23. Practice makes perfect

Anna has locked me in my room for 20 minutes while she gets something together. I am scared of what she can do. Before she left I kept asking but she kept quiet. To kill time, I have downloaded all the recordings of me at the studio with Hailee to my computer and put them into files. Just as the last one had finished, Anna came back in. "Finally." I sigh. "Miss Kendrick." She says very seriously. I get up from my chair and cautiously follow her downstairs. I see that all the furniture has been rearranged. Anna hands me my resume that we worked on and somewhat of a headshot that was taken. "What is happening?" I ask, still confused. Anna doesn't respond and just escorts me around the corner, where Britt, Hailee, Anna Camp, Skylar Austin and Rebel Wilson are sitting at the dining table, looking very official. "What the fuck is happening?" I ask, really puzzled. "You do not use that language in an audition, unless in the script." Anna snaps. Then it hit me, this was my audition practice in front of more people. Well played Anna. She goes and sits in an empty chair. "May we please have your resume," Britt asks. I still confused, go hand it to her. That's what Anna was doing, she moved the dining table where the TV normally is and the couch is further back behind me. Everyone behind the table glances at it. "So, Everleigh. How old are you?" Skylar asks. "14. And will be 15 on May 1st." I answer, standing straight. I notice a camera next to Anna. Is she seriously recording this? My God. "How tall are you?" Anna asks, and can't help but smirk. I glare at her. "5 foot." I stare at her. "And have you achieved puberty?" Anna laughs, making everyone else. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I sass back. "You do not use that language." Rebel says forcefully. I can't take her seriously with a blazer and bow tie, even though we haven't met. "Are you ready to begin?" Anna Camp asks me. "Yes." I smile. Still weirded out. "We will do scenes 27, 33, 34, 37, 42 and 48." Anna Kendrick tells me. I open to the first scene. I know I can read, but should as little as possible. Anna reads the Louise parts, Hailee reads a boy named Milo, Skylar reads John who I guess is my dad, Anna Camp reads Jenny, my mom, Rebel reads the small part of Zoe, my friend and Britt watches. I read, of course, Bellas part. For a practice, it goes really well. I remember the facial expression, pauses, tone, movement, things like that. When we finished the last scene, Rebel asked me "Everleigh Claire Noelle Kendrick. Can you improv with me?" She asks in a deep voice. Everyone at the table looks at her like 'what the hell?' "Um, sure. What is the scene?" I stand there awkwardly. "Ummm, you are planning to rob the Fat Dingo Bitch, with Kesha." Rebel says with a straight face, but everyone else cracks up laughing hysterically. "Rebel, this, is, not, necessary. Thank, you, Ever, Leigh." Anna laughs through the words. I can't help but laugh too. "Ok thanks." Is all I think to say. I wait for them to all stop laughing and Anna stops the camera. "How was that?" Hailee asks. "It was fine. Also really strange at first." I tell them. "Anyways, it's nice to meet you Everleigh!" Rebel stands up and gives me a hug. "Yeah you too, Rebel. And Anna and Skylar." I hug Anna and shake Skylar's hand. "So, I'll send that to Lisa and she will assess with you tomorrow." Anna stands from her chair. "Ok, all y'all are helping me put this shit back." She points to everything that has moved. It took us like 10 minutes to get it back to normal. "Pizza on us?" Skylar offers, holding Anna Camps hand. Everyone agrees. "So, Ev are you less nervous for your audition now, that you know what it is like?" Britt asks. "I think so. Have you all auditioned like that?" I ask everyone in general, they all nodded. "Who are the people who you audition for?" I ask out loud. "Normally the producer, director, the production company and sometimes a cast member to read with." Britt answers my question. "You mean, I could be auditioning in front of Jennifer Lawrence?!" I squeal. "Possibly." Anna starts to pour glasses of coke for everyone. "Was there anything I could actually improve on, coming from you guys?" I ask, not sure how they will answer. "It was overall amazing, but there could be more, reality brought into it." Rebel critiques. "You can't just spring that on her." Anna Camp tells Rebel. "No, I think I know what she means. Like, the scenes at this point can't feel 100% real, so I went further than I needed to to make it real." I explain, hoping I'm right. "Exactly, sometimes not until you get to set the situation can seem believable, then you know how much 'acting' to put into it." Anna slides me a glass over the counter. "It also depends on the energy of the other actors, how they make the character seem." Britt adds on. "That makes sense. Thank you, guys. I feel so much better now." I smile, connect music to the speaker and blast The Spice Girls. Pizza came shortly afterward and we all played charades, except Anna Camp and Skylar had to leave. In the middle of my turn, what sounded like Most Girls started playing, but it wasn't Hailee singing. I had to stop and figure out who was singing because apparently everyone else knew. Anna had her phone on me when I figured out, it was my recording. It was edited and sounded professional. I stood there and wasn't sure what to do, laugh or act like it was no big deal. "Ok, who did this?!" I squeal, still a bit confused. "I had some time." Hailee smiled. "Shut up! No way this is too cool." I kind of scream and am filled with emotion. "Is it cool?" Anna asks with the phone still pointed at me, and who looks like she is about to cry. "This is so cool." I laugh. "Thanks, Hailee." I go hug her. "It was too good to just leave it." She hugs back. "I still don't know how to feel." I sit down next to Anna. "And, my producer said, when I played it to him, that you have potential." Hailee looked down the couch at me. I didn't know how to react to that, I just buried my face in Annas' chest and squealed. For some reason, now I feel like I am going to have a good shot at this movie....

A/N- Hi!

Do you guys think every second day to update the story?