41. Relive the night!

--THREE WEEKS LATER—

--NEW YEARS EVE—

"Babe, please be safe." Anna tells me for the fifth time today. "Yes, I will be." I reassure her. "Home by 1." Anna gets serious. "I know, you told me." I sigh. "Ok. But have fun." She brushes a piece of hair behind my ear. "It wouldn't be a party if it wasn't." I smile. "Ok, my turn Be home by two, be safe, YOU cannot set off the fireworks, and don't have too much fun without me." I point my finger. "I would never." Anna pretends to be offended. "Love you." I hug her before she has to go to Britt's now annual New Year's Eve Party. "Love you to." She hugs back. I watch her pull away in the uber before I go finish getting ready. I was going with Lachie to his friend's party that was around the corner from here. Lilia was going to come, but she was already invited to another party. I had on a black way oversized jumper that had Stussy on it in gold and Anna lent me her thigh high boots. My hair was down and natural and I had on some gold eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, mascara and highlight. I just took my phone off its charger when the doorbell rang. "Coming!" I yell. Lachie was there, dressed in a white shirt with a blue and white flannel over the top and jeans. "Hey Babe. You look beautiful." He kisses me. "And you look handsome." I take his hand. We walk together around to Lachies friend, Sawyers house. I have met him once briefly before when they were leaving for the gym. "Hey guys! Nice to see you." Sawyer greets us when we arrive. "Yeah you too." I awkwardly hug him and he 'bro hugs' Lachie. "So, we got music being set up, food and drinks over there, some air hockey and foosball down there, and bathroom around the corner." He points us in all the different directions. The party was in the huge open floor basement of his house and maybe 15 people were already here, with apparently more to come. "Remind me how you know this guy?" I whisper to Lachie. "Football team like 5 years ago." He tells me and pulls me over to the drinks. "What do you want?" Lachie pours himself a diet Coke. "Chandler is bringing some real drinks later." Sawyer says as he speeds past on his Segway. "Ok. I didn't know that." I get annoyed at Lachie. "I didn't either. It will be fine." Lachie puts his arm around me. "Ok, I'll just have a Dr Pepper." He passes me the can and I pour it into a solo cup. The DJ had finally set up and started the night with the song Finesse. A while later, pizza had arrived and most people were here. I was talking with Lachie and his other friend Rory when a familiar tune came on. It took me a while to realize what it was. "Holy shit!" I squeal to myself. It was Hailee's new song she was working on. I instantly face time her. "Hey Ev! Is everything ok? Anna is fine if that's it. She came through the door and said she would only have 4 drinks." Hailee points the camera to her. She was dancing around to the music. "Yeah that's all good, and I doubt that. BUT HOLY SHIT YOUR SONG!! WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" I zoom in on my face for dramatics. "I wanted it to be a surprise! So... surprise!" Hailee cheers. "It sounds so good. Even better louder!" I start bouncing along to it and mouthing the words that I knew from hearing it so much in the studio. "But I cant believe I hadn't heard it! Or that you announced it!" I squeal. "Yeah it came out like this time last night." Hailee estimates. "Is it doing well?" I ask. "Pretty good yeah." Hailee nods. Something on her end of the line smashes and breaks. "I better go. But see you soon." Hailee says. "Congrats on the song." I smile. "Is that Hailee Stienfeld?" Sawyer comes past still on the Segway. "I'll see you later. Love you." I blow a kiss and hang up. "Yeah." I turn red. "How do you even know her? And have Hailee's number?" Sawyer talks louder making a small group form. "Umm." I look up at Lachie, not wanting to explain it. "Ev is Anna's daughter." Lachie kind of explains. "Anna who?" Sawyer crosses his arms. "Kendrick." I say proudly now, realizing that if they have a problem with that it is their fault. "Really?!" A girl asks. "You're Everleigh Kendrick?" She asks. "Yep." I shuffle my feet. "That is so cool." Sawyer gasps. "Thanks. But I hate it when people change the way they act around me." I say nervously. I remember just going to a pool a few months ago and a group of girls around my age let me in front and asked if they could do anything for. It was actually really creepy. "No nothing will change. It's just really cool." Sawyer smiles and everyone around agrees. The group slowly deformed again and then a boy carring bags of clinking bottles came in. "Chandler! Finally." Sawyer announces. "It took me ages to get out of the house. Mom kept coming back for stuff." Chandler sighs. "Well you got here. And with drinks." Sawyer cheers and some people cheer back. "Anna would fucking kill me if I had any." I tell Lachie. "You don't have to." He kisses me on the cheek and goes to 'bro hug' Chandler. Another hour passed and then people who were still there, maybe 10 sat down to play the all agreed on game, Seven Minutes in Heaven. It took me back a second to a year ago when Lachie and I did this. We all got numbers and we started. The first round wasn't anything special and nothing was for me for a while. Then, my number 8 got chosen with Sawyer. I took a deep breath. Lachie and I talked before if we should play, and we trusted each other, and I can trust myself. I pull my hand away from Lachie and follow Sawyer upstairs to a bedroom. "I thought it was supposed to be a closet." I look around. "Mom would kill me if we went into her wardrobe." Sawyer sits on the bed but I stay standing. "You like Lachie hey?" He asks. "Well, yeah we are dating. There would be a problem if we didn't." I laugh. "True. So is it cool being Anna Kendrick's daughter?" He leans back. "Definitely not normal." I joke. "I guess that's fair enough." He shrugs. For the next five minutes I just listen to him talk about football and how he wants to go to University of Georgia to play football and eventually play for the Falcons. Back downstairs, I come back and sit against Lachie, saying everything was alright. Everyone gets bored after a while so we stop the game. I go and stand with Lachie and Sawyer again. But it turns the cup I had, which I thought was mine had alcohol in it and my mind hadn't registered that until I took a big sip. "Gaahh!" I spill the rest of the drink down my front when I realized. "Did you forget how to drink or something?" Sawyer laughs. "I thought this was mine." I wipe my chin and starting to smell the drink on me. "You a mammas girl?" He folds his arms again. "I would probably die where I stood if I had alcohol." I tell him. "Doesn't she like to drink?" He raises an eyebrow, which makes me a bit uncomfortable. "Well she can drink, like can legally drink." I say awkwardly. Sawyer was about to say something but then he got called away.

At 12:30 Lachie and I decided to walk back home. "Did you have fun tonight?" He takes my hand walking up the stairs to my house. "Yes I did. Thank you for taking me." I smile. "Don't listen to Sawyer about the drinking comment." He rolls his eyes. "Wasn't planning on it." I go up on my tip toes, even in heels, to kiss him until he had to go. Anna wasn't going to be home until around 2 so I went and got changed and put the jumper I was wearing in the wash. I tried to wait up for Anna, but I ended up falling asleep in her bed anyways watching Keeping Up.