49. Kimmel

My makeup was smeared all under my eyes the next morning. I forgot to take it off last night. Even though I was up and awake later than yesterday, I was still tired as hell. I took a makeup wipe and cleared my face before I showered. And as usual, to get Anna up I today blasted the Pitch Perfect 2 soundtrack. "Thanks. I'm up." Anna groans from outside the bathroom. I turn off the water and wrap my hair up in a towel and myself in one. I slide open my wardrobe and stand in front of it for five minutes deciding what to wear. Today for press Jennifer and I were doing a Teen Vogue interview, that I am very excited about, an ad for Regal Cinemas and later we are taping Jimmy Kimmel Live! I chose to wear for the first part of the day, ripped denim jeans, a white singlet crop top with a red and black flannel tied around my hips with combat boots and my hair straight. Since I was going from Teen Vogue to filming the Regal Cinema ad, I had to bring what I was wearing. The wanted us in 'comfy clothes' So I put in a duffel bag my pink sweatpants Anna got me and a grey long-sleeved crop top with Ugg boots. And I bet you Jennifer will have a onesie. I had time to come home to get ready for Jimmy Kimmel, and Maisie was bringing my outfit anyway. I wiggled into my skinny jeans and went back into the bathroom to put on my makeup. "Babe half an hour." Anna knocks on the door. "Ok." I say, still focused on my eyeliner. I did winged eyeliner today. As soon as I am finished, I grab the bag with my clothes in it and catch up to Anna downstairs. She had on black shorts and a grey hoodie. Annas car was already out, so we took hers today. Teen Vogue didn't want us to fly out to New York for this one shoot, so they set up a studio in LA. Today, Jennifer and I arrived at the same time so we walked in together and Anna went on a coffee run for us. They had a blue backdrop set up and the lady who looked to be in charge was waiting she explained to us what would happen, just like any other interview and then makeup came and did touch ups. We got into the frame and they started recording. We introduced ourselves first and then we were read the questions to be answered. This time they were more about ourselves which was a good change. The stars just aligned when we were asked '3 people we are inspired by and why.' and Anna came back from the coffee run. Jennifer went first and listed her three and why, then I said, "It is actually really hard to answer this because I have had so many opportunities to meet amazing people who do inspire me but 3 standouts I can think of right now are not Jennifer Lawrence," I joke and can tell Jennifer pretended to be offended. "Hailee Steinfeld, I watch her make music sometimes and it is cool to see and I would like to do that someday, Ellen because honestly who isn't she is incredible and Anna Kendrick. She means the world to me, she keeps me grounded, she is supportive and a hell of an actress." I finish. I felt cheesy but it was true. I looked over at Anna and she had put the coffee down and had her hands over her heart with her cute smile on her face. We finished up the interview and Anna came over and made her bottom lip quiver in a pout and gently hugged me cutely. "Did you really mean that?" She asks. "Of course, I did!" I smile. "Aww." Anna does her cute high-pitched voice with her hands like paws by her face. We finished up at Teen Vogue and got back in the car to go to shoot the ad. "I thought to myself Jennifer would be in a onesie!" I remark when I see what Jennifer was wearing, a koala bear onesie. We were given lines to learn and they were easy enough to remember and were taken to a room that 3 of the walls were green. We went through recording it maybe 5 times until the people in charge were happy with it. At the shoot, we had gone over time meaning I had less time to get ready for the Kimmel Taping. Maisie was inside waiting for us because Anna had given her the code to get inside earlier. It was all happening fast when we got inside, I showered quickly to take off my makeup and make my hair normal again. Maisie had everything laid out when I came downstairs. Tayla had also arrived and sat me down to do my hair in really, really tight French braids and my makeup natural. I let Anna pick out my outfit for today because there was an article about 'the most stylish women' she was featured in and I said I would 'give her a chance'. "If they mean sweatpants and top knots then yeah." I joke when I saw it. She chose a two-piece set. Shimmery rose gold high waisted shorts a top that was cropped to match it and white open-toed heels. "Where did you find this?" I spin around in it, actually in love with her outfit. "It might have been Urban Outfitters." Anna casually shrugs. "Online." She adds. "Well its cute." I say. It was 3:30 and we had to be at Kimmel at 4. "Are you driving or me?" Anna hoists herself up from the couch. "I'll drive." I offer. "Thank the Lord. I am so done with driving today." Anna lets out a sigh of relief. "I don't get how you can get tired of driving. I love it!" I grab my keys. "Well after driving a teenager around all day..." Anna jokes. " Hey..." I mope and open the front door. "Babe stay there and hand me your phone. You match the car." Anna stops me in my tracks. I realized that the rose gold accents on my car match my outfit. I let Anna take what turned out to be a really cute photo of me before we were on the road.

"Ok babe, here is a smaalllll list of things to remember." Anna unbuckles her seatbelt when we arrive. "Here we go," I say under my breath. "Don't slouch. Don't swear, even though I let you, yes laugh at jokes, be open to answering questions but be assertive to what you won't answer, make negative things you are talking about like maybe an incident more happy or humorous. And have fun." Anna says all in one breath. "Yes, ma'am!" I sass and get out of the car. Jennifer was already there and she was wearing a black pencil dress that had a cut out under her boobs so her skin was showing. "That is probably the most adorable outfit ever." Jennifer smiles. "Ok, let's count how many statements you get on my choice of outfit tonight." Anna comes up and holds on with her arms around me from behind. She rests her chin on my shoulder and I put my head on hers. "They are just setting up, Jimmy will be over in a minute." A lady with a headset on tells us. We wait around for a while for Jimmy to finally come backstage. He said hello to Jennifer, Anna and then me. "Nice to meet you Everleigh. Thank you for coming." I shake his hand. "Thank you for having me." I smile. "You look like your mom." He looks at Anna and me. "Thank you." Anna smiles in a high-pitched voice. She is in her cutesy mood today. Jimmy talks to us for a while longer before he goes to get changed. Jennifer and I just talk to kill time because Anna had to take a call for more Trolls 2 recording times. They had started taping and Jimmy did his monologue before we were finally called out. I sat closest to him and Jennifer behind me. "Hey, guys. Nice to see you, and meet you." He hugs both of us. He talks to Jennifer first about her and then to me before we talk about the movie. I think Jennifer was fed up with questions about the movie. "Ev, do you want to explain?" She asked me. So I for maybe the 5th time in the past 36 hours explained the movie. We talked for a bit longer about stuff to Jennifer and me about being 16 for the rest of the interview. I was so happy to finally get home after a long day where I got dressed and I have been recently sleeping in Anna's bed went to sleep. 

A//N-

Thank you for 6k reads! Can we get to 10k by mid-May?!

Also, I like reading your guys' thoughts and opinions on the story and anything IRL happening! Comment anything! 

XXX