15. Saying bye, keep in touch

Annas POV

I wake up the next morning, still on the couch with Ev still in my lap. I look over at the clock, it is only 7 am, Ev won't be up for awhile. I am about to go back to sleep but then I realize, we were supposed to pack last night. I carefully lift her up off me and out Ev back on the couch. I go to the downstairs cupboard and get out two suitcases and hull them upstairs. First, In Everleighs room and find her winter clothes, toiletries, laptop, and chargers. I only just manage to shove her winter coat on top of everything else and zip it shut. In my room, I just shove everything I need into the suitcase and am done. I hate packing. I get back downstairs at 8 am after I showered and got into comfy clothes to fly in. "Morning." I chirp when I see Ev awake, just staring at nothing. "Did you just wake up?" I ask. "No, actually I was thoughtfully woken by your Adele shower concert." She says in her bitch face. "Your welcome," I smirk. "Whats with the bags?" Ev asks. "Right, so I forgot to say, once we drop them off at the hospital, we are going back to Vancouver," I tell her. "Vancouver? Why?" "We haven't finished filming..." I trail off, wondering why she even asked. "Oh right. I forgot." Ev laughs at herself. "You're ok in what you're wearing to fly in, right?" I check with her. "Yep." She plops back onto the couch and turns on How to get away With Murder. 

Everleighs POV

Later, when we had had early lunch and put our suitcases in the car, we went over to get Lachie, Lilia, Gemma, and Teddy. "Do you know how she is?" I ask in the car. "We are going to find out. And what are the suitcases for?" Lachie asks. "Oh, once we drop you, we are going back to Vancouver for Annas' movie," I tell them. Lachie looks disheartened. "Oh." Is all he says and looks out the window. "How long is it for?" I ask Anna, not knowing myself. "Two weeks," Anna says with a straight face. I know she knows I would have protested if I knew before we left home. "Two weeks?! What about school? And these guys." I ask frantically. "I have everything packed for you, you have to do it there. And I'm sure they will be fine without you." She laughs. "Won't you?" "Not really," Lachie says, still looking out the window. "We will face time you every day," Lilia says, being positive. That was the last thing said until we pulled into the drop off zone at the hospital. I got out of the car too to say goodbye. Lachie and I met at the back of the car. He still looks sad, or mad. I can't tell. While Lilia is helping Teddy out of the car, we just stand and look at each other, not sure what to say. "You will be ok. We can talk every..." He puts his lips to mine, not wanting to let go. "Ok lovebirds lets go." Lilia pulls Lachie away. "Bye," I say, standing there looking helpless. I jump when Anna honks the horn to get me back in the car. "He loves you, babe," Anna tells me. "He hasn't told me that," I tell her. "There is nothing wrong with you saying you love him first, you know." She encourages me. "I know. What time is the flight?" I ask. "Anytime between 11 and 12. On the private jet. That's why we had to hurry." I look at the time, it's 11.37. "Hey did the Corden episode air last night?" I ask, not remembering. "Yep. And I haven't a seen what they put in the interview. We have the security meeting us at the here." Anna pulls up at the airport, perfect timing. I get my bag out of the car, and she gets hers. "Put your sunglasses on," Anna tells me. 2 men dressed in black casual clothes meet us. Another man takes Annas car and parks it for her. "Just in time, Miss Kendrick." One one the men say in a deep voice. "Whys that?" She asked. "Your plane just arrived." I realize that man was Jax, who took me to meet Anna at the premiere. Paparazzi are already inside, holding their cameras up. As soon as the automatic doors open: 'Anna! Give us a smile!' 'Anna, where are you heading?' 'Anna, this is your daughter, correct?' 'Anna!'. "They are so loud today," I whispered to Anna. "It changes every time." After more cameras flashing and, a fan pushing past everybody and get in the way we finally get to the gate. On the airstrip, Anna gives Jax her phone to take a photo of us. "This should be a tradition," I say through my teeth while posing. "It already was," Anna says through her teeth as well, but it comes out really wrong and funny, we can't stop laughing. Once the plane is in the air, Anna and I look through the photos. Jax took photos of us laughing and they looked pretty good, Anna and I both decide to post one. And we caption it the same, weird thing. 'We like planes.' 

We landed in Vancouver at 3 and had to go straight to set. Everyone was all hugging and catching up for the first half hour, then they had to get cracking. I am so glad I have my phone, charger, and WiFi to keep me occupied. At 6, there is a short break and Anna heads over to me. "Hey Babe, whats up?" Anna approaches. "Not much. How much longer are we here for?" I rub my eyes. "It looks like a long night to me. Do you want to head to the hotel?" Anna rubs my back. "No, I'll stay. I just want food." I moan. "We have another break soon, we can head out and grab something." A crew member calls her name so she has to go back. I decide to FaceTime Lachie. He answers on the first ring. "Hey. How is everything?" I ask. "It's fine, Lils made dinner for everyone, mom seems to be ok." He smiles. "Where are you?" He looks at my background. "Oh, we are on a stage for filming," I explain. "Can I see?" He asks. "I'm not allowed to film anything," I say. "That's ok. How long have you been there for?" "About three hours. Anna said it's going to be a late night." I sigh. "Oh sorry. If you want to talk, I'm here." He smiles. "Same here. Tell everyone I said hi. They are about to start so I gotta go." I sign off. "Ok, I will." Lachie ends. After sitting in one of those director chairs for a long time, it starts to get uncomfortable. You feel cool though. I decide to go over to Annas trailer/dressing room. She has all our bags there and, food! Thank God! I eagerly dig into a can of Pringles and watch more of How to get away with Murder.

"Ah ha. Thought you would be here. Anna swings the door open. "We have like 10 mins to get food so move your ass." I spring to my feet and we speed walk down the road to McDonald's. We both get chicken bacon ranch grilled salads. 

We, at last, get to the hotel at 3 am. "You know, there is only these two weeks, then we wrap." Anna tells me. "Music to my ears." I say with no expression. "Hey, you have to do school tomorrow, get some rest." Anna turns the light out.