7. You're a Kendrick!

Yesterday was a lowkey Christmas eve, we went for a walk in the snow, did some last minute shopping and made cookies. Anna's brother, so, my uncle, Mike stopped in last night as well with presents for us. He is actually really funny and kind.

Anna was up before me this morning, she was singing Christmas songs, that woke me up.  "Morning babe. Merry Christmas." She smiles when she sees me open my eyes. "Merry Christmas." I yawn. "Everyone is up." She tells me. I roll over and see a framed picture of Anna as a baby. "You were so cute! What happened." I joke, but Anna is down the hall, going to the living room. I followe her but slide down the hall in my onesie and stop in front of the tree, was loaded with presents underneath it. "Merry Christmas lovey." Annas mom hugs me. "Yeah, Merry Christmas to you too." I hug her back. We spend the next hour opening presents. Annas mom and Dad got me just a ton of gift vouchers for stores and Anna got me phone cases and some jewlery. I got for Anna that I picked out secretly 1) A big order of Kraft Mac n Cheese that would be delivered to our LA home. 2)Also like she got me, a bracelet. "This Christmas has been so special, how quickly everyone has accepted me and gotten to know me is crazy. Probably one of the best Christmases ever. Anna, you have no idea how much I appreciate you." I said out loud when everyone had opened presents. "Baby that is so sweet, it sure was the best Christmas." Anna wipes away a tear and opens her arms out to me. "I made you cry!?" I ask her, surprised. "Yep. Oh, I almost forgot, there is one more thing for you. Once we get home to LA, we will officially change your last name to Kendrick." Anna beams. Now I am the one crying. "Are you serious?!" I almost yell. "Of course. I also decided that you can pick out another middle name" She tells me and pulls me onto her lap. "This is hands down, the best Christmas ever!" I exclaim.

Unfortunately, the next day we had to leave, but I was happy to be going home to LA. We said all our goodbyes, which were all very emotional then arrived at the airport. This time, we were not flying private. "Why do we always have morning flights?" I ask Anna, I was still wearing the sweatpants and sweatshirt I wore to bed last night, with my hair in a topknot. "Fewer people around, quieter, people at desks don't want to talk to you." Anna moans herself, not wanting to be at the airport at 4:30 am either. The plane was almost empty anyway and we were totally separated from everyone else, so Anna brought up some stuff. "Ok, so babe. We are actually going today to get your name changed." She takes a breath. "I came up with some middle names for you." She tells me. "I have some too," I tell her. "Ok, well I liked:" She pulls out a list on her phone. "Everleigh Claire Jade, Everleigh Claire Rose and Everleigh Claire Skye." She reads. "Oooh, I like Skye," I tell her. I take out my list. "I also have three, and one of them is somehow related to you, or something close to me, like a character. So, I have. Everleigh Claire Faye, Everleigh Claire Sage and my favorite, Everleigh Claire Noelle." I blush after saying the last one. "Everleigh Claire Noelle Kendrick. That has a nice ring to it." Anna smiles. "I thought it was nice because we just had our first Christmas together, and it will remind me of that, and the first movie set I visited with you." "Babe, that is so special. And I think that's a good one." Anna hugs me. "Noelle it is."

In less than 5 hours, we were in a completely new climate. It was still cold in LA,  but the sun was out, and there was no snow around. Anna and I had been home for about two hours, when Brittany showed up at the front door, holding a big white bag. "Merry late Christmas!' She calls. I honestly don't know what to do, we met once last week briefly, and I was crying. "Hi. Come in." I step aside. Anna skips down the stairs. "Hey, hun." Anna gives her a hug. "Listen, so we were actually about to head out. We are changing Evs' last name today." Anna tells her. "Really!? So exciting!" Britt squeals. "I just came to drop these off" She handed me the bag, inside we some presents, wrapped. "Britt, you didn't have to..." Anna starts. "Babe, don't mention it. Just a welcome back gift! Oh and Kendrick, I'm having a New Years Eve Party if you wanna join. But sorry Ev, Adults only." Britt looks sorry. "Oh yeah, I meant to reply to your text. I'll be there." Anna smiles and walks Britt to the door. We follow Britt out because we have our appointment soon. "Are you 100% positive about Noelle?" Anna doubles, triple checks with me. "110% sure," I reply. 

The whole process was really short and used a lot of words I didn't know and to be honest, I was surprised Anna knew them. Finally, at the very end, I signed my updated name 'Everleigh Claire Noelle Kendrick'. Afterwards, we went to eat at Olive Garden. "There is one thing we need to sort." Anna starts. I know what she is going to say. "School." I put the word in her mouth. "Yes, not only that, but you should do something else, like an activity." She tells me. "Ok." I muffle with a breadstick in my mouth. "I would like it if you homeschooled," Anna tells me, which surprised me. "Really? I thought you would make me go to an actual school." I say, astonished. "Only if you want to. But it would be nicer for me to have you at home, especially since people will know who you are then." I nod my head in agreement. "Is there anything, in particular, you would like to do? Dance, swim, acting?" Anna asks me next. I take a moment to think about it. "I would love to act like you. Did you know in two school shows I was the lead?" I blush a bit. "I did not know that! You should have said so!" Anna looks happy. "I was Sarah in Our House and Belle in Beauty and the Beast." I dramatically brag. "Ok then, Do you badly want to act? You can't slack off when you start." She looks at me seriously. "I would love it. I want it." I look back at her. "I will call my agent and see what we can do. One other thing, if you are homeschooling, you will need a better social life, tonight, we are going to meet some neighbors." Anna smiles slyly.