80. Welcome to the world

"Only three more and then you are good." Maya smiles at me. She had just come in to check up on me, and Lachie texted while she was, saying he was finally home in LA. "How are you feeling now?" Anna sits on the edge of the bed. "Tired. What' s the time?" I yawn. "4 am." Anna yawns back. "Mmmmm." I throw my head back as a strong contraction starts. "Just breathe. He'll be here soon." Anna holds my hand. "Oh my God, Ev!" Lachie comes through the door with all his bags in hand. "Speak of the devil." Anna laughs. "Hey." I try to smile through the throbbing. He drops everything and bends down to kiss me for a long time. "I can't believe this happened." Lachie tucks some of my hair behind my ear. "Yeah. You have, shit timing." I smile and sit up to kiss him. "So, what have I missed?" He sighs, and goes to hug Anna. "I'm at a 7 now." I point to the monitor that I was hooked up to. "You look so tired, babe. Have you had any sleep?" He asks. "Thank you, I'll take it as a compliment. And no sleep at all. She's kicking everywhere." I complain. "I'm sorry." He pouts. "Don't be. And it will be worth it." I smile. "So worth it." He comes and lies next to me. I manage to fall asleep with him next to me for a solid hour and a half. But I get woken up with maybe 5 nurses in the room. "What the fuck is happening?" I sit up, scared of what is happening. "Babe, calm down." Lachie comes over to my side. "Don't tell me to calm down!" I snap at him. "Where is Anna?" I try to lift my head to look around, but a new nurse puts a cloth on my forehead. "She went downstairs. But Babe, your temperature has gone up lots." He strokes my hair. "I feel fine." I tell him, getting slightly stressed out. "Babe, your face is red hot and sweat is everywhere." He tells me. I run my hand across my boobs and I am all sticky. They have untied the bows on my gown so my big tummy is exposed. "When did they come in?" I ask. "Maybe 5 minutes ago." He smiles. "Should I be worried?" I say louder. "Just relax. It has gone down slightly." A nurse tells me. "You are at a 9, so if you cool down by 10 you can push. But if not, we may need an alternate." Maya tells me.

I was hooked up to a new monitor for the next 45 minutes, so I could watch my temperature go down as my contractions got intense. Anna was back, with two bags that she wouldn't let me see what was in them. "Ok! Its time Ev!" Maya comes back in, examining the monitor. Another nurse follows her in, who I assume is helping her. Just as a strong ass contraction started, they helped me 'get ready'. "Babe." I hold my hand out to Lachies. Now I was getting scared and nervous. "Babe you're shaking." He grasps my hand. "I'm sc, scared." I quiver. "Don't be. You have done well hun. Best is yet to come." He whispers. "Love you." I turn my head to him. "Love you more." He says. "Ok Miss Kendrick, on your call." Maya smiles, preparing me. I take a deep breath before breaking down in tears. "I can't do it." I bawl. "What do you mean?" Lachie takes me in his arms. "I am so scared." I whisper. "I am too." He tells me. "You're not the one pushing a human out of your body." I sass. "I know that. And I also know how brave and strong you are, and I know you can do it." He says. "You have to say that because you're married to me." I pout, which makes everyone laugh. "Why do you put yourself down like this? You never do. You go out on red fucking carpets in new looks no one has seen before, look like a boss and you are scared of what?" He smiles. "What's the worst that can happen?" I ask. "Nothing. The best thing though is our little girl. That I can't wait any longer to meet so hurry up." He jokes. After his little pep talk, I finally get my shit together and am ready for my baby. "Ready?" Lachie squeezes my hand harder. I nod a shut my eyes as Maya starts to count down from 10. "6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." I hold my breath and push the best I can. I breathe out when she gets to one. She keeps going on counting after short breaks maybe 7 more times. "Ok, Ev, just one more." She tells me. At this point I had black tears rolling down my face from my mascara, my hair was a mess and Anna was holding my other hand. "Keep going Ev! One more. You are so close baby." Anna wipes tears off my cheeks. "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." I hold my breath for the last 10 seconds. I can hear quiet screams and people rushing around. The screaming gets louder as I open my eyes and she is placed on my chest. "Oh my God." I sigh, still crying. "Oh my god." I whisper and cradle small head. Anna has to wipe the rest of my tears so I can see her clearer. "She is gorgeous babe." Lachie kisses me on the forehead. She has such a small body, and her head is covered in light brown hair, but her eyes were still shut so we don't know what color they are yet, except some shade of blue. I get to hold her for five more minutes, until she is taken away to be weighed and measured. "May 10, 7:18 am. 5.7 Lbs babe. That's a small baby." Lachie says. "Is she ok?" I want to sit up, but my body won't let me from exhaustion. "Perfectly fine love, we are just going to take her to run some tests, nothing appears to be wrong, only because she is so early." Maya reassures me. I just remember nodding off to sleep. I wake up maybe an hour later, looking at Lachie, holding the baby in his arms at the end of my bed. "Hey babe." He smiles when he sees me. "Hi." I yawn as he stands up to come to my side. He passes me our baby girl. She looks straight up at me with her light blue eyes, just like Lachies. She has mine and Annas little nose too. "She is stunning, isn't she? Look what we made." Lachie puts his arm on my shoulder. "Where's An...?" I start to ask, but I notice her in the corner, asleep. "While she is not paying attention, we should really start thinking of names." I tell Lachie. "None still work for me." He sighs. "Same. I think when we hear it or find it, we will know." I say. "And it needs meaning to us." Lachie adds. "Yeah, I know. It will." I tell him. "Oh, hey Ev." Anna stands up. "Hey." I smile, but looking deeply into the baby's eyes. "Babe, here." Anna takes one of the bags she had earlier and hands it to me. I pass her the baby girl and open the bag. It was a light pink fluffy elephant. "Aww thank you." I smile. "It will be here teddy. Her special one." Anna tells me seriously. "Yes sir." I nod. Lachie gets up and gets the other bag. "This, was your push present." He smiles and passes me the other bag. There was a smaller box inside it. There were two chains with rose gold circles and on the circles were diamond stones in a formation. "Wow. These are stunning." I gasp. "The diamonds is the Taurus constellation, because she is a Taurus." He informs me. "I didn't think about that. Thank you." I kiss him on the lips. He takes the chains out of the box, I didn't notice before, but one of the circles are smaller. "One for you, one for her." He smiles. "I love that! You are just the sweetest." I take the bigger one and put it around my neck. 

A/N

If anyone can guess one of the names for the baby (first or middle), I'll give you a shout out in the next chapter. 

Heres a clue: they both include a part of the parents and grandparents name too... 

have fun! 

x