2;21

THREE MONTHS LATER

"Ok, so this is the name if it is a boy..." I hold my phone up to Lachies face to check with him again. "Yep." He nods. "And if it's a girl..." I show him again, and he nods again. Its nearing 5pm on December 31st, meaning its New Year's Eve. Anna is hosting a party, which is going to double as the baby's gender reveal. This pregnancy has definitely been harder than Brooklynn's, I get sick more often and recently have been finding it hard to sleep comfortably or consistently. I'm already about 3 and a half months into the pregnancy, which is also why we announced it yesterday online. All the comments have been very positive and happy for us, which is obviously what we hoped for. "Gigi's house! Gigi's house!" Brooklynn sings, coming into Lachie and I's room. "Are you excited to find out if it's a baby brother or sister?" I pick her up and sit her on my lap. She thinks for a second. "Only if it is a sister." She smiles. "Well we don't get to choose, you know." Lachie reminds her.  "I thought Gigi does." She says. "Well no... she just knows." I stroke her head. This time we are doing the reveal differently because the only person who knows right now is Anna, because she is planning the party and has some extravagant way planned to reveal the sex. Neither Lachie or I know yet and we are kind of scared. All day, Anna has been sending me texts and photos of her setting up, but its only close ups of things so I still have no idea. "WELL THEN WE HAVE TO GO AND ASK HER!" Brooklynn yells at me. "Hey! Inside voice." I give her a look. "but you will know very soon Boo, in fact, we are leaving now." Lachie tells her, which reminded me that we had to go. Brooklynn was dressed in a sequenced gold skirt, and a black velvet top with a gold bow in her hair... dressed for the occasion. I had on a gold flowy dress and Lachie wore a suit with a gold tie. 15 minutes later, we pulled up to Annas house that when you walked in, looked like the tooth fairy got carried away and that New Years Eve glitter was everywhere you looked. "Wow! You really went all out." I put my bag down when I enter. "Didn't want to disappoint babe. Some people are already out on the deck so maybe you head out. Cookies are just out of the oven." She hugs me and Lachie quickly before racing off to the oven with Brooklynn. "Be careful please" I call, watching Anna let Brooklynn put her head near the oven to take a look. I got out to the deck to see Brittany, Chrissie and Alex there. "Hey darling! You look amazing." Alex hugs me first. "Aw thank you, not too much?" I twirl in the fully gold dress. "Never!" He smiles. Eventually everyone arrives, including Maddie, Kenzie, Hailee, and Millie Bobby Brown. Because it is winter, it was already dark out so everyone was hanging around, socializing and drinking (not me of course). I came inside to find Brooklynn sitting on Annas lap, playing with her hair. "Please can you tell me? I'll keep it a secret." Brooklynn laughs to her. "I don't trust you." Anna smiles. "What's going on here?" I join them on the couch. "Little miss is trying to find out the gender of the baby before everyone else." Anna smirks. "No way!" I pretend to be surprised and tickle her, making her squirm and run off to find Lachie. "So, another year." Anna sighs. "I know right. 13 years together." I put my head on her shoulder. "We need to do something together. Like big." Anna says passionately. "What are you thinking?" I smile. "A movie." She beams. I take a moment to think about it. "That's crazy." I laugh. "What?! Why not though?" Anna pushes me off her shoulder. "It's a bit weird..." I trail off. "Meryl Streep and her daughter did it." She shrugs, so I think a bit longer. "Ok. If I could drink, I would drink to it." I approve. "Yay!" Anna squeals and takes a swig of her own drink and pulls me into a tight hug. It is now coming close to 9.30, and Brooklynn is getting anxious and tired. "Mommyyyy! Please can we do it now." She starts to cry. "Aww bubs yes. We are going right now." I pick her up and take her outside, which makes her instantly perk up. Anna gets everyone's attention on the deck. "Ok, so before we find out, I would just like to say, that Ev and Lachie are the best parents I think Brooklynn could ever ask for, and I can only imagine what it will be like to have a second one running around. But we, and especially I, am so happy for you both and regardless of what you two had planned, we all already love this baby." Anna raises her glass. "Aww thank you so much guys for coming and for all of this. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people and year." I take a sip of my juice. "So, Lachie, Ev and Brooklynn, if you could stand by the railing, facing outwards and everyone else stand back, we need to get the perfect reaction shot." Anna instructs. "Oh God, why do we have to face away from you?" I get nervous. "So, you can see the view." Anna smirks. "Are they fireworks?" I laugh and take Lachies hand. "Maybe... ready?" Anna asks, giving us the que to turn around. "3,2,1..." and she pushes a button to release the fireworks. Pink sparkles in the sky above us, making me first scream excitedly then burst into tears of joy. The words 'It's a girl.' Pop up too, and Lachie opens his arms to me and we kiss and I think, he shed some tears too. Everyone was cheering still when I remembered Brooklynn. "B! You're going to have a baby sister!" Lachie picks her up. "I know! I'm so happy!" She beams, and hugs both of us. "this is the best day ever!" She calls. "Aw, you are going to be such a great big sister." I cry more just thinking about it. Everyone comes and gives us hugs before we announce the name. "So, no one knows the name except for Ev and I." Lachie explains. "And you may realize we have a little theme going too." He continues. "And whoever guesses gets to be a godparent?" Anna jokes, making everyone laugh. "No. we were just going to say it but if you want to waste your time..." I tell Anna. "Ok fine." She sighs. "So, we have a theme of cities because of Brooklynn, and the middle name is just the same as B's middle initial." I explain. "I already love it." Maddie smiles. "So, the name is... Albany Jade Davies." And everyone awes, in love with it too.