36. The happiest place on earth

Anna comes in and jumps on me at 6 am. "What do you want?" I groan. "Get up and you'll find out where we're headed." She says enthusiastically, which was probably the only thing to get me out of bed. I follow Anna downstairs where she had breakfast made. "You can seriously still get up to make food this early?" I rub my eyes. "Nope, still a struggle." Anna yawns. The pancakes she made had whipped cream on top and in between, so I devoured them in minutes. "Is this a new plate?" I ask with my mouthful. "Yeah." Anna smiles. As I stabbed the last piece of pancake with my fork, in the middle of the plate was a thin outline of Mickey Mouses head. "When did you get it?" I ask, trying to savor the last bite. "Disney store," Anna tells me. "Why?" I ask. "It was a free gift thingy with these." She gets out from a drawer a pair of Disney's Minnie ears. "Ok, but why?" I am really confused. "Are you fucking serious?!" Anna hands me the ears. "What?" I am still confused. "Ok, think really hard. Why did you get DISNEY ears?" Anna hints. Then I start to laugh at myself. "Are we going to Disney?! Oh my God I am actually freaking out." I crack up. "Yeah, no shit!" Anna jokes. "I am so dumb." I sigh to myself. "You haven't been so I was like, why not?" Anna shrugs. "Thank you!" I get up and hug her. "I'm 15 and am freaking out over Disneyland." I laugh. "It will be so fun. Jax is meeting us there." Anna takes the plate. "Jax?" I question. "Security. Jeeeze you have the memory of a goldfish." Anna rolls her eyes. "Oh right." I am still laughing at myself.

An hour later, we were both ready to go. I had on ripped denim shorts, a shirt I had that said VOGUE and some Disney villains on it, black converse and I put my hair in a top knot. Anna was also wearing denim shorts, a shirt I got her for her birthday that said 'my princess name is Taco Belle', white converse and I did her hair in two dutch braids for her. Anna had forgotten her sunglasses, so she had to run back upstairs. While I was waiting for her to come back, Lachlan and Lilia came outside the front of their house, getting ready to go out somewhere. It was so awkward when they both saw me. Lilia gave me a sympathetic smile and all Lachlan managed to do was look me up and down, glaring. It felt like forever until Anna finally came back. "You know, you should start learning to drive. You'll be 16 real soon." Anna unlocked the car. "Yeah," I say, still looking at Lachlan. The car ride there, I was blasting Disney songs through the speakers. 'On the steps of the Palace' from Into The Woods came on, Anna begged me to turn it off but I wouldn't, and I made her do it all the way through. She did actually get into it and killed it too. The drive was like an hour and a half, and at one point, Anna had to pull over at a 7 eleven to recover from laughing so hard; I apparently have a great Sebastian the crab and Ursula impression. "Ok, ok I have to pee." Anna giggles and gets out of the car. She comes back, still laughing. "The guy who worked there looked at me like I was a hypocrite." She smiles. "Can we play it again?" I ask. "Oh my God hell yes." Anna finds it. I do my Sebastian impression to Under the Sea again and Anna snapchats it, but it was harder to hear me from Anna laughing too much in the background. The Beauty and the Beast playlist comes on, and Anna and I sing every word perfectly by heart. Not long after, we get to Disney. We found Jax by the entrance where we said to meet and after waiting in a hell of a long line, we got in. "Jax, you are our unofficial photographer for the day too." Anna hands him her phone. We went up and down the main street first, where we met some characters like Mickey and Pluto. The first ride we went on was Space Mountain, which I loved while being scared for my life at the same time. We did the BuzzLight Year blaster game, but Anna beat me. It was mostly pre-schoolers, so only some people cared that Anna was there and asked for photos. We were in line for Indiana Jones when Anna challenges me. "Hey, I dare you to go on Indiana Jones without flinching or screaming." She smirks. "That's not fair! I haven't been on it, you have." I complain. "Do it. It's not that bad. If you flinch, you buy us lemonade. If you don't I'll buy it." She proposes to me. "Ok fine. Then I get to challenge you to something." I cross my arms. "What?" Anna crosses her arms too. I have to think for a second until I think of the perfect one. "You go on Its a Small World, without singing." That was the best one ever because, in the car, she knew every single word like the back of her hand and expressed how much she loved this song. Her face dropped. "Oooh, I hate you! But challenge accepted." She raises an eyebrow. "If you sing, dance or move along, you are buying pretzels," I remember seeing the Mickey-shaped pretzels earlier. "Ok done." Anna shakes on it. I was going well on Indiana Jones until I noticed a fake snake on the wall. "Oh shit!" I gasp when I saw it. Anna laughs. "I win. You're buying lemonade." She teases. I take a moment to recover from my scare, I cannot do snakes, they are probably my biggest fear. Anna dragged me to get lemonade as soon as the ride was over and then we headed over to It's a Small World. "You nervous?" I ask, noticing her fiddling with her hands. "I'm trying not to think of the fucking song," Anna says through her teeth. "I feel a pretzel coming on." I joke. We finally get into our little boat and she tries to distract herself by taking photos and selfies of us. Just to make it harder, I sang it as loud as I could, to rub it in her face. "It's a small, small world." Anna eventually manages to sing while she is snapchatting it. "Ahhh! Fuck me." She complains. Once we get off the ride, it is my turn to drag Anna to get a pretzel. "Ok, we drew. Where to next?" She asks, taking a bite of her pretzel. "How about the Haunted Mansion?" I suggest. "Sounds good." We link arm in arm and find our way there. 

"That wasn't even scary." I roll my eyes, coming out of the Mansion. "Yeah, well kids go on it so it can't be too scary. Splash Mountian next?" Anna points in that direction. "Let's go."                            Once Splash Mountain is over, we have time for Pirates of the Carribean,  Big Thunder Mountain, The Matterhorn, and Star Tours. We both we posting on Instagram and snapchat throughout the day. When it was getting dark, we made our way to see the fireworks, which were incredible. The last thing I remembered of today was falling asleep in the car to Can you feel the Love Tonight.