2;3

A WEEK LATER

"Babe, it's not like its war, or the hunger games or some shit." Anna jokes on the phone. "Stop! There are some really rude people in this industry. And for rare shots, it's the hunger games." I complain. "Yeah no shit. Everything will be fine. And you have security with you, right?" She asks. "Yeah, 3." I tell her. "There should be nothing to worry about. Call me when you get there, so I know you made it out alive." She laughs. "Seriously! Stop." I moan, Anna isn't helping my paranoia right now. "Love you. But call if you want." She says and hangs up. It was a game day for Lachie, and being his wife, and away from the world for too long since the baby, I figured I should go. Except, I am so terrified of the paparazzi. I don't want Brooklynn's face shown, even though she's a baby. I guess it's for mine and Lachie's comfort, let alone privacy. Because it was a home game, in LA there was no doubt it would be busy and camera full, and I was not in the right mindset to leave Brooklynn. Lachie left home hours ago, because he has to get ready, and I'm waiting for one of my security guards, Dylan to come pick me up. Right now, Brooklynn is ready, babbling in her car seat ready to go but I had to keep going over things that I should have. I've checked the diaper bag 3 times already when the doorbell goes. Even though I know no one with cameras is outside, I take a deep breath before I open it. "Hello Miss Kendrick. How are you today?" Dylan smiles. "A bit flustered." I try to laugh. "You'll be ok. The others are waiting there." He tells me. "Let's get going then." I pick up Brooklynn in the carrier. As we got closer to the stadium, I got Brooklynn ready, who was asleep anyways. I put a navy-blue blanket over the capsule and tucked it in well so it didn't blow around. Apparently, a few other celebrities were coming to this game also, that's why it was filled with paparazzi. I was also considering the fact that I had a red carpet last night for the premiere of a movie, so people would want to follow up. The movie was with, just you know, low key Anne Hathaway. The driver found a parking spot a few blocks away from the stadium, and Dylan got in contact with the other guards, who were on their way to us. I checked on Brooklynn before I got out when they arrived, and put on my big black sunglasses. I was wearing today light blue ripped jeans and a black and white striped shirt that tied at the bottom and red vans. I had my hair in a top knot too. A guard came around and opened the door for me, so I could walk around the other side and take out the carrier. The thing with paparazzi is when one or two people find you, everyone else does. It started out with two really nice and respectful guys, but as we walked closer to the arena, it got busy. Naturally, I gripped tighter onto the carrier and held the blanket covering her hard. The next few moments went by so quickly, one guy slipped through and got a hold of my right arm, the arm the carrier was on which caused me to let go of it for a second, but only catch it just after it hit the ground. What just happened didn't seem to stop anyone. "Everleigh, can we get a shot of the baby?" "Ev, how are you feeling?" "How is the baby, Ev?" I don't quite remember everything, but when I the capsule hit the ground and Brooklynn started to cry, I know I went rage at the guy that Dylan had gotten hold of. "What the fuck man? What gives the right to do that, and to a one month old?!" I yell, not caring about the crowd that gathered. "We just all want to see the baby." He shrugs, and couldn't care less. "That is not your choice to make." I tell him and face my back to him and pick up the carrier, Brooklynn was still crying. As we started walking again, some people backed off, others stayed. "Is there a shortcut?" I whisper to Dylan, just wanting to get away from this and I'm starting to feel panicked. "Sorry miss, we looked earlier." He tells me, so I pick up the pace. Just as we were coming up to the front gate, I noticed that a part of the blanket had blown off, that's why people had gotten closer to us. There wasn't much I could do right now so I hurried to the entrance, where then we were lead to a private viewing box to watch from. I didn't really know what to do when I got there, whether to cry, or be mad, or check my phone, I was so shaken up from what just went down. I end up sitting down and taking the cover off the carrier and rock it with my foot to calm Brooklynn down. I didn't even notice it until Dylan came in with my fries I asked for. "Miss Kendrick, are you alright?" He asks when he puts the fries down. "Just a bit shaken up." I wipe away tears I didn't even know I had shed. "We handled that man, and are still not sure how it happened, but the three of us apologize." He says sincerely. "That's ok, it wasn't your fault. People are so rude." I smile. "If you need anything, just let me know." He nods and leaves. It only got worse when he closed the door, I could only think of what would happen on social media,and what people would think. My phone rang, it was Anna. "Hey babe. Are you there? I'm watching the warm ups, Lachie looks good." She says, clearly unaware of before. "Yeah I'm here. But something happened." My lip quivers. "What? Is everything ok?" She asks quickly. "One guy got through to me and it made me drop the carrier and the blanket blew off and I don't know if some people got shots of her." I let out. "Darling!" She sighs. "I'm sorry. I never thought that would happen." She has empathy in her voice. "And I went rage at him and now it will look bad." I cry more. "I'm sure you put him in his place, and it was for your defence, let alone a child." Anna comforts me. "The game is starting soon. I better go." I calm down. "If you need anything, just call." She tells me. "Of course. Love you." I tell her. "Love you more. Go Rams!" She cheers before hanging up.
On the car ride home, I was scrolling through my feed on twitter, and there were a lot of tweets and posts about the incident. Some of it was criticism, but majority was positive. After a shitload of scrolling through articles, I found a full video of it. Great. Let's just say it's not cute. But I knew if I didn't address it, it would sit on my mind for a long time. So, I decide to post on Instagram about it. I chose a cuter photo from earlier of me, but I couldn't tell if it was from before or after the 'event'. I wrote a longish paragraph, maybe 20 lines about how protective Lachie and I are, and that we don't want to have Brooklynns face 'out' in the public yet, or at least have a big deal of it. I also defended my actions, yelling at the guy. Before I posted it, I got slightly nervous, but eventually said fuck it. Also, I posted the same thing on twitter too. Thankfully now, Brooklynn was asleep, Lachie won his game and I couldn't wait for him to come home to talk, and drink wine.