47. First premiere

--FOUR WEEKS LATER--

"Good morning babe! Today is the day!" Anna says excitedly when she comes in this morning. I had to think for a second to remember today was the premiere for Doors of Silk. I had seen articles about it over the past few months and that there were high expectations for this movie. The trailer had come out in February and the posters soon after. They had used the photos of Jennifer and I falling. Different shots of different times of us falling were put into one, and as we fell closer to the bottom, the image got fainter. The top of the poster had Doors of Silk in black bold letters and above that in smaller print was Jennifer Lawrence and introducing Everleigh Kendrick. I love the poster, I think it gives a good mark for the movie too. "I am so nervous." I rub my eyes. "You will be great. And when you get out there on the carpet, you will love it." Anna brushes some hair behind my ear. "What's the time." I ask. "9." Anna looks at her phone. "I have to get going. Lilia and I are getting mani and pedis done." I spring out of bed. I invited Lachie and Lilia to come to the premiere with me, and Anna. "Ok. Be back by 1." Anna gets up and makes my bed for me. I grab some clothes to put on, shorts and a t-shirt and quickly shower and wash my hair. "Lilia is here!" Anna calls when I am done in the shower. "Coming!" I yell back. I grab my keys and phone. Lilia had plugged her phone into the aux already when we got into my car. I passed my driver's test easily and still brag about it. She turned up the top 40 and screamed at the top of her lungs along. I finally found a parking spot at the salon. Inside we were the only ones there and we were early for our appointment too. I got nude color and Lilia got red, she said it would match what she was wearing. For the pedicure, I got the same as Lilia, a very pale blush colour. When our nails had dried, we drove thru Starbucks and got an ice tea to cool down. We arrived back home at 1 exactly and there were two more cars outside my house. "By babe. See you at 6." Lilia hugged me, but her ice tea was resting on my back and made me squeal. "Don't be late." I laugh. Inside was Maisie, Anna's stylist and makeup artist, Tayla were inside laying stuff out. "Hey guys." I put my keys down. "Hey Hun. We are just trialling some things on Anna for you so you've got time." Maisie smiles. Right now, Annas hair was in a low loose bun and half her makeup was done. "What are you wearing?" I sit across from Anna on the couch. "The black dress over there." Anna moves her eyes to a rack that had an all-black tight dress that was low cut and had spaghetti straps and ended just above her knees. My dress was in a black dress bag right now to be put on later. "I'm going to do some school. Just call me when you need me." I stand up.

At about 4:30, I was being summoned back downstairs. Anna was now wearing a dressing robe and her hair was slicked to her left side and curled at the bottom. She had neutral eyeshadow and a red lip and she had ruby earrings in. "Babe go put on your dressing gown over just your under clothes so you don't smudge," Anna tells me so I skip back upstairs and grab my robe and change in the bathroom. I sat in the chair Anna was in earlier in the kitchen and Tayla started doing my hair. "What are you going to do?" I ask her. "We are curling it and then out. But it will look best if you leave your hair behind you on your back on the carpet. Can you do that?" Tayla asks. "Yep." I nod. When she had finished with that, she moved onto my makeup. Gold/ rose gold eyeshadow, black cat-eye eyeliner, mascara, lots of highlighter and a light pink lipstick. Anna had in that time gotten changed into her white dress, with red heels. When Tayla was spraying setting spray over the top, Maisie got out my dress and shoes. Tonight, was the perfect night to finally wear the dress Anna gave me that she wore to the first Pitch Perfect premiere. I hadn't had the right chance to use it and this was finally it. I just took off my robe in the living room and Anna helped me step into it. It fit perfectly. "Baby. That looks stunning." Anna gasps. "I love it." I do a twirl around. Maisie hands me the box that the shoes were in. They were the ones Anna had worn as well, rose gold strappy heels. The blush nail polish on my toes matched it well. I sat down and buckled them up. "Babe. You look gorgeous." Anna smiles. "Thank you." I smile and hand her my phone, asking her to take a photo. Maisie had taken photos of the both of us just when Lachie and Lilia came in. "Oh Ev! You look amazing." Lilia hugs me. "So do you." She was wearing a short red dress with red heels, similar to Annas. "Babe you look hot." Lachie dips me when he sees me. "So do you, handsome." I peck him on the lips, not wanting to ruin my makeup. He was wearing a white button-down with a black suit jacket and pants. The car was waiting for us on the street, so the four of us piled in. We were just taking off when Anna's phone rang. "Hey." She answers quietly. "Yeah, we are in the car now." I mime to her asking who it was but she looked away and cupped her mouth but I could still hear her. "The side. Farside. Show the thing. She will freak." Anna was whispering. "See you." She hung up. "Who was that?" I raise an eyebrow. "None of your business cheeky." Anna smiles. "Was it about me?" I ask. "Geeze! Someone needs to mind their own business." Anna teases. "Come on! Pleeaasssseee." I complain. "Nope." Anna crosses her arms and looks out the window.

