2;4

THREE DAYS LATER

"Anna! We have to fucking go!" I shout from her front door. I've been waiting here for five minutes, and Brooklynn is in the car. "Give me a sec!" She yells from the top of her stairs, running to her room. "Now we can't get coffee." I sigh. Anna backs up so I can see her. "Are you sure? Like, drive-thru?" Anna pouts. "Just hurry the fuck up!" I yell again. When I don't hear a reply, I go wait in the car. Today I had a magazine shoot with Vanity Fair and Anna was coming with me to look after Brooklynn. At this point, with all the free time she's had, I don't know if she is canceling jobs for the baby or not. I'm waiting another 5 minutes until she finally opens the car door. "Look who decided to show up." I buckle my seat belt, not impressed. "I'm sorry! I slept through my alarm." Anna yawns. "Its 1 pm." I sass, even though I'm not a morning person either. "I took a nap." She tells me. "Geeze you're getting old." I joke, pulling out of the driveway, Anna doesn't say anything.
"Um, you past the Starbucks bitch." Anna perks up when I pass it. "We are already late." I just look straight ahead. Brooklynn starts crying then. "See, baby wants the coffee too." Anna smiles. "On the way back." I give in. Sometimes I swear I'm Annas mom too. As soon as we get to the shoot, I have to get right into wardrobe, because we were late. The theme for the shoot was 'Boho Summer' So the first outfit I had was a brown leather skirt that laced up on the sides, a white deep neck crop top that tied at the bottom and simple brown sandals. I also had round sunglasses. The shoot was in a small park with really tall trees. After they were happy with that look, we had a break so I went over to the place where everyone was sitting, where Anna and Brooklynn were. "How is she doing?" I take her from Anna and hold her up high, making her smile. "It turns out, she loves clothes." Anna says. "Who doesn't?" I laugh, holding her close to my face. "No, but like she points to the clothes over there. I think we have a little fashionista on our hands." Anna tickles her back. "Oh, so she isn't scared of you now?" I turn around so Brooklynn is facing her. "Hope so. Huh, baby?" Anna makes a funny face, but Brooklynn just winces, probably cringing at her. "Jesus Christ." Anna sighs. "Don't give up." I kiss Brooklynn on the head and pass her back to my mom. The manager of the shoot called me over to change into the next outfit, a cream colored romper with a brown floral pattern and down the center, oval cut outs. The shoes were tall rising brown gladiator sandals. My hair was done wavy and I was given a hat to match it all. We took a golf cart to the next location, which wasn't too far away. After this look, I had 2 more looks, and in between each one, we had a short break so I could see Brooklynn and feed her. The shoot wrapped at 5:30, and Brooklynn was ready to sleep so I agreed to call the manager tonight to do the interview section over the phone. The whole way home, Brooklynn screamed. Eventually, when we were halfway home, I made Anna switch places with me so she was driving and I sat in the back with her. Her high- pitched screams pierced my eardrums but I didn't know what else to do. She kept spitting out her pacifier and ended up getting car sick. That was just perfect because when we pulled up to my street, there were paparazzi vans around, and I had to pack for Europe tomorrow night. So that we could have some privacy, I shut the gate before we got out of the car, and carried Brooklynn inside with her head cradled into my chest. "She needs to sleep." I hand her to Lachie when we get in. "How was the shoot?" He asks, taking her. "Pretty good. She held up the whole time, but is at the breaking point now." I tell him, so he kindly takes her upstairs to put her to sleep. It takes 5 minutes for the screaming to stop and turn to quiet sobs. "So, I'm gonna go and pack myself." Anna heads out. "Ok. Thanks for coming." I hug her. "Just breathe. But don't hold it too long." She smiles. "Love you." I hug her again. "Love you too. See you tomorrow." She closes the door behind her quietly. A few minutes later, Tegan came in with donuts. "Yas queen!" I open the box and take out my favorite, Boston crème. "Where's Bubba?" She looks around, she absolutely loves kids. "Being put to bed." I tell her. "Aw. I guess we should start packing." She puts the donuts on the bench and gets a glazed one for herself. Tegan follows me upstairs, quietly into my bedroom because Brooklynn's room was just down the hall. I take out two suitcases from the wardrobe, one for me, one for Brooklynn. Tegan poured us some wine to have while we packed. "Oh damn. Brooklynn's clothes are all in her room." I realize. "Do yours first then." Tegan suggests, opening the door to the wardrobe. "You know, I was thinking about moving to a new house." I say, taking my collection of sweatpants off the shelve. "Oh yeah?" She says. "Yeah. Ever since the football game, and just earlier I have felt so paranoid and protective. It's doing my head in." I admit. "Then it's for the best. Have you talked to Lachie?" She folds some pairs of sweatpants and puts them in the suitcase. "No, but he'll be open to it. I would love to be in a gated or secure neighborhood." I think out loud. "So, you're one of those people now." Tegan raises her eyebrows. "Not really, I just am being a protective mother." I smile. "But you won't be thinking about houses too much for the next three months." Tegan goes back into the wardrobe and comes back out with shorts and t-shirts to pack. It sounded quiet in Brooklynn's room, so I snuck down there and cracked the door open a bit. Lachie was asleep in the rocking chair with the baby also asleep on his chest. I took the chance to take a photo before I grabbed baby clothes and diapers from the wardrobe to put them in the suitcase. Half an hour later, Lachie comes out with his hair ruffled and eyes red. "Is she down?" I kiss him hopefully. "For now!" He yawns. "I'm going to miss you heaps, babe." He pulls me into his chest that I can hear his heartbeat. I'm still so much smaller than him that I only reach just under his shoulders. We both take in our quiet moment and end up moving to the couch, I sit on his lap and we make out for a while. Until the wails of our daughter come from upstairs. We both stop with our foreheads together and laugh quietly. "We made a cute kid babe, but it's going to be a long night." Lachie smiles. 

A/N

Hey guys, 

I'm slowly getting through writing, therefore publishing :)

PLEASE tell me what you think of the story at this point, I'm really proud of what I have lined up and so thankful for everyone who reads. So, I would love to know what you think

xx