44. Good luck

--THREE MONTHS LATER—

Today was finally the day of my audition! I was probably over-prepared, but that's ok. Better than not at all. I got up in my own time today, because my audition wasn't until two. I took a long time in the shower, going over my lines and movements that Lisa had been helping me with. And just to challenge myself, and annoy Anna, I played the Pitch Perfect 3 soundtrack to test how well I could focus. Surprisingly, she didn't come shout at me to turn it off. She had a wrap party for a new movie she just finished shooting so she must be passed out. Anna also said that because I didn't want to come to the party with her because I wanted to prepare for today, she said that we can get our traditional massages another time. I took some extra time to do a face mask and exfoliate my skin. I put on the outfit I laid out last night: A black romper with black ankle boots and my bracelet from Anna. I did my makeup natural and my hair into a high ponytail. "Babe. Lisa just told me who the director is." Anna puts her head around the door. Her hair was still messy from being in bed. "Who?" I turn around. "Steve McQueen!" She squeals. "Shut up! No way." I move around. "Yes way." Anna widens her eyes. "I don't think that helps my nerves." I hold my stomach suddenly. "You will be fine. You know what to do like the back of your hand." Anna comes and sits on my bed. "I guess so." I put my hairbrush away. "When it is over you can go for another drive. Ok?" Anna holds my hand. "Ok." I perk up. I had gone on drives around the neighbourhood with Anna before and am actually quite a good driver. "I'm going to shower now. And then we'll have some lunch before we go. Ok." She brushes some of my hair behind my ear. "Ok." I hug her. She goes to have her shower, and while I make my bed, sing along to her Adele that she was playing. Once I had made my bed, reorganized my makeup and found the hairbrush I had lost months ago, Anna had already made grilled cheese sandwiches in the kitchen. "Come sit." Anna pulls out a stool for me that I go sit on. "What was the last movie you auditioned for? Like, you just get asked to do jobs now." I take a bite of my sandwich. "Honestly, I can't remember. Ages ago." Anna sighs. "Mama is getting old." I joke. "I am! You know I thought I saw a wrinkle on my forehead the other day." Anna feels her forehead. "No, I think you just getting old is making you see things." I check her forehead for her. "Ooh. Lisa texted me." Anna checks her phone. "Hey! Good Luck Ev for today. I know it will go amazing x. That's what she said." Anna read me the message. "We better get going. It's 1 now." Anna sees the time. I put my plate in the sink and grabbed my phone from upstairs then met Anna back in the car. I was quiet in the car, going over lines in my head. This time, there were only three other girls waiting in the room, and they all looked kind of familiar from movies but I couldn't remember which ones exactly. I twiddled around with my pages and resume. The photo for my headshot was one that I had done on Anna and my 'anniversary'. I kept outlining my head with my fingernail until my name was called. "Good luck babe." Anna squeezes my hand before I go. In the room there were more people than in my first audition sitting at the long table. "Hello. My name is Everleigh Kendrick." I smile, noticing Steve in the middle of the table. "And you are 15, correct?" A lady next to him asks. "Yes, 15 years old." I reply. "Ok, whenever you are ready with part 1." She looks up at me. I read the Candice lines and the same lady reads Chloe's lines. Like in my other audition, she changed her tone and speed throughout to see how I could adapt. I finished that scene and went on to the next one. This time, Steve asked to read the part for a boy named Rory with me. It went really well, and like Lisa told me to look for, I could feel energy in the room when we read. When the scene was over, everyone sitting at the table looked very pleased. "Everleigh, would you excuse us for one moment?" The lady asks. "Yes, sure." I smile and step off centre. When I heard the mumbling finish, I guess it was my cue to go back over. "Everleigh. We would be honoured to have you play Candice in the movie." Steve is beaming at me. My mouth dropped open. "Yes! I would love to. Thank you so much!" I half squeal, wanting to stay cool. "The majority of us had heard good things about you from Jason. We think you will be great and make the best Candice and the film perfect." Steve says, which makes me blush. "Can I ask, if it is in your genes?" A new lady asks. "As in Anna Kendrick? Yes, I am her daughter." I had never been prouder to say that. "Well, you two are truly amazing." She says. "Thank you." I respond. "We will send through everything to Lisa for you within the week." Steve wraps up. "Ok. Thank you very much everyone." I acknowledge everyone before I walk out calmly. When the door closes, I see Anna and do an excited gallop down the hall until I get to her. "Did it go well?" Anna grabs my shoulders to stop me moving around. "I got the part." I squeal. "No fucking way!? How do you even know?" Anna squeals with me. "They just said! Apparently, a lot of the people in the room had heard about me." I explain to her. "That is amazing babe! Now will you be able to drive so excited?" Anna jokes. "I'm even more ready. Oh, and they will send everything to Lisa sometime this week." I tell her. "Let's go then." I follow Anna out back to the car.

When we arrive back home I put my stuff inside and switch places with Anna in the car. I was about to turn on music but Anna stopped me. "No way girlfriend. Not until you have your license. You get too into it." Anna laughs. I start the engine and back out of the driveway. I go around the block a few times easily and then Anna said I could drive to Santa Monica Blvd and back. "That was pretty good babe. I'll see when we can get you a test after your birthday." Anna congratulates me. "Then I will be able to drive you everywhere." 

A/N

qotc: What time is it now where you live?

aotc: 10:30 am