16. First time for everything...

--TWO WEEKS LATER--

With all the extra time and lying around for the past two weeks, I managed to finish double the amount of school work than I needed to. I was just finishing off an essay when Anna came into the trailer. "Hey, only a few more hours, then we can go shop..." Anna says when she walks in. "Wait I'm in the middle of a thought." I interrupt. It was an essay on Shakespeare's early work and intentions. "What are you writing?" Anna asks when I am still in thought. I don't answer. "Oh, I was never good a Shakespeare," Anna tells me, looking over my shoulder. "But I do know you spelled monumental wrong." She points it out and makes me lose my train of thought. "Ahh! Are you kidding me?" I get frustrated. "What happened?" Anna asks with a concerned look. "I said I was in a thought. Now I lost it. And it was a good idea." I say angrily. "Ok, sorry I didn't know you were thinking." Anna protests. "I told you when you came in! I said I am in the middle of a thought." I complain. "Well, I didn't hear you, I said sorry." Anna looks sad. "Sure." I muffle under my breath. "Everleigh! Don't do that. It can get you in trouble!" Anna snaps. "Do what?" I ask sassily, even though I already know. "Say stuff under your breath." I don't want this to get worse, so I go back to my essay. "Ev, listen to me! Look, at me." Anna says forcefully. I put my eyes up but not my head, which apparently looks like I rolled my eyes. "Please, do not roll your eyes, it is rude when I am talking." Anna slams down my computer lid. "Hey! I need to save it!" I start to open it again, but she closes it down again, hard. "Fuck! You closed it on my finger!" I cry. Anna walks to the other end of the trailer to breathe. "Ok, Ev, I'm sorry. I honestly did not hear you say you were in the middle of something. Truly. And I would of let you finish if I knew. I think you know that." Anna starts to apologize. I am examining my finger, which is swelling up. I stupidly squeeze it and I cry out. "Look what happened because of you!" I stand to show her my finger. "I, I didn't mean to, Ev. Stop blaming things on me." "I'm not blaming it on you, you did fucking do it!" I raise my voice louder. "Please stop yelling, I'm sure everyone around us can hear," Anna says quietly. "I wasn't yelling, I was only talking loudly." I fight back. "Ok, miss, I am done with this, this shit for now, you may wait here or walk to the hotel and I will get you later," Anna says calmly. "I would rather be home, with Lachie and Lilia and everyone else than here." I start to get louder again. "Is this what it is about, Lachie and Lilia? You are talking to him too much, more than me. I think you need a break from him." Anna looks mad. Really mad. "You are always filming!" I defend myself. "No, even at the hotel when we have time, you are talking to him." Anna looks sad. "Please, just go back to the hotel. Now. I'll see you later." Anna says flatly. I without thinking again, grab my computer and phone. I brush past Anna, slamming the door behind me.

Annas POV

As soon as the door closed, I melt to the floor and cry, horrendously. That was bad, Ev and I have never fought like that. We had never even fought before this. It is so easy to forget that I am supposed to be there for her and be on her side, be her mom. Even though we act like sisters more than anything else, it is easy to forget that. I realize I should stop crying when I wipe my tears and they are black from my makeup, and that I have to be back on set soon. I find my makeup bag and wipe off all the smudges and reapply. Ev and I were meant to go shopping later for something to wear to the wrap party tonight. At this point, she is probably not coming with me. I look at my reflection in the mirror. Right now, all I can see is regret in me. I pushed too far, and I should have stopped before the fight began. I hear Marc calling us back to set. I make a mental plan in my head for what to say to Ev when I get back. Nothing seems right. For the rest of the four hours on set, all I am thinking about is what happened. Shit, I messed things up. When the last 'cut' of the day is called, everyone claps and talks for awhile, I do, but as quickly as possible. I grab my stuff from the trailer and head back to the hotel by foot, shit, I am so unfit. And lucky me, the elevator is being cleaned in the hotel. Yay. When I (at last) get to the 6th floor, I decide, before I lose a limb, to walk to our room. I finally get the key to work and Ev is lying on her bed with all the blankets messed up. I put my bag on the bed and don't say anything. Her eyes are red all around from crying. I sit opposite her and we stay quiet for a long time, maybe 15 minutes. "Can you leave me alone. Please." Everleigh breaks the silence. "Where do I have to go?" I ask her. "Just, just don't look at me or try to talk to me. I am not in the mood." She grouches. "Neither am I, Everleigh. But just so you know, I refuse to leave Vancouver with our relationship like this." I say sternly. She doesn't answer me. I am about to say it again, but it will only make it worse. "Ok. I assume you are not in the mindset to shop, so I am going. I will pick something for you for the wrap tomorrow. Which you are coming to." I say sternly and grab my bags and go back out. 

Everleighs POV

When Anna comes through the door, I have the urge to run and hug her. But I don't. She comes and sits down across from me, for a long time. I just want her to go. "Can you leave me alone. Please." "Where do I have to go?" Anna asks, in a tone like it was a stupid question. "Just, just don't look at me or try to talk to me. I am not in the mood." I truthfully say. "Neither am I, Everleigh. But just so you know, I refuse to leave Vancouver with our relationship like this." Anna says seriously. I feel the same way. But she doesn't need to know that. "Ok, I assume you are not in the mindset to shop, so I am going. I will pick something for you for the wrap tomorrow. Which, you are coming to." Anna stands and walks out. When the door is closed, I can't help but cry until I fall asleep.