76. Decorating fest

"Ok, see you there." I hang up the phone. I was just talking to Maddie, who Lachie and I were meeting at buy buy Baby, then all around to get everything for the baby room. "Lachie, we got to go babe!" I yell from downstairs. "Lachie!" I yell again to check he heard me from upstairs. "Coming!" He calls back. I make myself some herbal tea while I wait for him to come down. When he does, his fly is down. "Yeah, um babe. Your zipper..." I smirk. "Oh crap. Thanks babe." He zips it up and smoothly walks past me, kissing me. "Maddie is meeting us there." I tell him. "Do we have any Oreos left?" He opens the pantry. "Yeah, top left. Some for me please!" I add on. He just brings the whole pack of them to the car. By the time we arrive at buy buy Baby, half of them are gone. Maddie was waiting for us out the front door. I had on my biggest black sunglasses I owned and a baseball cap. "If anything, they will think we are shopping for Kalani." Maddie greets us. Her friend, Kalani who I had met a few times was pregnant too. "Let's do it!" I get enthusiastic, and I can tell Lachie was already regretting coming along. I had alredy talked about colours for the room with Maddie, we were keeping the walls light grey and the colour palette is going to be grey, white, pink, and rose gold. The first thing we looked for, was a crib. They were all so different with different features, but Lachie couldn't tell anything apart from them and just chose a random one. "Babe, this one is deeper, but this design is better." I try to explain to him, but he couldn't care less about a crib, that won't even be his. At last, I chose a simple but pretty white one. "That one looks the same as all the other fucking white ones!" Lachie claps when he sees the one I chose. "Ok fine. You go chose out something rose gold, that can be decoration. An accent." I tell him, to keep him busy. He just nods and slowly turns away. "Men." Maddie laughs. "Ok, so what next?" I look around. "How about your changing table? I saw one to match." She suggests. It was a set with the crib, so it was easy to choose. The next thing was a rug. Maddie found I light grey fluffy one. On our way to pick a high chair and bouncer, we crossed paths with Lachie, who had a sparkly rose gold bean bag in his arms. "That is adorable!" I take it from him. "I knew it!" He fist pumps. "Ok, what next?" He asks eagerly. I look at Maddie, shocked. "Oh, ok. Umm. We need just basic mommy stuff. Like a carrier and oh, sheets." Maddie tells him. "What color then?" He asks, ready to go. "Black carrier, and light pink or white sheets. Maybe with dots or arrows?" I give him options. He turns and heads for the bed stuff. "Oh my God." I laugh when he is gone. "That was so weird. Anyway, highchair." Maddie turns left. I had three top highchairs 20 minutes later. Lachie came back while I was deciding with a black carrier and light grey sheets with pink triangles on them. "These are so cute!" I gush over them. "They didn't have dots or arrows." He tells me. "These are cuter. But I need your opinion." I point to the three chairs. "That one." He points to the white and grey one. "Why?" I turn my head to look at it sideways. "It matches the marble in the kitchen." He smiles. "Ok designer. Ok." I nod, agreeing with him. "Ok, what next?" He asks again. "Come with us for strollers." Maddie offers, which he was open to. Around the corner, was masses of strollers and capsules to choose from, but it was easy, because only so many matched the 'aesthetic' I was going for. There was only one that matched, dark grey with light pink accent and it was the newest design with both the car seat/capsule and stroller. We walked around the store for maybe another hour, with Lachie constantly asking if we needed an item. We had gotten a rocker, some room accessories and toys, swaddles, pacifiers and a collection of adorable clothes. "Ooh, a breast pump." Maddie says at last minute. "Yeah, um, I'll wait for you at the checkout." Lachie turns the cart around. I was still really early in my pregnancy, about 3 and a half months now, but because I was away filming for a few more months, and Lachie has football, we were doing all of this today, since we don't have much time otherwise. In the end, we decided to get that another day, so caught up with Lachie at the checkout. We ended up having to load Maddie's car too with all the stuff to get back to my house. We had already prepped one room for the baby, we moved the bed that was in there downstairs to the other bedroom and I had to clear all my extra clothes from the wardrobe. Maddie and I left it to Lachie to assemble the crib while we baked cookies. Around an hour later, we came back upstairs to see the crib and changing table assembled. "Nice work babe." I hive five him as he takes a cookie. Next, we put all the small stuff, like pacifiers into the drawers of the changing table and lay out the rug and bean bag. When we have put the clothes, we bought away into the wardrobe, I invited Maddie to stay for dinner and we can sit in the hot tub for a while. I lent Maddie a bikini, my favourite black one that doesn't fit me right now and Lachie joined us in the spa. "Thank you so much for everything, Mads." I smile. It was so much fun! I'll look out for anything that matches for you guys." She tells me. "Aww that is so sweet." I say. "I don't know what the shopping is like in Maine, and you probably don't want to bring anything back with you." She says. "Yeah I guess so. I am away for like, five more months." I remind myself. "Aw babe. I'll miss you." Lachie pouts. "Me too. Tegan will be there and Anna is coming up later though. And well talk every day." I tell him. "Ok, so Taco Bell anyone?" I break out of our sweet moment. "Yas!" Maddie cheers in agreement.