39. Parties and video games

"Anna! Look at this!" I shake her awake. We had slept for 8 hours since we got to sleep so this photo could be everywhere. "What!" Anna is startled. I show her the photo I found of me yesterday holding the bottle of vodka she asked me to find. Anna groans. "What's the caption." She rubs her eyes. "Minor in possession; Everleigh Kendrick, starring in new Jennifer Lawrence film found last night." I read from the article. Anna takes my phone and reads the article. "Bullshit." She scoffs. "What do we do?" I sit up. "You won't do anything about it." Anna gets out of bed. "Then what will you do?" I roll my eyes. "Not sure yet. Just live your life normally. You have school to do and people to comfort." Anna says. "Oh right, I forgot about that." I start to text Lachie. 'Hey, how is everything?'. I send. 'Oh, good morning... we said our goodbyes earlier and are on the way home now.' He replies. 'Do you want me to meet you?' I ask. 'No, going to have some time together, aunt is arriving soon too. Love you X.' He tells me. 'Ok. Let me know if need me. Love you. X.' I send him. "They are all on their way home and their aunt is going to be there soon," I tell Anna. "Ok, maybe we can go over later." She opens her wardrobe to choose something to wear. "But what are you going to do about the photo?" I ask, look at the comments on it. "Probably a tweet or something. Or nothing." Anna shrugs. "Ok, well I have school to do so let me know." I stand up. "Have fun." Anna teases me. Since I slept in till midday, I had some work to catch up on, but it was easy. In between a pop quiz and maths sheet, I went downstairs to get something to eat. "How does this sound?" Anna asks when she sees me. "Yeah, I 'totally' allow my 15 yr old to drink vodka, she can hold the bottle though and be a helpful human. Geeze things get misinterpreted; it's for me stupid. *eye roll emoji and martini emoji*" She reads from her phone. "Will that be taken seriously?" I raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean? Its sarcasm, what I do best. And have you ever doubted me?" Anna folds her arms. "No, but I think I do sarcasm pretty well too," I smirk. "It's on." Anna challenges. "Well, I have one more thing to do for school." I went to the pantry and got some chips. "No, those are for tonight." Anna takes the bag from me. "Ok fine." I get some goldfish instead. When I finally finish the algebra worksheet I go through Instagram and see Lachie and Lilia's post. It was the same picture of Joanne, saying she had passed. They got lots of love in the comments and support. "Hey babe, want to watch Game of Thrones now? That it's not 3 in the morning now?" Anna pops her head into my room. "Yeah sure. Did you see Lachie and Lils' post?" I showed her my phone. "That's sweet. But the girls will be here soon so we only have time for one episode so let's go." She says. We decide to watch it in her room because she had cleaned downstairs for tonight.

We had just finished the episode on time when the doorbell rang. I went with Anna downstairs to see people. First was Britt. "Hey, babe!" Britt hugs her, then me. "I saw that photo of you, Ev. Nice cover though Anna. You can have some if you want...." Britt starts. "Nope. Britt stop it." Anna play hits her. Eventually, everyone had arrived, Anna Camp, Chrissie, Rebel, Kelly, Shelly, and Ester. Hana and Alexis couldn't make it. Anna had just turned the music up when I got a text from Lachie. 'Looks like a party is going on! Welcome over if you want.' He said. 'Yes please! Be there soon x.' It took me awhile to get Annas attention. "Hey, I'm going to Lachies now. I'll see you later." I tell her. She is jumping up and down to the music and nods her head saying 'Ok'.

"Hey!" I hug him when I see him. "Hey babe." He kisses me on the cheek. "This is Kayla, our aunt." He introduces me to her. She looks almost just like Joanne, but taller and a bit wider. "Nice to meet you." I shake her hand. "So, this is Everleigh, she lives across the road to us." He explains. "I see. Well, nice to meet you too." She smiles. "We are going downstairs," Lachie tells her. She nods and gets back to her puzzle. "Pretty traditional, am I right?" Lachie smiles when we get to the basement. "Meh." I shrug. "Where's Lil and stuff?" I ask, noticing they aren't around. "Lilia is at a friends and the other two are watching TV upstairs." He tells me. "You know, you're probably the strongest person I know." I put my arms over his shoulders and he puts his hands on my waist. "She's in a better place." He whispers. "Do you want to do something, or just stay here like this?" I laugh. "Lets have a video game marathon!" I suggest enthusiastically, noticing he already had controllers out. "I am going to dominate this." He cracks his knuckles. "Watch out." I joke. So it turns out he did dominate me in every single game, except one. "Ok Mario Kart, last chance babe." He puts the disc in. I choose my normal character, Yoshi and reposition myself, ready to win. We did three laps and when I overtook him, he couldn't catch up to me again. When I passed the finish line first, I was so happy. "Whooo! Suck on that!" I scream. "Ok, ok good game." Lachie throws the controller aside and pulls me onto his lap so I straddle him. "I was going easy on you." He whispers before he kissed me. I put my hands on his jaw like I normally do and he slides his hands past my waist onto my lower back. We go on for a long time, so long, he starts to move his hand around my shorts waist line around the front. I start to slide my hands down his ripped front to the bottom hem of his shirt. I was about to pull his shirt over his head, when my phone rang. "Awww. Come on." Lachie is jokingly disappointed. I crawl off of him and answer. "Hey Anna. What's up." I answer. "Ev! You. Should. Come. Home. Now." Anna says, in time to the music in the background, and that we could hear across the street. "Do you need me home? Like is everything ok?" I ask, not really wanting to go. "Just come back, Britt asked about you." She tells me. "Oh. See you soon." I hang up. "Anna wants me home." I pout to Lachie. "That's ok. There'll be other times." He runs his hand through my hair. "See you tomorrow." I stand up. "Love you." He kisses me. "Love you too Babe." I wipe lipstick off his face.