78. Becoming a grandma

--TWO AND HALF MONTHS LATER—

"So, how far are you now?" That was the reporters first question, like all the others. "Eight months next week." I fake smile, after the fourth time saying that tonight, and I was barely even on the red carpet yet. "Well you look incredible, what is it you are wearing?" She smiles. "Thank you, this is Calvin Klein." I rest my hands on my belly. I was wearing a lilac purple basic but elegant dress with white heels, hair in a ponytail to the premiere of my movie, 'The Superior' with Jessica Chastain. "And are you excited or getting nervous for the baby?" She holds the mic way too close to me. "A bit of both, yeah. I have had so much support from everybody, fans have been incredible too." I tell her. "Do you ever think about, being 22 about how this can change your life?" Her eyes widen. "Yeah, I just turned 22 yesterday. But, totally I know it can change my life. It will turn it around. And before you ask, I have no plans on rethinking or altering my career, Lachie and I have it worked out so the three of us are happy." I explain. "So, do you and Lachie have any names in mind or have settled on one yet?" She raises her eyebrows. "Well, funny story, he has his heart set on her being Jess. But I can't do it because of the movie with Jessica Chastain, and Anna was Jessica in Twilight. It just is, weird I guess. And we have some names, but nothing official" I laugh. "Fair enough. But have you seen the requests from people online?" She asks. "If you mean rumours, yeah." I correct her. "We are not calling her anything related to food." I smile. There were articles everywhere that we were calling her something ridiculous related to tacos or something. "So, you do have a name?" She asks, trying to get an answer. "Like I said before," I get a bit frustrated with her now. "We have some names, but none of them are really working between the both of us." I fake smile more. I feel Lisa, who was with me on the carpet to manage my interviews and things, tap me on the back, telling me to wrap it up. "Well, good luck finding the name, we can't wait to hear it and congratulations on the movie." She tells me. "Thank you." I nod and follow Lisa to the next three interviews, who all basically asked me the same questions. Finally, I got to the actual red carpet with just photos until the end. At the after party, the alcohol had never looked so tempting, but Lisa held me back.

"Happy Birthday part two/early birthday to baby!" Anna bursts through the front door the next day. She had a white copper basket on her hip, filled to the brim with stuffed animals. "Oh my god." My mouth drops. "Why?!" I slouch over on the couch. "What?! You don't have any yet." She puts it in front of me. "And I won't need any ever again." I sigh and laugh, going through them all. It was filled with bunnies, teddies, dogs, cats and a tiger. "You will thank me later. Some upstairs, downstairs, in the car, on set, my house." Anna sits next to me. "I was going to ask, do you feel weird, becoming a grandma at like, 38?" I ask her. "Ah! I will not be referred to as grandma, thank you. Anna or Gigi." She says properly. "Why gigi?" I scrunch my face. "Why fucking not?" She sasses. "Ok whatever." I brush it off. "In fact, I will tweet that now." She takes her phone out of her bag. A few minutes later, I get a tweet. 'Baby: I am Anna or Gigi. As in Hadid. Get over it and embrace.' And she @ me too. "Wow ok. So, you are free for the next month?" I change the topic. "Pretty much, yeah." She goes into the kitchen and starts making a coffee. "Because Lachie is a way out of state for a while and I don't want to be stranded here." I sigh. "You should get a hospital bag together." Anna suggests. "I have a whole month to go." I shrug. "You never know. You were month early." She tells me. "Really?" I sit up. "Yeah. I slap in the face to me." Anna pours the coffee into the mug 'reserved' for her at my house. "I have like, a bag, but its empty." I slowly stand up. "Let's pack it then. Bonding." Anna gets enthusiastic. She tries to hurry me up, getting upstairs, but only to annoy her I walk slower than I need to. I dig the bag Lilia sent me out of the wardrobe. It was light grey with blue and yellow accents. "Ok, what did you pack in yours?" I ask Anna. "Babe, that was 22 years ago, I have no fucking clue." She rolls her eyes. Since she was no help, I pulled up a list from online. "Ok, dressing gown." I read out loud. Anna opens the door to my walk in and finds my pink silk dressing gown, that I got from set from 'Doors of Silk' for my birthday ages ago, that still fit me. "Ok, and what about you do the baby stuff first?" Anna suggests. "Since that's like, the last step it can go at the bottom." She adds. So I go through the baby's wardrobe and pack some onesies, shoes and socks, a hat, two sleepsuits, diapers, blankets and swaddles. The bag was so big that it was only quarter way fill after all that. "Ok, stuff for birth." Anna tells me next, reading from my phone. I collect everything she reads, comfy clothes, nursing bra, toiletries, warm layers, towels and other random things. Next, I have to go on a small hunt for the extra chargers. Then, I load the bag with non-perishable foods, like Oreos, goldfish and Reese's. "Do you want to go for a swim? I've been dying for one." She sighs. "Yeah sure. The heat is insane." I fan myself, and it was only juts the beginning of May. I pick out a white bikini, and pink one for myself. "This is amazing!" Anna pops up from under the water. "I haven't even heated it." I tell her. "Well it is so nice." She goes under again. I went over to the stairs and got in from there. "Do you have any name ideas? I do." Anna smile. "Ugh! Every freaking interviewer last night asked me that!" I complain. "Oh sorry." Anna pouts, not caring. "Yeah, we have some, but none of them are 'the one' right now." I tell her. "Middle names?" Anna swims closer to me. "We have two in mind." I tell her. "So are you not going to tell me them?" Anna asks. "No. It is going to be a surprise. We don't even have it settled yet." I roll my eyes. "I know. But here are mine." Anna clears her throat. "Anna, Rose, Bella." She says. "Yeah, not Anna. But why Rose and Bella?" I raise an eyebrow, not sure of their significance. "Rose is the birth flower of June, when she is due." Anna looks at me smartly. "Someone did her research." I say, impressed. "And Bella as in the Bella's, who have been supportive of us and because we met at the premiere, Bella's..." She trails off, seeing if I got it. "Not disappointed in those." I nod. "Thank you." She says cutely and dives back under. "But no." I smile before she remerges.