It was really busy at the convention center where the premiere was. It was set up similar to the Pitch Perfect 3 premiere. There was a line of black cars carrying people who were waiting to get out, When our car was aligned with the red carpet, the door opened and we all got out. "You two come with me." The man said, talking about Lachie and Lilia. "You will be great babe." Lachie kisses me and Lilia squeals and hugs me goodbye. We had to meet up with them later. Another man came and escorted Anna and me through a crowd of people to the red carpet. When we walked through the entrance, fans who were waiting started screaming. We both waved to them on either side of us but didn't go over. It wasn't Annas movie and she didn't feel right going over. A bit further down, you could see the part of the carpet where all the cameras were. The background was all white and across the whole thing was the movie title spelled out. A woman, who Anna seemed to know, was now in charge of us on the carpet. She told me to step out on the carpet and Anna stayed behind her. It is actually very intimidating, all the cameras flashing on you, people yelling at you and the hot lights. Occasionally, when the woman told her too, Anna jumped out onto the carpet with me. It was maybe 10 feet of that, and it took forever too. I said hi to Mackenzie and Max who were in front of me, but I couldn't see Jennifer yet. The part in the middle of the carpet had interviews. I really liked doing them it turns out. The first one was for E! "Everleigh! You look very nice." The lady said. "Thank you." I smile. "This dress might be familiar to some people, right?" She asks. "Yeah, um, this was Annas dress she wore to the first Pitch Perfect premiere. It is a special dress." I say and the camera moves down to view the whole dress. "I'm sure it must be like a dream, being here tonight, with Anna!" The interviewer says and points the microphone back to me. "It is so amazing. I really love doing all of this and I can't wait for more. I feel very lucky and blessed to have these opportunities and all thanks to Anna." I tell her. "Now tell me one thing we might not know about Jennifer or what is it like to work with her?" She asks. "Oh, she is horrible. A pain to work with." I say sarcastically. "But no, she is incredible. Can always make me laugh and has a great work ethic." I tell her. She asks me a bit more like my birthday, what is in store, stuff like that. I didn't say anything about my new movie because it hadn't been announced yet. I did three more interviews after that that all basically had the same questions. The last part of the carpet was more photos. I posed moving down the carpet slowly. I was walking toward the end when Jennifer came up behind me. "Hi!" She hugs me. "Hi! So good to see you." I hug her back. "You look gorgeous." She tells me. "And you." I look at her grey strapless dress. "How have you been?" She asks. "So good. Finally, 16." I smile. "I saw that! Happy late Birthday she hugs me again. "I better get back." Jennifer notices her escort motioning her back and all the cameras now pointing at us. "Ok. I'll see you later." I smile. Just as I was getting to the end of the carpet, I saw a familiar face in the crowd. The first thing I did was turn down to Anna with a huge smile on my face, who got caught up in an interview, but she saw me and smiled at me, knowing who I saw. I couldn't wait anymore, I ran carefully in my heels off to the side where Aria was! "Oh my God! Oh my God!" I scream and run into her arms. "What? How!" I pull away and wipe away some tears. "Anna pulled some strings for us." Stephanie comes up behind her. I hug her too. "Did Anna do this." I sigh, still crying. "Oh my God I missed you." Aria hugs me again. "You look great." I compliment her black lace dress. "But you are stunning. And my God seeing you in articles and on Instagram." Aria laughs. "I'm still not really believing any of this." I sigh. "It is so real. And everyone at school is happy and they say hi." Aria tells me. I then notice the lady who was with Anna and me calling me back to the carpet. "I have to go. But I'll see you later." Aria wipes the rest of my tears and fixes my smudges. I hug Stephanie and Aria again before I go back onto the red carpet. Anna was finally done with her interview and came up to me. "You sneaky bastard!" I squeal and hug her, but professionally for the cameras. "I knew you would like it." Anna poses at the cameras. "Is that who you were talking to?" I raise an eyebrow. "Yep," She grins.

The rest of the night went so fast, Lachie and Lilia met Aria who unfortunately could only stay tonight. And Jennifer and I caught up at the after party as well as me and Mackenzie, Max and Jason. The party ended at around 12 when Anna was clearly drunk and ready to go home. I had a very emotional goodbye with Aria and then said goodbye to Lachie and Lilia when we got home. I fell asleep in Annas bed again looking at photos from tonight.