53. 11-year-old dreams coming true

Before I left, I had to look everywhere for my script. I went through my bag twice and Annas bag and our carry-ons. I thought I had lost it when I saw it on the vanity. Wow. Go me. Paparazzi was up early too. I put my sunglasses on and quietly exited the hotel, trying not to cause a scene. One or two guys ended up following me all the way to the stage where the read was. The security guard shooed them away when I arrived and directed me to the room where it would be. I had to go down long hallways to finally find it. The door was open so I cautiously went in. "Everleigh! Good to see you." Steve stands up when he sees me. "You too! Thank you for this again." I hesitantly hug him. "This role is perfect for you." He smiles. "Thank you." I say hello to everyone else in the cast, and it was cool because they were all so different, which was what the movie was about. He takes me to my seat. "I'm glad you are here now because I need you to do something." He sits next to me. "Of course." I say enthusiastically. "So, I know that in your script toward the end when you get serious with Chloe, that it is scripted, but I would love it for you to improv that." He looks at me seriously. "I can do that." I perk up. "And you understand the meaning of the movie well?" He checks. "Yes. I do." I look at him. He was about to answer when Shailene came in. "Shailene!" Steve stands up. They talk for a while and then introduces me. "Hi, Shailene." I smile. "Nice to meet you, Ev." She hugs me. "I saw Doors of Silk yesterday, it was so good." She compliments. "Thank you so much!" I answer. Steve then gets everyone's attention to start. "Welcome everyone, thank you for all making it to the table read for The Skinny White Overrule." Everyone claps. We get right into it after that. The movie is about Shailene's character Chloe, who owns a business that sells controversial and stereotypical products with advertisement like that too, for a typical skinny white girl. Her family is well known in their state for business and because of this get hate, including 16-year-old sister Candice. Because it is the 21st century and this should not be as big a problem as it is, the public gets involved to shut it down. Chole refuses. Candice knows it is bad and must stop her. It sounds typical, but it according to Steve is going to be a big movie and is highly anticipated with high hopes we have to make it great. "Shae, Ev. Can you hang back?" Steve asks after the table read. He waits for everyone to go. "I hope you two don't have plans today. You two are bonding. At the aquarium, right now." He holds up two tickets. Shailene and I look at each other. "Ok yeah." Shailene agrees. "Yeah sure." I shrug. Shailene takes the tickets from him and we leave together. "See you tomorrow." Steve calls as we leave. "You're in the hotel over there, right?" Shailene points down the road. "Yep. I'll just tell my mom." I take my phone out. "I guess I'll call an Uber." She takes out hers. "Hey Anna, Steve sent me and Shailene to the aquarium. We are taking an Uber. See you later." I left her a message because she was probably still asleep. I walked with Shailene a few blocks down where the Uber was meeting us. "Ok. I cried in the movie." Shailene admits. "You did!? Aww, Shailene!" I pout. "It was so sweet. And call me Shae." She tells me.

The aquarium was packed with toddlers everywhere so Shae and I stood out. "Why the aquarium?" We stand in front of a fish tank, listening to screaming and squeals behind us. "We should go to the dolphin show!" I look at the pamphlet. "Ok let's go." Shae was ready to leave the screams behind. She was also stopped several times by moms who recognized her from Big Little Lies and by some girls for TFIOS, and Divergent. "You know Divergent was like my life when I was 11," I confess to Shae. "It was everyone's." She laughs. "I had two of each book, and still have the movies on iTunes." I laugh at myself. "Damn. That is commitment." She looks impressed. "So I saw your Ellen interview, congratulations. But tell me about this boyfriend. I saw him on your Instagram." Shae smirks. "Really?! Ok fine. His name is Lachie." I tell her. "You guys are so cute. How long?" She asks. I decide to explain to her about how we were together but broke up on my birthday last year but are back together and have been for 10 months but technically a year and three months. "That is a good and long story." Shae agrees as we sit down at the back of the arena for the show. I put it on my Instagram story for part of it as well. When it was over, we went to get food for lunch. We both got a salad. "This is actually really good for aquarium food." Shae states. "What is your favorite salad?" I ask, just to make conversation. "Chicken Ceaser." She says. "Potato salad is the best," I argue. "Oooh I agree. But why are we talking about this?" Shae asks. "No idea." I laugh. Once we are done, we walk around for a while longer talking about ourselves and random stuff. This time I call an Uber to take us back to the hotel at 7. We found out that our rooms were 4 rooms down from each other when we got there. "Hey Anna," I say when I finally get the key card to work. "Hey love. How was it?" She asks. She was in bed but in new clothes on. "Fun." I flop onto my bed. "What are you watching?" I ask. "Dude I don't even know, some messed up Canadian show." She doesn't look away. "You seem to like it." I stare from her to the TV. "It's like housewives, you shouldn't watch it but it is addicting," Anna says flatly. "So, are you ready for tomorrow?" She asks when a commercial break starts. "Yep. Steve wants me to improv a scene too." I tell her. "You seem nervous." Anna sits up. "It's just a big scene. It could make or break the movie according to him." I sigh. "That is a huge job. I can help you." She offers. "Thanks. I don't know when it is being shot but yeah." I go into the bathroom. "No! I'm showering first remember!" I hear Anna ruffle around to come into the bathroom. "Ok fine." I sigh and let her in.

"Babe you should get some sleep. Big day tomorrow. For the next four months." Anna tells me at 12 am. We were watching Game Of Thrones. "Ok. Love you." I roll over, saying goodnight. "Love you." She whispers.