72. Oh, baby!

--TWO WEEKS LATER—

I woke up next to Lachie the next morning at 9. He was still asleep so I quietly got out of bed and went into our bathroom. I scared myself when I got in there and saw the mirror, because I still had make up on from last night's Rapunzel premiere. On the red carpet, I got asked a lot about the wedding and how we were doing. Also, at the after party, I didn't have anything to drink because A: I turned 21 5 or 6 months ago and B: we were trying for 'number two' on our list. I slid my two rings onto my finger and still admire them in the sunlight. "Morning beautiful." Lachie comes up behind me and runs his hands over my shoulders and over my boobs. I let out a soft moan, not sure if I like that of not. We stand looking in the mirror at ourselves like this for a while, like we do almost every morning, if he doesn't have training. "What time do you have to be there?" I ask him, he has press for the team today. "Not till 11." He smiles and breaks our position. "I'm going to shower." I announce to him. "Ok. I'll make some breakfast." He nods and leaves the bathroom. I strip off my clothes and turn the shower on. Like I do every time I shower, while the temperature is adjusting, I turn side on in the mirror. Every day I look the same, small, but today something felt off. I don't know what though. Normally, I have the shower pressure on high, the way I like it, but this morning I turned it down because it hurt, in the same place where Lachie had his hands earlier. I get dressed into a white shirt and jeans, my hair still wet. Downstairs, Lachie made pancakes for us. "Woah! Lay off the chocolate sauce!" Lachie laughs when he sees me pouring on a mountain of it. "I need chocolate!" I cry, joking. We sit next to each other in the kitchen, looking at photos from last night. I had on a beige dress with red sparkly lace pattern. Lachie was there too, in a casual suit. I stayed downstairs when Lachie went to shower and replied to my manager, Lisa, publicists, agent, and my new assistant's texts and emails. It was just decided between my team to get a part time assistant. He name is Tegan and is super helpful, and only a few years older than me. "Alright, I'm off." Lachie says when he is back downstairs in his workout clothes. "Ok. See you later." I kiss him goodbye. And as soon as the front door closed, I had to throw up. I ran to the kitchen sink and let it out. I watched it get washed down the drain, and afterward didn't feel much better. I made myself some tea and sat down in the office to finish some emails off. As usual, I got distracted and found myself on pinterest. In my feed, I saw all my usual stuff, but there was a picture of a pregnant lady in boots, which would have been what I was looking at, but not this time. I thought about it for a second, then it dawned on me. I felt the need to throw up again so ran into the bathroom and leaned over the toilet. After I brushed my teeth again, I called Tegan, asking her to bring me Gatorade and a pregnancy test. Me and her had gotten close recently, and she knows that Lachie and I were trying. She was over in 10 minutes, with my favorite flavour of Gatorade, lemonade and a pink box. "Do you think you are?" She opens the box. "I can't say yet. And I don't know how I should feel." I respond. "But you and Lachie are trying. Right?" She checks. "Yeah, but so soon." I sigh and go into the bathroom. Tegan was waiting in the kitchen when I came out. "So?" She asks. "It takes a few minutes." I explain. So, we sit down, with the test on the opposite side of the kitchen island to us. "I think it's been long enough, Ev." Tegan tells me, five minutes later. "Ok." I stutter, and excited and nervously walk to retrieve it. I didn't pick it up, I just had to glace at the little screen that had '2+ weeks.'. "Oh my God!" I laugh. "What does it say?" Tegan gets up. "2 plus weeks." I squeal. "No way! Congrats!" She hugs me. "That is crazy, we have only had sex twice since, since." I stop. "Our wedding." I gasp. On the night of our wedding was when it happened, two weeks ago. The other time was only a few days ago. "When does he get back?" Tegan asks. "A few hours." I glance at the clock on the wall. She helps me come up with a plan on how to tell him. I feel confident when she is gone, and I am an actress. "Babe?" Lachie calls when he comes in the front door. "Hey." I call from the garage. "What are you doing in here?" He laughs. "I was just pumping up the balls for you." I smile and stand to kiss him. "Why?" He asks, confused, because I would never actually do that. "Just wanted something to do." I lie. "Let me feel." He holds his hands our so I can pass him a ball. I pick up the one I had 'prepared' earlier and pass it to him. "Nice throw babe. And this is good pressure. How can you tell?" He asks. "I have held a football before." I say flatly. "Pass here." I hold my hands out and wait for it. He has a habit of spinning the ball in his hand before he throws it. I watch him turn it, and it lands right way up. In white marker, I wrote 'please don't hold or throw the baby like this, 9 months practice to...'. I watched him read it several times over and over. "Are you pregnant?" He drops the ball and I stand up. "Yeah." I nod with the biggest smile on my face. "Shut up! Are you really?" He asks in disbelief. "Mmhm." I laugh and take the test out of my back pocket. "About 2 weeks?! Oh my God, Babe!" He smiles and hugs me for a long time. "Can you believe it?" I ask him, so happy. "Not really!" He kisses me. "Isn't it insane?! Our wedding." I tell him. "That is amazing. I am so excited." He hugs me again. "Tegan brought me the test." I explain. "You knew only today?" He carefully takes the test from my hands. "Yeah. A few hours ago." I wipe a tear off his cheek. "Wow. We are having a baby." He smiles. "I think we should keep it quiet for a while. Until we tell Anna and stuff." I suggest to him. "Not too long though. And after an ultrasound." Lachie says. "Ok. Can't wait." We kiss again.