumper and say bye to the guys who were there.

"Call you tomorrow." I take Lachies face in my hands outside the airport, not caring the people were taking pictures. "Yep." He puts his lips to mine. "Miss Kendrick." A voice interrupts us. A crew member is there to take me to the gate. "Bye." I smile at him and take my bag from him. "Love you." He squeezes my hand. "Love you too." I turn away to follow the lady.

"Oh my God!!" Lilia runs up to me at the gate. "Hey Babe!" I hug her tightly. "How are You?" She pulls away. "Really good." I smile. "How's classes and stuff?" I ask. "Great. Only a couple more years!" She looks excited. "Ok. I need coffee." I look around for a cafe. I only had an hour and a half here in Pennsylvania so Lilia was staying with me at the airport. We found a little corner at a Dunkin Donuts to sit down at. We talked about what we were just doing, Lilia is studying for her exams and to become a teacher and about her new boyfriend she met. I told her about all the movies I was doing, and she asked about Hailee and her music, which I couldn't tell her... It went by too quickly before I had to get back on the plane. "Promise I'll call." I hug her goodbye. Then I followed an escort to my gate for my private flight to Toronto.