17. Mending

"Everleigh. Wake up." Anna gently shakes me. I am about to smile, but I remembered yesterday. I roll over so my back is to her. "Ok, fine. We have to go to set in half an hour so please get ready." Anna says. I don't reply. "You are coming." She says seriously. "Fine. I have an entire essay to re-write anyway." I growl and roll out of the bed. I put on sweatpants and an oversized jumper. Outside the hotel, a few men with cameras are waiting for Anna. They follow us the entire way to set and stop when they can't get past the gate. Anna goes to hair and makeup, I sit in her trailer and take out my laptop. Before I (restart) my essay, I go through twitter. There are paparazzi photos of Anna walking to the hotel crying from last night. It kind of makes me feel bad. Then I see that Lilia is FaceTiming me. "Hey. I look a mess." I groan. "It's fine. When are you home again?" She asks, the third time this week. "Tomorrow night." I yawn, realizing it is only 8:30. "Teddy keeps asking about Anna, is she around?" Lilia asks. "Why is he?" "Not sure. He said he likes her cuddles." Lilia rolls her eyes. "They are the best!" Teddy comes into frame. "You are not wrong, Teddy. But she has to get ready right now." I tell him. "Ok." We talk for a bit longer, but then she has to go. Just as we hung up, Anna comes in so I pretend to look busy. "Do you seriously have to rewrite 1500 words?" Anna asks in disbelief. Just as she says that my screen turns on, with the essay still there. "Oh Thank God." I sigh. "It is still here," I tell her with no expression. "Ok, so there was no need for 'that' was there?" Anna says smartly. "My finger is purple now." I show her my fat ass finger. "Well, did you ice it?" Anna asks. "Where is there ice?" I respond. "The hotel, here..." She lists. "Oh sorry, I didn't know," I say sassily. Anna is about to fight back, but doesn't and leaves the trailer. I have to wait four hours until Anna is back. In that time, I manage to create a static image for school, paint my nails (twice), organize Anna's vanity, alphabetize my phone apps and finish How to get away with Murder. "Only two more hours!" Anna cheers, coming into the room. "What time is the party?" I ask, not looking away from the screen. "6." Anna sits next to me. "We have to change lots for the next scenes. And I would like you to come." Anna sips on her water. "Sure." Is all I say. "We are skating and Marc needs an extra." Anna puts her hand on top of mine. I guess I should pause the show, so I do. "Ok. I'll do it. And, I am really sorry." I say guiltily. "No, I am sorry baby. I think we both overreacted and we just pushed too far." Anna looks at me. "I think so too. That essay wasn't due until two weeks anyway." I laugh. "Ok good, I felt so bad after." Anna sighs. "I feel bad for everything." I look down. "Babe, so do I. Do you think we can forget this and move on?" Anna takes my hands. "Yes. I hate holding grudges. Even though I am good at it." I put my nose up. "We are the same person, I swear." Anna pulls me into a hug. "Just so you know, I have to push you over." Anna looks pleased with herself. "What, for the scene? Ok." I shrug. "You have no idea how excited I am." Anna cheekily smiles. "We have to go, we are taking a golf cart down."

Once I have my skates on and Anna has hers, Marc comes over to us and walks us through. I basically just have to skate around and let Anna push me out of the way. Also, since I had on sweatpants and an oversized jumper on, Anna gave me her clothes she wore to set this morning, and which we found out are practically the same size. 'Action' Was called and everything started moving. I went around the rink a few times then Anna had to come up behind me and push me to the side the keep skating. We had to do it multiple times and Anna was clearly having a blast pushing me around. Finally, after about the 23rd take (that's what it felt like...), the director called "And that's a wrap!" Everyone cheered and hugged one another while I just watched. After a while, Anna glided over to me. "Hey Babe, let's get back to the hotel, I thought we could head to the spa? Get a massage before the wrap party?" Anna suggests. "That, that is your best idea yet, let's go" I pull her behind me off the ice. Anna treats us to back massages which were a m a z i n g. "If this is you still feeling bad, apology accepted." I melt my words as we are getting them. "Think what you wanna, babe."

Back in the hotel room, we have a couple hours until we have to go. Anna comes out with a bag. "This was what I got for you yesterday." She takes out a beautiful beige short dress, with gold/rose gold swirl designs all over it, and it had a high neck. I gasped when she showed me. "These are the shoes." She takes out rose gold heels that were strappy. "This is incredible! Thank You!" I run into her arms. "Babe, I didn't actually buy this for you, I brought it here from home." Anna starts. "I thought this would look stunning on you. It is what I wore to the first Pitch Perfect premiere." Anna smiles. "Are you for real? No way!" I exclaim, out of my mind. "Yep. It is yours now. For special events." She strokes my hair. "Does tonight even count? Like, it is a party, for you and the cast." I wonder out loud. "You don't have to wear it," Anna tells me. "Well, what can I wear? I don't have any dresses here right now." I look around. "Well, I did go shopping and did find some super cute things... For us to share." Anna takes another pile of clothes out and lays them on the bed. After some debate over a pair of shoes and a skirt, we finally have put an outfit together. Anna has a black and white chevron skirt with a baby blue silk singlet and white heels. I am wearing a white off the shoulder top with black high waisted shorts and black ankle boots. We had a long time to do hair and makeup still. Anna put her hair in a top knot and I curled the ends of mine and left it out. By the time we had finished our makeup, it was time to go downstairs. The party was in the convention center at the hotel, where all the cast and crew were staying anyways. Throughout the party, I kind of just hung around the back and was on my phone and Anna would always check up on me. "Hey, we need to take a photo." Anna bounces to the music. "Ok, who?" I stand from the chair I was on. "Hang on." Anna goes and grabs a man who I have seen working behind the camera. He takes some of us and hands me back my phone. "These look nice." Anna looks over my shoulder. "Yep, I'll send them to you," I tell her, just as she is summoned back into the crowd.

A/N hi !
What do you think so far? X